Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

HonorableTB posted:

just look at it lol

look at this piece of poo poo lmao

it looks like a boonie hat and i cant unsee it

The units really stopped looking realistic from Red Alert 3 onward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Russia dumping its reserves of GaijinCoin on the War Thunder marketplace.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
object-279 not only looked like a ufo, but had 4 tracks

1000 hp engine with 0.6kg/cm2 ground pressure

and a 319mm turret/269mm hull covered by magic soviet space armor and heat traps

thats it, theres no punchline.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
If I had even basic skills with photoshop I'd paste the hull and turret onto the I Want To Believe poster.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

You could put that on the cover of a science fiction novel as-is. It'd make a great early-model Bolo.

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011

shadow puppet of a posted:

Let history show that this was day one of the future PATO alliance.

TATO
OTAT

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
NATO Legends 1 & 2 on the ps2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGbkLG1b8WA&t=1768s

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

HonorableTB posted:

and a 319mm turret/269mm hull covered by magic soviet space armor and heat traps

hopkin green tank

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

We joked about then raiding the museums but loving lol

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

HonorableTB posted:

balloon explosion

sending F-22s to Ukraine is paying off

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

HonorableTB posted:

it was nigh impenetrable to anything in its era and had a really good gun. But it was pretty blatantly flawed in other important ways.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://www.ukrinform.net/rubric-polytics/3694089-us-at-un-debunks-russian-fakes-on-export-of-weapons-in-ukraine.html

quote:

The United States has debunked attempts by the Russian delegation to spread false narratives about alleged violations of international treaties by countries that provide Ukraine with defense equipment amid Russian aggression.
According to an Ukrinform correspondent, Ambassador Robert Wood, Alternate Representative for Special Political Affairs at the U.S. Mission to the UN, said this in his remarks at a UN Security Council open debate on arms export violations on Monday.

"We must not pretend that the conflict in Ukraine is a matter of weapons export systems. Ukraine was invaded, and it has every right to defend itself – this is reflected in the UN Charter – and the international community has every right to continue its longstanding support to Ukraine's defense," he said.

He continued that the Government of Ukraine has committed to appropriately safeguarding and accounting for transferred defense equipment and formed a commission in 2022 to strengthen the monitoring of donated military equipment just this summer. Russia, on the other hand, has never let facts interfere with its false narratives.

"In a blatant effort to discredit Ukraine and weaken international support for Ukraine's self-defense, Russia continues to spread disinformation about diversions," Wood said.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Disco Pope posted:

Poutine is a curd.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1645513222609403913
Ironically, now you will have the most backward military in Europe again after Ukraine is done with you.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Sashimi posted:

If I had even basic skills with photoshop I'd paste the hull and turret onto the I Want To Believe poster.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
It just dawned on me that Russia's plan is to hold out till the west(USA) runs out of money to give Ukraine. Apparently, they forgot how they lost the Cold War.

Sashimi
Dec 26, 2008

College Slice
Its beautiful, you're beautiful.

Neodymium
Jun 23, 2012

Lammasu posted:

It just dawned on me that Russia's plan is to hold out till the west(USA) runs out of money to give Ukraine. Apparently, they forgot how they lost the Cold War.

I'd argue that their plan is less "hold out until US runs out of money/supplies" and more "hold out until US elections where they hope the winners will cut off Ukraine's money/supplies because Hunter Biden's Laptop", but that may be a distinction without a difference.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Neodymium posted:

I'd argue that their plan is less "hold out until US runs out of money/supplies" and more "hold out until US elections where they hope the winners will cut off Ukraine's money/supplies because Hunter Biden's Laptop", but that may be a distinction without a difference.

:agreed:
I would argue plan A was to reelect Cheeto in 2020 and plan C* is to hold until 2024.
*Plan B was saying blyat we're going in anyways

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Vakal posted:

That poor concrete floor.

lol It's destroying concrete just by existing.

free hubcaps posted:

hopkin green tank

LOL

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
regarding that tank....

made me think of this

Its anime

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGTZLuuTPi8

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

The next presidential election is 18 months away though, can they really stagger on that long? I mean what equipment are they going to have left by the end of this summer. Plus they've managed to keep their economy staggering on so far, but the sanctions and the lack of vital imported tech and equipment are also going to reach a tipping point. November 24 seems an awful long way away from their perspective.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Deptfordx posted:

The next presidential election is 18 months away though, can they really stagger on that long? I mean what equipment are they going to have left by the end of this summer. Plus they've managed to keep their economy staggering on so far, but the sanctions and the lack of vital imported tech and equipment are also going to reach a tipping point. November 24 seems an awful long way away from their perspective.

According to terrorist Girkin, they don't have that long. By the second anniversary of the war, they'll basically have lost almost all their modern equipment, and since Pooh Bear told Putler to get bent, nobody will give them any heavy weapons to replace that which will be almost entirely lost.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
The sanctions are also gonna increase or at least the way they are upheld, you can read bits here and there about shell companies being busted.
One of the Swiss private banks got hit last week and I think they decided to stop doing any business with anything Russian now because they claim they got deceived.

So expect Russia's economy to get much worse over time as sanctions get tighter and tighter.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1645682925818486785
Better to not be able to drive cars, and living alive in an apartment building than ending up lifeless in some Ukrainian field or village.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Ups_rail posted:

regarding that tank....

made me think of this

I already posted Ukraine's countermeasure in the last thread (probably :nws:):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be9VlfYdmvk

Zero VGS fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Apr 11, 2023

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

that's a tank fuckling

evilbastard
Mar 6, 2003

Hair Elf

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1645682925818486785
Better to not be able to drive cars, and living alive in an apartment building than ending up lifeless in some Ukrainian field or village.

They missed a great opportunity here, all they had to do was make it so they couldn't vote.

Just this one change, and all those endless Usenet arguments about if Robert Heinlein's Terran Federation from Starship Troopers was really stable could finally have an answer.
(Does Sircar's Corollary to Godwin's Law apply if the whole thing started with one side calling the other Nazis ?)

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

We joked about then raiding the museums but loving lol

As fun as that would be, it's probably just a museum restoration (or for a parade, but good luck taking that monster down a street without wrecking it).

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Rolling that thing down the red square would be a pretty apt demonstration of russian strength.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

It's all part of Putin's masterplan for his defence of Moscow; the Obj. 279 will drive around on parade, digging trenches into the road along the way, all around the Kremlin.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
The super tank with 5-way controls: forward, backward, left, right, and down.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

HonorableTB posted:

Da Vinci tank looking rear end

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Tatarigami_UA/status/1645651237415575553
Tatarigami posted a new thread on the Russian defense lines and how they're usually organized. His assessment stands that the first proper breach might be difficult depending on how things go, but once that's done, things will become much easier.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1645625562491154435

:stare:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1645760797753081857
:siren:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

That loving dickhead Solovyov yet again describing "the West" as "pure Satanism" without giving any examples whatsoever got a lol out of me. You just know he's still pining for his holiday home in Italy.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Yes surplus F-22s lets gooooo

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
It seems that lately the RU propagandists are trying to tell people that there is no danger of mobilization and they don't have to worry*. Meanwhile Russian lawmakers are steamrolling through reforms to draft/conscription summons. If I lived in Russia, that would make me worried that a second round of mobilisation is going to start very soon.

*applies only to propagandists' offspring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1645768003244392451
Verkhovna Rada approved a measure that exempts owners of property damaged in the war from property taxes.

https://twitter.com/ChrisO_wiki/status/1643558774857162752
Chris_O with a short thread that shows that Wagner are openly posting flyers in cities, among other methods of advertisement, looking for recruits. They accept everyone, not just recruits with military experience.