Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Titles, Synopses, Voice Cast for Visions Vol 2

“Sith” by El Guiri
“Screecher’s Reach” by Cartoon Saloon
“In the Stars” by Punkrobot
“I Am Your Mother” by Aardman
“Journey to the Dark Head” by Studio Mir
“The Spy Dancer” by Studio La Cachette
“The Bandits of Golak” by 88 Pictures
“The Pit” by D’Art Shtajio and Lucasfilm Ltd.
“Aau’s Song” by Trigger Fish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I am so excited for the Aardman short. I love stop motion and it looked really cute already. The others all just look like the absolute sickest animation styles possible so I'm just going to let them wash over me on May 4.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Seems like there are 4, possibly 5, Force relevant episodes. That's just going off the short synopsis and characters. That's not too bad, I guess.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Jerkface posted:

I am so excited for the Aardman short. I love stop motion and it looked really cute already. The others all just look like the absolute sickest animation styles possible so I'm just going to let them wash over me on May 4.

I'm really excited for the Aardman short, just out of pure curiosity to see what they do with the subject matter.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Doctor Spaceman posted:

I wonder if whatever happens at the end of S3 of Bad Batch is what leads to Rex, Gregor and Wolffe retiring together.

Omega is obviously not going to die too.

I'm assuming they're going to work Oldmega into an upcoming movie or the sequel era somehow now that they've announced doing a sequel era flick.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Neo Rasa posted:

I'm assuming they're going to work Oldmega into an upcoming movie or the sequel era somehow now that they've announced doing a sequel era flick.

I really thought Oldmega was gonna show up in Boba. The fact that Boba didn't really tie in anywhere (except Mandalorian) made me think they arent planning these out as well as I thought initially.

There is a teaser for bad batch S3 (quality is really bad and mostly obscured) but pretty sure I see fennec back, as i think thats her helmet at one point

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ShowTime posted:

Also, because of the length of the episodes, that kind of theme lends itself to grabbing attention fast. Wanna get someone interested, fast? Have them activate their lightsaber or do some space magic.

Interesting to compare with how Star Wars first started, which grabbed the audience's attention with space ships and lasers.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Jerkface posted:

I really thought Oldmega was gonna show up in Boba. The fact that Boba didn't really tie in anywhere (except Mandalorian) made me think they arent planning these out as well as I thought initially.

Everything about Boba was such wasted potential. I know the general consensus here is that Kenobi was really bad but I like, enjoyed it fine and while the execution was bad in quite a few ways it knew what it was going for? I prefer it way over Boba the more I think about what a rushed busted production Boba clearly was on so many levels.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Quixotic1 posted:

I'm kind fretting that Visions Vol.2 is still so lightsaber/Jedi focused.

Looking at the list of shorts, it actually appears to be a bit more diverse than the previous volume as far as narrative goes.

quote:

“Sith” by El Guiri

A former Sith apprentice, leading a peaceful, but isolated life, is confronted by the past when her old master tracks her down.

A young girl, seeking reprieve from her days in a rural workhouse, discovers a legendary haunted cave with her friends. The cave’s dark pull will change the trajectory of her life forever.

Two sisters, the last of their kind who live in hiding on their ravaged land, squabble about how to survive with the Empire encroaching. On a water run, the sisters must fight back when they are discovered.

Young pilot Anni, who is embarrassed by her sweet, but clingy mum, must team with her for a madcap family race at the academy. Along the way, their relationship is tested by the elements, their old ship, other racers...and each other!

"Journey to the Dark Head” by Studio Mir

A hopeful mechanic and disillusioned young Jedi team up for a risky and unlikely quest to turn the tide of the galactic war, but dark forces tail them.

The premier dancer at a famous, Imperial-frequented cabaret uses her unique skill-set to spy for the Rebellion, but the presence of a mysterious officer threatens to derail her mission.

Fleeing from their village by train and pursued by ferocious Imperial forces, a boy and his force-sensitive younger sister seek refuge in a vibrant and dangerous dhaba.

A fearless young prisoner, forced to dig for kyber by the Empire, plans a risky escape for he and his people.

An alien child who longs to sing is raised by her loving, but stern father to stay quiet because of the calamitous effect her voice has on the crystals in the nearby mines.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I totally get why everyone wants to do Jedi stories. But I just want space cowboys. Hell, Mando used to be the space cowboy show. When was the last time they even did one of those?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I hope it works out like Rebels where it just kinda inferred "They were elsewhere/just off-screen at the time" throughout the OT like with the Ghost crew.

Was that not an Omicron-class shuttle turning up in the Ahsoka trailer?

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Larryb posted:

Yeah, I sort of doubt they’re going to kill off the entire crew or anything (hell, I’m still not convinced that Tech is dead at this point)

He's obviously alive: His voice actor is confirmed to return for the next season.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Vinylshadow posted:

Titles, Synopses, Voice Cast for Visions Vol 2

“Sith” by El Guiri
“Journey to the Dark Head” by Studio Mir

Angelica Houston!

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Dave Syndrome posted:

He's obviously alive: His voice actor is confirmed to return for the next season.

regular ghost or force ghost?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Lobok posted:

Interesting to compare with how Star Wars first started, which grabbed the audience's attention with space ships and lasers.

Well, yea, but that was decades ago, but more importantly, a movie format. These are 20 minutes or whatever. If it was a series of interlinking episodes, like other Star Wars series, yea they don't really grab your interest immediately because they are telling a story over hours and hours.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

regular ghost or force ghost?

Clone: Teech.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Vinylshadow posted:

Visions Volume 2

More Jedi/Sith, which...eh, but drat, those animation styles are beyond gorgeous

Claymation Twilek kid and Wookie may well be the cutest things I've ever seen.

edit : Wow, it's actually Aardman Animations? Now I'm even more interested in seeing it.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Apr 10, 2023

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ShowTime posted:

Well, yea, but that was decades ago, but more importantly, a movie format. These are 20 minutes or whatever. If it was a series of interlinking episodes, like other Star Wars series, yea they don't really grab your interest immediately because they are telling a story over hours and hours.

This shot was not for grabbing interest?

Lightsabers and Force powers are definitely super popular but there's every reason to believe that short stories (or the advertisements for short stories) can catch people's attention with dogfights and ship battles.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
^^^ There's that fan made anime of TIE pilots which was pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU&t=1s

feedmyleg posted:

I totally get why everyone wants to do Jedi stories. But I just want space cowboys. Hell, Mando used to be the space cowboy show. When was the last time they even did one of those?

I miss those episodes, too.

But Bo and Dinn as Space Detectives really scratched an itch.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

https://twitter.com/StarWars_Direct/status/1645448577370451969?s=20

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
That's pretty dope. I'd go to that one as part of a bigger trip to Japan. Depending on what region/city it's being held in, you could potentially make it in time to see the cherry blossoms. And you know it's gonna be a big one because 2025 is when the next movie is supposed to be released.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otoDnun24zM

Its gonna be really hosed up when this takes a dark turn in the second half. Nubs is gonna die. It will be the most powerful episode of animated star wars in existence.

JK this looks like actual straight up kid show

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
LOL, yeah.

I love people online who are like "Oh man they are gonna make this show lead into Anakin killing them teehee" when that show is a) firmly for little kids and b) set in the High Republic so like 100 some odd years before Anakin was even born.

Also neat that they got Frank Oz back to do Yoda for the show, but I guess they can't use Tom Kane after his stroke forced him to retire :(

TheBigBudgetSequel fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 10, 2023

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Anakin will use the lothal temple time gate just to go back and kill these kids

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The bad guys in the high republic seem like they have means/motive/opportunity to kill some jedi kids anyway. So you can always hold out hope

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

stev posted:

No lightsabers? What is this, The Expanse?

Now I want to split the difference and have Mandalorian Bobbie and Sith Lord Amos.

Not because he's amoral, but there's pretty clear Force rules and there's no way he could say on the light side with all the choking and lightning.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Jerkface posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSXqU92cymY

oh hell yea

edit: this makes me salivate at the thought of a tales of the Jedi adaptation by fortiche using the arcane artstyle

gently caress yeah, this looks great. Think they shoulda held off on that red blade ignition from that one lady force user though. Woulda been a neat reveal.

sad question
May 30, 2020

When blonde sith turned up in Ahsoka trailer I briefly thought it was Lana from SWTOR and got really confused

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
I could see doing a series or animated thing about a TIE pilot. From their time in the Imperial Academy to fighting pirates to the full on rebellion. Maybe some internal imperial poo poo with some Admiral trying to cause all sorts of harvok. You'd probably need to thrown in some secret Emperor's Order poo poo or something to keep people engaged since they've gotta have something Jedi/Sith adjacent.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

J33uk posted:

I could see doing a series or animated thing about a TIE pilot. From their time in the Imperial Academy to fighting pirates to the full on rebellion. Maybe some internal imperial poo poo with some Admiral trying to cause all sorts of harvok. You'd probably need to thrown in some secret Emperor's Order poo poo or something to keep people engaged since they've gotta have something Jedi/Sith adjacent.

Yes

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

The empire are the bad guys though. And too many people already seem to forget this without shows portraying them as the "heroes".

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The empire are the bad guys though. And too many people already seem to forget this without shows portraying them as the "heroes".

True, I wouldn't want to give a missile boat full of ammo for those people to SLAM into the rest of the internet with. Maybe a show about a family of intergalactic traders being pulled into the GCW? Having to pick sides etc and then eventually joining up with our X-Wing loving alliance? They could try and help the rebellion gain supremacy (shout out to the UK and Ireland crowd).

J33uk fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Apr 10, 2023

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

J33uk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9GRYa_3gno

As always, Disney, give me Wraith Squadron, you bastards!

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Honestly at this point Disney should just do all of the Stackpole and Allston X-Wing books, gently caress it

J33uk posted:

True, I wouldn't want to give a missile boat full of ammo for those people to SLAM into the rest of the internet with. Maybe a show about a family of intergalactic traders being pulled into the GCW? Having to pick sides etc and then eventually joining up with our X-Wing loving alliance? They could try and help the rebellion gain supremacy (shout out to the UK and Ireland crowd).

Otana > Millennium Falcon > Outrider

I will not be taking questions

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Vinylshadow posted:

These folks did Wolfwalkers a couple years ago which was pretty cool

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Apologies if I've already said this here, but I was once alone in an elevator at a con with somebody in a stormtrooper outfit and since I'm very visibly one of the biggest targets of actual Nazis, I loving hate that I have to ask myself if the space Nazi next to me just likes Star Wars, or if he's taking the opportunity to acceptably fly his fash flag, and the answer will only ever come if it's the latter. It's scary.

In thew movies, making Hux and basically everybody but Vader and Ren, who get redeemed, into a giant loving goober loser fuckface dork chud or a stuffy bureaucrat is exactly how they should be portraying the Empire and First Order and the shows giving us awesome nazis is loving dangerous.

Please stop making the Nazis badass, Gisnep.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/mingna/status/1645563503967887360?s=46&t=GxZoSKgPzb_-zyUnvLFKvg

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

J33uk posted:

You'd need to run this by the stool pigeons at Disney first and they don't play well with others.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Tech will be back with a cool robot arm and bangs, next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Next Mando episode starts with a proper Shadow Council Mofference. I'm so excited. :allears: