Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
lmao elon is going to sue taibbi for being a paid substack spy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Piell posted:

LMAO, Musk posts messages between himself and Matt Taibbi and deleted them like shortly after

*pinches bridge of nose*
Matt, subscribers are not employers they are patrons.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

the way Matt is texting there really makes me feel like he is an employee of substack and is just lying about it or something lol. like why is he being so squirrely about it

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Rorobb posted:

the way Matt is texting there really makes me feel like he is an employee of substack and is just lying about it or something lol. like why is he being so squirrely about it

it's because they paid him an advance and he knows musk will treat that as employment

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
elon's right
https://twitter.com/pahwa_nitish/status/1645551459830833153?cxt=HHwWgoC97bGVltYtAAAA
(this information is publicly available due to corporate disclosure statements that the company had to file as part of a lawsuit being brought against it by laura loomer lol)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

500 good dogs posted:

lmao elon is going to sue taibbi for being a paid substack spy

he is within his rights to sue him

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Apraxin posted:

(this information is publicly available due to corporate disclosure statements that the company had to file as part of a lawsuit being brought against it by laura loomer lol)

lmao

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Suing your employees: always a sign of a strong and stable company.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Taibbi joined substack months before Elon bought twitter, and it was no secret at all. Even the most cursory google search would have shown it.

I thought this Musk character was supposed to be one of the smartest people in history?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

X, the holdings corporation

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

It’s hard to know what to make of Musk’s transformation of Twitter into X Corp. (When asked for comment, Twitter responded with a poop emoji, as is its recent custom.) Elon Musk, who owns Twitter as well as X Holdings Corp., has not yet revealed this merger to the public. But it appears to have been on his mind since he first plotted his purchase of the social media company. In April 2022, Musk registered X Holdings I, II, and III in Delaware, three separate companies designed to facilitate his purchase of Twitter. According to that deal, Twitter would merge with X Holdings II, but keep its name and general corporate structure while continuing to operate under Delaware law. X Holdings I, controlled by Musk, would then serve as the merged entity’s parent company, while X Holdings III would take on the $13 million loan that a group of big banks provided Musk to help cover the $44 billion purchase. (According to Twitter’s demands in its litigation against Musk, X Holdings I would be intended “solely for the purpose of engaging in, and arranging financing for, the transactions.”)

Here’s where things get interesting. As the merger agreement stated, X Holdings II would cease to exist as a functioning entity after merging with Twitter. So the official structure after Musk’s takeover was: X Holdings I oversees Twitter Inc., while X Holdings III handles the cash. The Nevada filings show this exact arrangement is no longer in effect.

According to the Nevada secretary of state’s online business portal, Elon Musk registered two new businesses in the state on March 9: X Holdings Corp., and X Corp. Then, on March 15, Musk applied to merge those Nevada businesses with two of his existing companies: X Holdings I with X Holdings Corp., and Twitter Inc. with X Corp. In the latter’s case, the articles of the merger mandate that X Corp. fully acquire Twitter—meaning that, for all intents and purposes, “Twitter Inc.” no longer exists as a Delaware-based company. Now it’s part of X Corp., whose parent company is the $2 million X Holdings Corp. And that means X Holdings I no longer exists, either. Both X Holdings Corp. and X Corp. now fall under Nevada’s jurisdiction instead of Delaware’s. (It seems an anonymous SPAC-trader tracker first broke this news.)

Missing Donut
Apr 24, 2003

Trying to lead a middle-aged life. Well, it's either that or drop dead.

Apraxin posted:

elon's right
https://twitter.com/pahwa_nitish/status/1645551459830833153?cxt=HHwWgoC97bGVltYtAAAA

I guess that’s one way to not lose in the Delaware chancery court

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
:qq:
https://twitter.com/stillgray/status/1643710868360929284?t=WyiFEjgCQR1RqK7ezJbAqA&s=19

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

:sickos:

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
musk: i have kept my word and will step down as ceo of twitter
...because i'm now ceo of X! :troll:

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Apraxin posted:

elon's right

Was all this just to revive his first crappy website?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Where da musk?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Mola Yam posted:

musk: i have kept my word and will step down as ceo of twitter
...because i'm now ceo of X! :troll:

he is actually going to do this, isn't he? troll face and all.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I do think he uses one word answers so everyone can call him dumb as gently caress https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1645586194036850689?s=12

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Apraxin posted:

elon's right

ok we did it boys, must has officially destroyed twitter

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1645565105256513540?t=VVl_OgRogukEY980Bf2aFA&s=19

DirtyRobot
Dec 15, 2003

it was a normally happy sunny day... but Dirty Robot was dirty
the only people I’ve ever seen reference the “olden times” are particularly dumb students who can’t distinguish any historical period before the mid nineteenth century

FlyingKipper
May 11, 2005

Is there a descendent of Goebbels hanging around anywhere?

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

DirtyRobot posted:

the only people I’ve ever seen reference the “olden times” are particularly dumb students who can’t distinguish any historical period before the mid nineteenth century

I once referred to my mother's family photos from when she was a kid as "the olden times". she laughed a little but clearly wasn't amused

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

FlyingKipper posted:

lol

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Piell posted:

LMAO, Musk posts messages between himself and Matt Taibbi and deleted them shortly after

"no this shouldn't be happening"

weird that this very specific thing happens to just matt right after your falling out.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

FlyingKipper posted:

Boerbbels

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

shyduck posted:

It’s hard to know what to make of Musk’s transformation of Twitter into X Corp. (When asked for comment, Twitter responded with a poop emoji, as is its recent custom.) Elon Musk, who owns Twitter as well as X Holdings Corp., has not yet revealed this merger to the public. But it appears to have been on his mind since he first plotted his purchase of the social media company. In April 2022, Musk registered X Holdings I, II, and III in Delaware, three separate companies designed to facilitate his purchase of Twitter. According to that deal, Twitter would merge with X Holdings II, but keep its name and general corporate structure while continuing to operate under Delaware law. X Holdings I, controlled by Musk, would then serve as the merged entity’s parent company, while X Holdings III would take on the $13 million loan that a group of big banks provided Musk to help cover the $44 billion purchase. (According to Twitter’s demands in its litigation against Musk, X Holdings I would be intended “solely for the purpose of engaging in, and arranging financing for, the transactions.”)

Here’s where things get interesting. As the merger agreement stated, X Holdings II would cease to exist as a functioning entity after merging with Twitter. So the official structure after Musk’s takeover was: X Holdings I oversees Twitter Inc., while X Holdings III handles the cash. The Nevada filings show this exact arrangement is no longer in effect.

According to the Nevada secretary of state’s online business portal, Elon Musk registered two new businesses in the state on March 9: X Holdings Corp., and X Corp. Then, on March 15, Musk applied to merge those Nevada businesses with two of his existing companies: X Holdings I with X Holdings Corp., and Twitter Inc. with X Corp. In the latter’s case, the articles of the merger mandate that X Corp. fully acquire Twitter—meaning that, for all intents and purposes, “Twitter Inc.” no longer exists as a Delaware-based company. Now it’s part of X Corp., whose parent company is the $2 million X Holdings Corp. And that means X Holdings I no longer exists, either. Both X Holdings Corp. and X Corp. now fall under Nevada’s jurisdiction instead of Delaware’s. (It seems an anonymous SPAC-trader tracker first broke this news.)

financial witchcraft, burn them all at the stake

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2TV4lupHME

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

This is our son, X Holdings III

Mr. Sharps
Jul 30, 2006

The only true law is that which leads to freedom. There is no other.

when I close my eyes, I see Delaware aflame

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
isn't his child called "x" now

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Sounds like a pokemon

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Al! posted:

isn't his child called "x" now

You're thinking of Y

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

shyduck posted:

Is this another chat-gpt post? I can't trust multiparagraph posts anymore

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Just a Moron posted:

Is this another chat-gpt post? I can't trust multiparagraph posts anymore

no thats part of the article from slate

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

This is a thing a baby says when he’s playing house and talking on a fisher price phone

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

That DICK! posted:

This is a thing a baby says when he’s playing house and talking on a fisher price phone

you mean the phone from skinamarink

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

spanky the dolphin posted:

You're thinking of Y

Y, the last Musk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Piell posted:

LMAO, Musk posts messages between himself and Matt Taibbi and deleted them shortly after

not that i'm complaining, but...WHY did he post these? :psyduck: