Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Logistics all around have been messed up for a while and keep getting worse due to a perfect storm of supply issues, lack of employment, and no fucks to give. This seems to be getting more and more common with the companies Costco contracts out to deliver poo poo to people. And Costco isn't doing anything about it because there probably isn't any other option in most areas to go with another delivery company. Unless Costco wants to invest in having their own delivery services I don't see the problem changing anytime soon.

Costco has to deal with the same bullshit from their vendors as well. Maybe one of these days I'll make a long post about how god drat frustrating this poo poo is from the perspective of a Costco employee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I'm ready for some discount hams

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Whooping Crabs posted:

Pressed Hams?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpDtkBMaZD4

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

Chemo-kitties can have “accidents” too!

Psion posted:

okay well now I'm interested in hearing more about this

Being a carbonated beverage product developer? I used to work at Coke, then at a local company that makes Sparkling Ice (which are sold at Costco and there's a Kirkland knockoff). My job is to create the formulas for products you buy at the grocery store and then ensure that they scale up in the manufacturing plants. Now I work in coffee, doing the same thing.

Blue Moonlight posted:

Hopefully you can solve a mystery for me then.

You know how some people think cilantro tastes like soap? Is there something similar where sparkling water tastes like bitter garbage? Like there isn’t enough “flavor” in the world to overcome it?

Is it just HFCS that renders soda drinkable?

It's likely from the carbonic acid created by the CO2, and without sweetener, you're just drinking water plus acid plus aromatics. Balancing sweetness and acidity properly in beverages generally gives the best sensory experience, it doesn't have to be HFCS though. But then sweetness either has calories or off notes from high intensity sweeteners.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Whooping Crabs posted:

Same. They usually go on sale pretty quickly after the holidays too. I think last year you could get them for like 75% off.

bucksmash
Mar 11, 2002

The church doors are still closed past opening at the Tukwila WA location and the parishioners are getting restless, why hast thou forsaken us

(I looked and I don't see any special hours for today? Maybe they're understaffed or preparing for the overflowing parking lot cause of the Easter closure tomorrow)

as I posted this they just opened, it's insane here if you need to go today go ASAP, it's just going to get worse

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Best time to go to Costco is always 30-60 minutes before close.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

Psion posted:

Instant Pots say they can slow cook but the lack of the ceramic insert real slow cookers have is kind of a problem, so if they do weird poo poo that's probably why. hopefully it works out for you though

It’s not the pressure cooker. It’s an actual slow cooker with an enameled cast iron insert instead of a ceramic one.

Worked out pretty well on the first go. Put a nice sear on some short ribs then let ‘em go for a few hours and it was lovely. $50 was a steal.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

I appreciate that (at least my) Costco uses cashmere brand toilet paper in the bathrooms instead of the typical 2 ply bullshit most places would punish my rear end in a top hat with

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

bucksmash posted:

The church doors are still closed past opening at the Tukwila WA location and the parishioners are getting restless, why hast thou forsaken us

(I looked and I don't see any special hours for today? Maybe they're understaffed or preparing for the overflowing parking lot cause of the Easter closure tomorrow)

as I posted this they just opened, it's insane here if you need to go today go ASAP, it's just going to get worse

I went to the Issaquah location a couple weeks ago and they were open 30 minutes before normal hours, with no mention on the website or on the sign at the store.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
I've had that happen a couple times when i've gone there early for something. I've also had the opposite of, it's 20 minutes till close and some guy is pushing me towards the front of the store. He came from the back area, the employee area, which is also near where the water and stuff is stored (in my store at least, not sure how it works at other churches) and started shuffling everyone out of that area. He even had his arms outstreched, blocking people from passing. I had to negotiate with him for him to let me go grab some water.

I haven't seen him since, so i'm guessing he got enough complaints to get removed, but I can't be sure. It was really weird. I'm all about not keeping employees past when the store should be closed, and i'm guessing he thought i'd take my time and only finish shopping when it was 15 past closing. But nah, I just need that water and was gonna grab coffee on my way out.

The Costco subreddit can be interesting sometimes, because you get a sense for how entirely different some stores are. They each have their own identity, usually based on who is managing it.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

Enos Cabell posted:

Wish I wasn't so drat tall, I've never seen California King sheets at Costco.

The ones near me always get California King in, but in limited stock and it's always the first to go. The normal "full selection -> ugly colors only -> nothing" progression runs in hyperspeed for Cal King; if you're not there within 3-4 days of the pallets going out, you're getting skunked.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Jingleheimer posted:

Unless Costco wants to invest in having their own delivery services I don't see the problem changing anytime soon.

In 2020 Costco bought out the old Sears delivery company for a billion dollars, so they are slowly working on it. My guess is that they were so completely dysfunctional that it's taking them a lot longer than expected to properly integrate them and have them acting like Costco instead of like Sears.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Tried out those almond flour tortillas that were on sale. They taste fine but the texture is pretty meh, just inferior to a regular tortilla. I guess if you can't eat regular ones these would be fine though.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

How’d you heat them up? I found tossing them in a pan or over a fire inferior to steaming or even just throwing the tortillas in a microwave for a few seconds.

Overall though my review is that I think my wife bought these things as a polite way of telling me fatty slow down.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

It's pretty disappointing to see how bad Costco logistics can be. Can't request a general time window for delivery. They can't give a time window until the night before delivery. And then can't do anything once they give it to you. Need to reschedule because the timeframe they gave you doesn't work? You still can't change the window of the rescheduled delivery.

So they gave me a time window before my building's loading dock and freight elevator is open for use, and can only tell me to reschedule to a different day, when it's likely I'll still have the same issue. They won't give me a way to contact the delivery team to coordinate, and they say they can't coordinate it for me.

Costcos e-commerce sucks rear end . I've tried it three times and thrice needed to call and get it sorted out

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Dick Fontaine posted:

How’d you heat them up? I found tossing them in a pan or over a fire inferior to steaming or even just throwing the tortillas in a microwave for a few seconds.

Overall though my review is that I think my wife bought these things as a polite way of telling me fatty slow down.

I put them in the pan. I can try a different way next time

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Pan-toasted is the way for flour.

Also acceptable for corn if you can't do the burner hack

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

FilthyImp posted:

I go wild and throw them directly on the grill for a bit :getin:

Involuntary Sparkle
Aug 12, 2004

I am blessedly on Costco TikTok and just found this one about Costco in the 80s, PBUC

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTR3LL69T/

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

I am blessedly on Costco TikTok and just found this one about Costco in the 80s, PBUC

How did we survive with such tiny TVs?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i remember when our local costco used to be price club

idk if they had hot dogs or pizza

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

FilthyImp posted:

For some reason getting older has made me think a lot more about this kind of poo poo. This is a great hack. The poo poo that brings you joy as you age, man.

An equally good one is steaming leftover pizza that's been in the fridge with water in a pan and a lid on, then taking the lid off and finishing the bottom. This produces a leftover slice that is almost better than the fresh pizza. It's ridiculous.

(not that this is some hidden art, but I've been surprised a lot by people who just toss leftover pizza in the microwave or eat it cold)

e:

Alan Smithee posted:

i remember when our local costco used to be price club

idk if they had hot dogs or pizza

I'm not quite old enough for Price Club but my mom was part of the OG business card crew where they would let you in a full hour early, and have a full spread with breakfast muffins, danishes, and coffee for you to grab and enjoy a quick meal while you shopped. That was basically magical to me as a kid, and really brings home how lovely everything is now. We went from free breakfast to not even being adult enough to - apparently - have onions.

If given the opportunity I would battle the shareholders in recklessly violent thunderdome-style combat. Bring back the goodies, you loving cowards.

Taima fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Apr 10, 2023

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I remember Price Club :getin:

the old Price Club was the warehouse of the drug factory where I used to work, too

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

fellow parents: how are the kirkland doo doo rear end wipes

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

fellow parents: how are the kirkland doo doo rear end wipes

Great. We've used them almost exclusively with two kids. No terrible smell, hold up well, and are soft enough.

The diapers are great too, assuming they fit your kid's butt profile. Also fine for us, but I'm sure not fine for others. There was some brand we used with my son that basically just never fit him right and always leaked. Basically no issue with kirkland unless they were chugging the entire water bottle before bedtime.

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

Alarbus posted:

Great. We've used them almost exclusively with two kids. No terrible smell, hold up well, and are soft enough.

The diapers are great too, assuming they fit your kid's butt profile. Also fine for us, but I'm sure not fine for others. There was some brand we used with my son that basically just never fit him right and always leaked. Basically no issue with kirkland unless they were chugging the entire water bottle before bedtime.

thanks for your insights.

we found the Kirkland diapers p good, but the Huggies (with two g's) Plus(TM) to be even better at preventing overnight blowouts and such

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

Oh ffs

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Man I remember my parents dragging me to Price Club as a kid once a month. It was a 30 minute car ride to the closest one and it was a whole family trip because we'd always have two carts full of stuff and my parents needed the extra hands to help push the carts. I hated food shopping and the Churro or whatever was never worth it. Final bill usually ran them around $400.

Now as an adult, I still hate food shopping, the Churro still isn't worth it, and I pack out a single cart which runs me about $600.

Decedent
Dec 20, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Blessed sacrament of A2 milk has returned!
I’ve gone without since mid December… still no Kirkland session IPA though.

A Passing Feeling
Mar 18, 2009

Who was the big dweeb that kept talking about winix air purifiers and how good they are

I bought one and you were right it's really great

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

A Passing Feeling posted:

Who was the big dweeb that kept talking about winix air purifiers and how good they are

I bought one and you were right it's really great

Get a load of this bougie scum who's too good for duct taped box fan contraptions that are 3x the size!

we've got two to handle a house full of pets, and they work well enough that our allergic friends and family no longer have any issues when visiting

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Enos Cabell posted:

Get a load of this bougie scum who's too good for duct taped box fan contraptions that are 3x the size!

we've got two to handle a house full of pets, and they work well enough that our allergic friends and family no longer have any issues when visiting

That rules.

After the last discussion I put a filter on an old box fan that runs in the basement 15m of every hour to keep the dust down in there. So far no complaints. I might make it a whole actual thing but the filters were pretty expensive.

watchoutitsabear
Sep 8, 2011

Goth Odell Beckham posted:

thanks for your insights.

we found the Kirkland diapers p good, but the Huggies (with two g's) Plus(TM) to be even better at preventing overnight blowouts and such

Agreed, Huggies were better for smol baby butts, we used those and then switched to the Kirkland diapers somewhere around 6 months when nighttime poops became less frequent. Love the Kirkland wipes, their formula is great too and a fuckin' steal.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

costco sells diaper genie refills as well

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

$1.38
:grin:

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Wtf is that nonsense, mods?!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
mods please do the needful

esperantinc
May 5, 2003

JERRY! HELLO!

I have a membership to both for a reason.

Mostly for "where I am when I need gas", but hey kraut on a dog is a bonus too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

esperantinc posted:

I have a membership to both for a reason.

Mostly for "where I am when I need gas", but hey kraut on a dog is a bonus too.

I only go to Sam's because it's 5 minutes away instead of 30, I just thought it was funny that they have onions and kraut.

First dog I've ever had there but it was actually quite large and tasty.

I mostly just use the place for cheap gas or when I need a veggie tray or something to take to a bbq.

Wendigee fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Apr 11, 2023