Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Tenkaris posted:

wife from home

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

pentyne posted:

Was there a joke post about a goon insisting he and his wife quarantine separately? I know there were some insanely weird stories around 2020 when the panic was in full force like the "frozen exhalations" guy thinking he was getting covid from ice cream.

A guy literally just did it.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
I totally get how covid broke some people brain but how do you manage that in today's society. Like you hvae to go grocery shopping eventually.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You could door dash someone to do it for you lol

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

Boba Pearl posted:

I totally get how covid broke some people brain but how do you manage that in today's society. Like you hvae to go grocery shopping eventually.

Going to the grocery store is a death sentence, which is why I pay someone else to do it for me.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Oh right, doesn't that get super expensive?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Boba Pearl posted:

doesn't matter when you're a computer toucher who gets paid a dece six figgies

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Whoa weirdest case of deja vu, I think we've had this exact conversation before.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Alaois posted:

doesn't matter when you're a computer toucher who gets paid a dece six figgies

Most of the covid thread posters who have posted about their jobs are teachers, medical workers, or 'essential workers'. There are definitely plenty of computer touchers (since this is SA), but the idea that they're a majority is just game of telephone stuff from the old saga thread. And the thread consensus hasn't been to avoid grocery shopping for literally years at this point.

The bonbon post is from March 2021 (before all adults were even eligible for first shots in the US.

Also the only response to it in the covid thread was someone asking 'is this performance art'.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Boba Pearl posted:

Insanely.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

still trying to fathom how people can be posting anything new about COVID in current year

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I could definitely see people in the covid thread getting themselves into absurd amounts of debt doordashing groceries every week while chanting "covid is over" and alienating their friends and families.

I'm pretty sure 99% of the sagas that have come out of c-spam have come from the covid, trump, and the memory holed rioting/cool zone threads, and specifically from people whose posts are/were almost entirely confined to one or more of those three threads. Unfortunately they're also the most profitable threads on all of SA.

I don't mean to start a current drama thing but there are people who are absolutely addicted to posting in the trump thread for example. It got rebooted four days ago and there are posters in there with eight, nine, ten pages of posts. Each. Already.

Kazinsal fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Apr 11, 2023

HazCat
May 4, 2009

Kazinsal posted:

I could definitely see people in the covid thread getting themselves into absurd amounts of debt doordashing groceries every week while chanting "covid is over" and alienating their friends and families.

You're literally just writing fan fiction about people you don't like doing a stupid thing so you can feel superior to them.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

they still haven't hosed because neither of them knows how to get an n95 around a dick

ahahhaah

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Kazinsal posted:

I don't mean to start a current drama thing but there are people who are absolutely addicted to posting in the trump thread for example. It got rebooted four days ago and there are posters in there with eight, nine, ten pages of posts. Each. Already.

Just... why

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

“This is a slightly unusual request,” said Dr. Wagner, with what he hoped was commendable restraint. “As far as I know, it’s the first time anyone’s been asked to supply a Tibetan monastery with an Automatic Sequence Computer. I don’t wish to be inquisitive, but I should hardly have thought that your — ah — establishment had much use for such a machine. Could you explain just what you intend to do with it?”
“Gladly,” replied the lama, readjusting his silk robes and carefully putting away the slide rule he had been using for currency conversions. “Your Mark V Computer can carry out any routine mathematical operation involving up to ten digits. However, for our work we are interested in letters, not numbers. As we wish you to modify the output circuits, the machine will be printing words, not columns of figures.”
“I don’t quite understand....”
“This is a project on which we have been working for the last three centuries — since the lamasery was founded, in fact. It is somewhat alien to your way of thought, so I hope you will listen with an open mind while I explain it.”
“Naturally.”
“It is really quite simple. We have been compiling a list which shall contain all the possible names of Trump!”

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It was said a few times in the last couple threads, but there are times when threads become a culture of themselves closed off from the rest of the forums, and the posters very quickly degenerate into blind albino cave troglodytes, who occasionally breach containment and rampage around the rest of the forums gibbering and terrifying the townsfolk.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Why not just get a discord?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

HazCat posted:

You're literally just writing fan fiction about people you don't like doing a stupid thing so you can feel superior to them.

you good?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

HazCat posted:

Shut up.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It was said a few times in the last couple threads, but there are times when threads become a culture of themselves closed off from the rest of the forums, and the posters very quickly degenerate into blind albino cave troglodytes, who occasionally breach containment and rampage around the rest of the forums gibbering and terrifying the townsfolk.

the new thread is only four days old and it has 185 pages of posts in it

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

i like goro majima

hell, same

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Autisanal Cheese posted:

the new thread is only four days old and it has 185 pages of posts in it

185 posts doesn't sound like mu- wait... oh no I have to multiply that by 40

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
I had to go find it

Tenkaris posted:

I must say as someone who was in the turmp lol threads for the last five years, I am really not surprised how off the deep end they have gone.

I peaced out when Don got banned from Twitter and man it is night and day how I feel about the world since cutting that cord. The pervasive doomer mindset really sucks your will to live. I was putting up with severe anhedonia, and wasn’t myself.

I will say there were plenty of great posters in those threads watching out for each other and advocating therapy and regular breaks from the thread. But I’m not surprised plenty of them have instead gone further off the deep end.

Also on the positive side the threads introduced me to A Fancy Hat and his amazing comedic talents.

May 29th, 2021 -- six saga threads back :psyduck:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

HazCat posted:

Post your Darth Vader cosplay

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

let's take this opportunity to remember to be nice to our moms. Call your mom if you haven't talked to her in a while, sagas thread

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Boba Pearl posted:

somehow i don't think a lot of these kinds of posters are going shopping for fresh fruits and veggies.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

[Redacted meltdown]
Hey some of us have legitimate reasons to be watching the clock until we don't have to worry about certain people forcing themselves back into our lives. People don't choose their mothers. Let them choose to leave them.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

B33rChiller posted:

[Redacted meltdown]
Hey some of us have legitimate reasons to be watching the clock until we don't have to worry about certain people forcing themselves back into our lives. People don't choose their mothers. Let them choose to leave them.

Yyyyyep.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

B33rChiller posted:

[Redacted meltdown]

fair. sure those problematic/lovely moms exist, and it sucks to have them. all the sympathy in the world there.

but I’m not sure a well intentioned mom trying to connect with her doomer kid who is spiraling out of control is really one of those?

but idk, the covid threads are just weird depression factories to me and honestly more sad than anything else.

anyway, yak2 is good thus far, but not quite as good as zero.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Cool, thanks.
Just saw the empty quote as general advice fir everyone and wanted to voice a counterpoint. Night y'all

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

mom coulda done better when remarrying but we fall in love with who we fall in love with. we still get together for lunch once a month

hug your moms, call em if they're too far away.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Bloodstained ritual of the night has been pretty good. Switching loadouts on the fly to try and match up with enemies has been neat, but I'm disappointed the knife boots are slashing damage and not slashy.

Would be nice to have a health bar on bosses too

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

ilmucche posted:

Bloodstained ritual of the night has been pretty good. Switching loadouts on the fly to try and match up with enemies has been neat, but I'm disappointed the knife boots are slashing damage and not slashy.

Would be nice to have a health bar on bosses too

i wanted more of it, like i always want with a metroidvania. i'd give it a B+. but it is a fun game to play, for sure.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Kazinsal posted:

hug your moms, call em if they're too far away.

connection's not great

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

NoiseAnnoys posted:

i wanted more of it, like i always want with a metroidvania. i'd give it a B+. but it is a fun game to play, for sure.

I don't think I'm that far in really. Just gotten the camera thing working so I think I can get on the train? The gate still wouldn't open so got to figure it out

I'm excited to eventually find out if all these random places to sit down actually do anything

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

ilmucche posted:

I don't think I'm that far in really. Just gotten the camera thing working so I think I can get on the train? The gate still wouldn't open so got to figure it out

I'm excited to eventually find out if all these random places to sit down actually do anything

yeah, if you get the photo id, the train eventually gets moving.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I just wanna know if the COVID couple hooking up sounds like when you put shoes in the dryer when they try to neck each other while wearing the "going to Costco" helmets

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

I just wanna know if the COVID couple hooking up sounds like when you put shoes in the dryer when they try to neck each other while wearing the "going to Costco" helmets

asking permission to let your dick out of the airlock and to initiate docking procedures is the height of foreplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Long-distance covid.