Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Pooky
Aug 29, 2004

I post fox news so u don't have to 💋
X Corp lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Elon randomly bursting into laughter multiple times throughout the day because he concocted this epic "deez nutz" joke, only waiting for the woke media to clumsily shamble into his masterfully crafted trap.

When asked what is so funny, he just mumbles "Oh, nothing" between manic giggles, "nothing at all". He then wipes tears of laughter from his malformed cheeks while whispering "epic" under his breath.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/BigTechAlert/status/1645614410138828803?t=lczdrtVvxE6OdNOtDJ4Kqg&s=19

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

:sickos:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

mcbexx posted:

Elon randomly bursting into laughter multiple times throughout the day because he concocted this epic "deez nutz" joke, only waiting for the woke media to clumsily shamble into his masterfully crafted trap.

When asked what is so funny, he just mumbles "Oh, nothing" between manic giggles, "nothing at all". He then wipes tears of laughter from his malformed cheeks while whispering "epic" under his breath.

https://twitter.com/Xenos_RIFS/status/1645331517500186624

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

i hope he finds his cherished teddybear, boerbo

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Musk got bored of the Twitter Files and is now moving on to how the undesirables must be purged from San Fransisco for the Tech Singularity Utopia to happen

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Mr Interweb posted:

not that i'm complaining, but...WHY did he

because he is an attention whore hopped up on meth

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
The Shitter Files

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
elon obsessed about his x

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

What's X gonna give to me

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

X Holdings 42069 was right there

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Musk got bored of the Twitter Files and is now moving on to how the undesirables must be purged from San Fransisco for the Tech Singularity Utopia to happen

even musk was just not interested in the twitter files

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

it's all so stupid

https://slate.com/technology/2023/04/twitter-inc-x-corp-elon-musk-x-nevada.html

quote:

In April 2022, Musk registered X Holdings I, II, and III in Delaware, three separate companies designed to facilitate his purchase of Twitter. According to that deal, Twitter would merge with X Holdings II, but keep its name and general corporate structure while continuing to operate under Delaware law. X Holdings I, controlled by Musk, would then serve as the merged entity’s parent company, while X Holdings III would take on the $13 billion loan that a group of big banks provided Musk to help cover the $44 billion purchase. (According to Twitter’s demands in its litigation against Musk, X Holdings I would be intended “solely for the purpose of engaging in, and arranging financing for, the transactions.”)

Here’s where things get interesting. As the merger agreement stated, X Holdings II would cease to exist as a functioning entity after merging with Twitter. So the official structure after Musk’s takeover was: X Holdings I oversees Twitter Inc., while X Holdings III handles the cash. The Nevada filings show this exact arrangement is no longer in effect.

According to the Nevada secretary of state’s online business portal, Elon Musk registered two new businesses in the state on March 9: X Holdings Corp., and X Corp. Then, on March 15, Musk applied to merge those Nevada businesses with two of his existing companies: X Holdings I with X Holdings Corp., and Twitter Inc. with X Corp. In the latter’s case, the articles of the merger mandate that X Corp. fully acquire Twitter—meaning that, for all intents and purposes, “Twitter Inc.” no longer exists as a Delaware-based company. Now it’s part of X Corp., whose parent company is the $2 million X Holdings Corp. And that means X Holdings I no longer exists, either. Both X Holdings Corp. and X Corp. now fall under Nevada’s jurisdiction instead of Delaware’s.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Raiad posted:

even musk was just not interested in the twitter files

he didnt read any of them but the first one and thats debatable

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Delaware :argh:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
lol so he was just mad at that delaware judge for making him buy twitter?

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

Al! posted:

he didnt read any of them but the first one and thats debatable

hell, same

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

👀

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

aqua teen Carl nona this mattahs meme

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Fired

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lol at musk not understanding freelance journalism.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Mr Hootington posted:

Lol at musk not understanding freelance journalism.

I think he just doesn't understand working for a living.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its great how he has the emotional maturity of a teenager, always immediately unfollowing the people he has a fight with

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I'm actually serious about that. He doesn't think that anything might matter to people more than his dumb Twitter spats.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

ikanreed posted:

I think he just doesn't understand working for a living.

It does look like he thought because he gave taibbi and shelly access to Twitter data that they were his journalists now. Idk dude maybe pay people you thunk are your employees if you want pet journalists.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

to be fair neither taibbi nor shelly did much to disabuse him of that notion by, e.g. asking any inconvenient questions or trying to investigate things he didn’t want investigated. when bari weiss did he cut her loose.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Of course they didn't, they know the score. Weiss otoh is a hot house idiot

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

It does look like he thought because he gave taibbi and shelly access to Twitter data that they were his journalists now. Idk dude maybe pay people you thunk are your employees if you want pet journalists.

he really is trump without the ability to be intentionally funny in any way

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

this whole hissyfit makes what taibbi said on mehdi hasan's show about how he doesn't consider himself musk's employee all the funnier

cause apparently musk DID seem to think that! :lol:

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

Mr Hootington posted:

Why on earth would he when they're lining up to debase themselves for free for him?

Musk got everything he needed to get out of the twitter files, a momentary distraction from everything else he's loving up now that the money faucet is off. He never cared about the critique Taibbi thought he was developing (and clearly catering to Musk).

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

You get a msg from elon musk, hes bought the phone book and wants to give you exclusive access to do an expose on how there are hundreds of millions of people named Aaron a aaronson living in the United States wyd?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Oglethorpe posted:

Y, the last Musk

Press Y to pay respects

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

one of the dumber aspects of the Twitter Files that doesn't get as much mockery as it deserves is taibbi's pathetic and hilarious attempts to pretend musk wasn't his source. really, now? does matt think the twitter files were leaked without elon's knowledge? as opposed to, you know, personally giving permission to publish whatever juicy info his minions could find out about his enemies?

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

also, while i 'm pretty sure i know the answer, has that dipshit, greenwald said anything about musk censoring taibbi? :allears:

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Tabbi kept his mouth shut and went along with it when the person he was working with on the Twitter files garbage got unpersoned by Musk for saying banning journalists in a hissy fit goes against his claim of free speech on Twitter because SURELY Musk wouldn’t do that to me! and yet here we are :laffo:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Someone should tell him it'd be way more epic to ban taibbi

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

errol is such a great name for a guy who spawned these fuckwits

only an errol could produce such putrid children

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1645682382958399490?t=77X9kd2zFV4KLXov43bqsA&s=19