Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008
Cool cool, but maybe spoiler that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crackerjack
Nov 7, 2004
crackalackin

Slippery Tilde
I have a housing question. I don't mean to come across sounding bourgeois, but how do I get my estate's man-servant to properly stand on his booster chair so he can go about cataloguing my enormous cashe of hoarded gold and treasure?

What I mean is, how do I float NPCs onto furniture? It's totally weird that it's not automatic.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

goblin week posted:

i did it!!!! watching the Giant Cutscene right now.

God, from the very moment Ilberd appeared in this game I expected him to betray me. I'm so smart.

Don't read this until you're done, but when I was first going through that my thing wasn't just that Ilberd betrayed us, but rather that he picked possibly the worst possible moment for us to do so, and flipped most of the Crystal Braves in the process

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Crackerjack posted:

I have a housing question. I don't mean to come across sounding bourgeois, but how do I get my estate's man-servant to properly stand on his booster chair so he can go about cataloguing my enormous cashe of hoarded gold and treasure?

What I mean is, how do I float NPCs onto furniture? It's totally weird that it's not automatic.

You use the same item floating glitch as you would the others. Stage panel and rivera self. Its been awhile since i last did it so maybe someone else can chip in. I did it for alagan nodes and they are at the base, the same thing.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

goblin week posted:

i did it!!!! watching the Giant Cutscene right now.

God, from the very moment Ilberd appeared in this game I expected him to betray me. I'm so smart.

Hating that mfer is the best

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

I definitely called Ilberd betraying us, but I also predicted Alphinaud and Aymeric being bad guys based off of their designs and voices so I’m sad to say I have a solid 1/3 batting average there.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Aymeric was never bad but initially he is portrayed as kind of a shady politician with his own aims

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"

hopeandjoy posted:

I definitely called Ilberd betraying us, but I also predicted Alphinaud and Aymeric being bad guys based off of their designs and voices so I’m sad to say I have a solid 1/3 batting average there.

Lol, as someone who started playing FFXIV right after Xenoblade Chronicles, I heard Aymeric's VA, who also played Alvis, and thought, "oh man this guy is friend-shaped"

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
S L O P P E H

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Feldegast42 posted:

Aymeric was never bad but initially he is portrayed as kind of a shady politician with his own aims

I played FFX for the first time this year and Seymour gave off the same sort of vibes as Aymeric at first so I was genuinely unsure if I was going to be betrayed, though I had a pretty good feeling we wouldn't ever be friends

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW

barclayed posted:

Lol, as someone who started playing FFXIV right after Xenoblade Chronicles, I heard Aymeric's VA, who also played Alvis, and thought, "oh man this guy is friend-shaped"

lmao I had the opposite reaction for the same reason, I recognised the Alvis voice so I assumed he was playing us like a fiddle

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

hopeandjoy posted:

From the first time I saw the twins and the way they first toured the intro towns, I thought that they'd turn out to be time traveling descendents of Louisoux investigating his history (our present)

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sentient Data posted:

From the first time I saw the twins and the way they first toured the intro towns, I thought that they'd turn out to be time traveling descendents of Louisoux investigating his history (our present)

Now that you mention it, they really DO give off the vibe of "mysterious watchers who may or may not be agents of a higher power" when you first meet them.

Then their next cutscene is Allie ragequitting the plot and the mystique instantly vanishes.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

In 1.x didn't Urianger pretend to be an incarnation of one of the twelve as a goof and also set velociraptors on you or am I at the tail end of a very long game of Lore Telephone

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Runa posted:

In 1.x didn't Urianger pretend to be an incarnation of one of the twelve as a goof and also set velociraptors on you or am I at the tail end of a very long game of Lore Telephone

I believe the velociraptor thing is true, I don't know about the twelve thing.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
He pulled the Ascian teleport-y thing, which leads some people to saying he was a secret Ascian even now (although now it's firmly in 'lore-ignoring fanfic' territory, and y'know what, let those people do whatever they want) but in fairness at that point only one Ascian had ever turned up so it wasn't codified as The Ascian Teleport yet. He was also a weird joke character, he was in multiple Hildibrand quests.

Urianger might be the worst victim of Lore Telephone since the Elementals, this comes up enough times to mess with people. But at least Urianger's had a lot of up-front story stuff to replace that in most people's minds, I think the Elementals suffer from being background players even in their own stories.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Feldegast42 posted:

It isn't his fault that he has a bad case of resting betrayal face. It kind of is his fault that he's a politician though.

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.
I found a good way to break a fantasia habit, just get art done of your character.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Thundarr posted:

It isn't his fault that he has a bad case of resting betrayal face. It kind of is his fault that he's a politician though.

i think he would rather be anything but a politician tbh

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Crackerjack posted:

I used a mod to do it, but you can look up how to do it the hard way if you don't wanna go the mod route. But the big thing is when you do it, after you close the housing menu the Namazu will fall back to the floor. You'll think it didn't work but don't go back into your housing menu. Simply go outside then come back inside and the Namazu will be properly standing on the stool

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Funky Valentine posted:

Then their next cutscene is Allie ragequitting the plot and the mystique instantly vanishes.

That was so loving bizarre to me. I still don't know if she's coming back because it's not like I've seen any fanart of that character ever

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
I also thought Alphinaud is a chode but then I learned that he's neurodivergent and a minor and I reduced my expectations :shobon:

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Get some level 90 buddies to drag you through the Coils of Bahamut.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

goblin week posted:

I also thought Alphinaud is a chode but then I learned that he's neurodivergent and a minor and I reduced my expectations :shobon:

I don't think he's neurodivergent necessarily, I think he's just a total dweeb.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

hopeandjoy posted:

Get some level 90 buddies to drag you through the Coils of Bahamut.

Agreed, it's a good story but they really didn't know what they wanted raids to be back then.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

They should have kept them all like coils imo. This one boss fight bullshit with anime vampire school teachers is lame af.

You got sick cgi and cool fights and treks out of coils

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

Spuzzz posted:

I found a good way to break a fantasia habit, just get art done of your character.

Unfortunately you now have an art habit.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Spuzzz posted:

This is cute :kimchi:

I'm dreaming of the day I can afford more comms too of my WoL.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

to chip in on the "i thought it was gonna go this way" thing, about a month or so after endwalker came out i think i was deep in the post-heavensward stuff, and (ENDWALKER SPOILERS) i started to suspect hydaelyn was the real end boss or something, or just as bad as the ascians or something, like she wanted worlds of pure light (the first) and the ascians wanted darkness (i dont think the concepts and plan of action/calamities of what ascians wanted other than "make the world whole" didnt really sink in until post endwalker ngl) and i doubled down when i saw that one dungeon in the source with the two sin eaters and i then tripled down when i went too far down in the uploaded videos section on my ps5 ff14 menu page and saw the words "hydaelyn (extreme)" and i was like :sickos: ! and it really coloured a lot of my expectations for the next 3 expansions lol i dont think i let go of that idea right up until i saw this new character turn up with the name "meteion" and i was like, oh. ok. yeah thats the final boss, the one with the obvious boss name is behind it all." :shrug:

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 11, 2023

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

goblin week posted:

He's a smart, well-educated and well-meaning teenager who believed way too much in his own ability so he came across as a smarmy know-it-all. At least until he got a brutal reality check.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Smart undersells him a bit, and he's ultra rich. He's used to always being right and having everything go his way.

Diagnosing him with something is a weird play.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

And now he just wants to gather firewood. :3:

EW The running gag payoff of Estinien going “…it was just firewood?” is excellent.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

Vikar Jerome posted:

They should have kept them all like coils imo. This one boss fight bullshit with anime vampire school teachers is lame af.

The CGI cutscene in Coil took waaaay too much of the budget and they've stated they're never doing something like that again.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hyper Inferno posted:

The CGI cutscene in Coil took waaaay too much of the budget and they've stated they're never doing something like that again.

Worth it

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The phase transition cutscene for p8s is kickass.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Vikar Jerome posted:

Coil just seems to be in a weird place of early raid design where the devs felt like there had to be some major lore stuff to encourage people to run them beyond just doing it for number go up. I also think the animation team has just gotten better at creating cool story moments using in-game assets that they don't need to reach out to the CGI team a year ahead of time to get them to smash together something that they can do themselves.

Also you should dip into savage :)

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The phase transition cutscene for p8s is kickass.

this!!!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Managed to luck my way into enough Formidable FATEs to get the mount

The iron frog rules lol

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Cleretic posted:

I don't think he's neurodivergent necessarily, I think he's just a total dweeb.

nonsense. they gave him sage because he's newtype-coded

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Diagnosing him with something is a weird play.

theyre just quoting the meme

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/im-literally-neurodivergent-and-a-minor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Smart undersells him a bit, and he's ultra rich. He's used to always being right and having everything go his way.

StB

EW