Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

anilEhilated posted:

The first series of Taskmaster NZ was pretty unremarkable but I'm watching the second one now and David Correios might be my favorite contestant throughout all the iterations.

Jeremy Wells is really boring though.

David is a giant ball of manic energy and is almost a bit much for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
Welp! 2 episodes in and all of Taskmaster Aus has been taken down from YouTube. I thought it was an official channel, I hope Taskmaster UK which has season 15 isn’t going to disappear

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

HAmbONE posted:

Welp! 2 episodes in and all of Taskmaster Aus has been taken down from YouTube. I thought it was an official channel, I hope Taskmaster UK which has season 15 isn’t going to disappear

Tom Gleeson put up a Tweet a few days ago listing it as the option for people outside Australia to watch the show, which he deleted today. :lol:

Melicious
Nov 18, 2005
Ugh, stop licking my hand, you horse's ass!

HAmbONE posted:

The only official Taskmaster channel is the UK one. Check your PMs though. :wink:

Edit: just realized you’re talking about the channel named “Taskmaster UK” rather than the UK channel called “Taskmaster.” The one you were talking about is definitely not official and it’s probably only a matter of time before it gets taken down, but there are other options.

Melicious fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Apr 11, 2023

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Kinda weird the official taskmaster streaming platform doesn’t have the New Zealand version but has foreign language ones.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
The whole Taskmaster streaming platform thing seems totally half-baked, it doesn't even get episodes of the new season apparently. It's always a bad idea to put out an inferior product for a show where the vast majority of the audience, by definition, started out pirating it.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Especially when they are still adding new seasons consistently to YouTube. They are most of the way through season 13 so only season 14 is not free.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Phigs posted:

I think S15 might be the best studio banter season so far. But Greg needs to settle down on the scoring shenanigans before he gives Alex a stroke.

I haven’t laughed as much in a while at the studio bants. This was a really great episode, and it’s shaping up to be a cracker of a season. :allears:

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

I haven’t laughed as much in a while at the studio bants. This was a really great episode, and it’s shaping up to be a cracker of a season. :allears:

I rewound and rewatched Kiell saying "Feet: weird innit? Like, what are they?" at least a dozen times before moving on

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I want a gif of Kiell sliding into view from the team task.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
This episode is amazing

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

The loving potato hat, I'm in tears

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

This episode had everything.

Watching Kiell's annoyance was as delicious as watching Ed Gamble's.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Touching a pen is touching anything and I'm furious.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

There’s a fantastic chaotic energy to this season I’m absolutely loving. Even Alex seems like he’s being extra silly.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The opening banter was :discourse:

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

The_Doctor posted:

There’s a fantastic chaotic energy to this season I’m absolutely loving. Even Alex seems like he’s being extra silly.

Alex having a go at Greg's scoring was very strong for him too. He almost seemed upset.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

"You may enter my fun palace" is the title of my TM slash fanfic.

Nervous energy Ivo is :crabcourse:

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

The opening banter was :discourse:

Phigs posted:

Alex having a go at Greg's scoring was very strong for him too. He almost seemed upset.

I hope Greg gives out some 9 pointers next episode :twisted:

HAmbONE
May 11, 2004

I know where the XBox is!!
Smellrose
So I’m guessing not even British audiences got to see Frankie’s art?

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

HAmbONE posted:

So I’m guessing not even British audiences got to see Frankie’s art?

It was completely blurred, yes, probably due to Disney/Marvels' attack lawyers taking a dim view of their characters being depicted in that way.

According to someone at the filming it was a drawing of Captain America with Wolverine on his knees before him, completely naked, and was discussed for a good 15 minutes, none of which made it to the final cut, which I suspect will happen to quite a lot more of Frankies' material in the next few episodes.

Jenny was fantastic this episode: her effervescent glee over the potato-hat task was just superbly silly, charming TV, Taskmaster at its' best.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Surprised they didn't discuss "same word" being a genius workaround that no one else did, or the fact that it was such a long word.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I hope one day to enjoy something as much as Jenny enjoyed the potato conveyor.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This season is off to a great start

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Meanwhile I’ve been watching series 13 as it’s being uploaded to the YouTube page and Judy snatching defeat from the jaws of victory with the live task in episode 9 :smith:

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

oh jay posted:

Touching a pen is touching anything and I'm furious.

Greg immediately dropped a spot in the rankings.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Tenebrais posted:

I hope one day to enjoy something as much as Jenny enjoyed the potato conveyor.

Three episodes in and Jenny's enthusiasm and energy is my retirement goal.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

I was worried that she was g9nna be a jo brand at first lol

Brigadier Sockface
Apr 1, 2007

Dongicus posted:

I was worried that she was g9nna be a jo brand at first lol

No that's Frankie

But seriously Kiell brings so much fun energy and Mae and Ivo are Mike Wozniak tier personalities and I am inspired to look into them

Brigadier Sockface fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Apr 14, 2023

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Some of them chose length in letters and others syllables so in theory you could also have written down 40 entirely random words as long as you made sure to write them narrower and narrower on the sheet.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

I wonder if that task had a "right" answer for the time keeping portion, even if it was one of Alex's silly gags like, use the first hourglass once, second twice, third three times, or something.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

She and Jo Brand were/are standups of a very similar ilk back in the 80s and 90s. Hardcore feminist comediennes who will tell you about their period. Jo still seems to be inhabiting that role, while Jenny has definitely softened and is just having a ball.

Lugubrious
Jul 2, 2004

oh jay posted:

I wonder if that task had a "right" answer for the time keeping portion, even if it was one of Alex's silly gags like, use the first hourglass once, second twice, third three times, or something.

I imagine it was meant to be using the mirror to see the clock on the roof of the caravan (with all the hourglasses and such inside just a distraction), it's just that Mae was unlucky enough to film on a rainy day that broke the clock.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The pure unbridled joy from Jenny in the potato hat task was really adorable, and I don't mind the rules were broken this one time. Also, Greg should have given Mae a pity point for the broken clock. That's really messed everything up for them, and was nobody's but the production team's fault.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Brigadier Sockface posted:

No that's Frankie

But seriously Kiell brings so much fun energy and Mae and Ivo are Mike Wozniak tier personalities and I am inspired to look into them

lol why are people in this thread mad about frankie out of curiosity

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Paladinus posted:

The pure unbridled joy from Jenny in the potato hat task was really adorable, and I don't mind the rules were broken this one time. Also, Greg should have given Mae a pity point for the broken clock. That's really messed everything up for them, and was nobody's but the production team's fault.

Didn't seem to hurt them that much on time though, they would have won if not for messing up the word lengths. I loved the moment when they said "oh that's how we pronounce it in Canada" and then the solid 10 or so seconds of frozen panic as they tried to work out in their head how they were going to make up a three syllable pronunciation of "humiliate" on the spot.

I feel like there probably wasn't really a trick to that task other than finding the clock, it seemed from Ivo's attempt that the hourglasses were all exactly one minute so you really just needed to grab one of them and keep flipping it when it ran out. I think it's kind of a classic "information overload" task where they give you way more stuff than you need and the entire point is that people will make things harder for themselves by trying to use all of it.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Dongicus posted:

lol why are people in this thread mad about frankie out of curiosity

I can't speak for everyone since I love Frankie, but I imagine some people have a fraught history with him. He's always been a shock comic, often while simultaneously riffing, and while that's produced some really great and incisive comedy it's also resulted in a fair amount of gross and hacky 'lol rape' or 'she has a penis' gags (especially if you go back like fifteen years, when the panel shows were like wall-to-wall misogyny).

Someone up thread pointed out how tired it was that he did his wedding dance in drag. I was similarly underwhelmed by that, but I also see it more as 'old comedian realizes he's about to just shuffle around arhythmically, wheezing, and has a precious few minutes to try and add some comedy value to this bit'.

Personally I think the show is using him just right, and he seems pretty game. He doesn't seem nearly as tired and/or disinterested as Jo Brand, David Baddiel or some of the other older competitors.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Didn't seem to hurt them that much on time though, they would have won if not for messing up the word lengths. I loved the moment when they said "oh that's how we pronounce it in Canada" and then the solid 10 or so seconds of frozen panic as they tried to work out in their head how they were going to make up a three syllable pronunciation of "humiliate" on the spot.

Sure, but the word 'outrageous' was on the list only because of the faulty clock. With some pleading, Greg would have caved, I'm sure.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Leatherhead posted:

I can't speak for everyone since I love Frankie, but I imagine some people have a fraught history with him. He's always been a shock comic, often while simultaneously riffing, and while that's produced some really great and incisive comedy it's also resulted in a fair amount of gross and hacky 'lol rape' or 'she has a penis' gags (especially if you go back like fifteen years, when the panel shows were like wall-to-wall misogyny).

Someone up thread pointed out how tired it was that he did his wedding dance in drag. I was similarly underwhelmed by that, but I also see it more as 'old comedian realizes he's about to just shuffle around arhythmically, wheezing, and has a precious few minutes to try and add some comedy value to this bit'.

Personally I think the show is using him just right, and he seems pretty game. He doesn't seem nearly as tired and/or disinterested as Jo Brand, David Baddiel or some of the other older competitors.

He seems sort of fed up and disinterested most of the time - but then has the occasional moment of brilliance. I think that's just what he's like though.

I get the sense he's one of those comedians that isn't used to sharing the spotlight with others. Even on Mock the Week he had to make himself the main character.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Leatherhead posted:

yeah that sounds about right, ty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
He’s definitely far better than I expected