Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Fun fact: this is apparently where sperm whales get their name from. Olden times whalers who were dissecting sperm whales were extremely mature and highly scientific and correctly noted that their brains did in fact float in cum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/smbrnsn/status/1645544940192124935?s=20

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

DynamicSloth posted:

Why on earth would he when they're lining up to debase themselves for free for him?

Musk got everything he needed to get out of the twitter files, a momentary distraction from everything else he's loving up now that the money faucet is off. He never cared about the critique Taibbi thought he was developing (and clearly catering to Musk).

This is the same critique you can make of any journalist. Credulity in news reporting may or may not be a problem depending on one's opinion.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Taibbi not realizing this is how it was going to go and defending Musk on Hasan's show don't speak well for his brain.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
cybertrrk looks like dogshit

https://twitter.com/Teslaconomics/status/1645438486521196545

Weka
May 5, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Mr Interweb posted:

one of the dumber aspects of the Twitter Files that doesn't get as much mockery as it deserves is taibbi's pathetic and hilarious attempts to pretend musk wasn't his source. really, now? does matt think the twitter files were leaked without elon's knowledge? as opposed to, you know, personally giving permission to publish whatever juicy info his minions could find out about his enemies?

Taibbi is a journalist protecting his source.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Weka posted:

*Points to a half eaten bag of animal crackers that has been stuffed with wet paper towels and some hair clippings.*

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Weka posted:

can't tell if serious

if so, do you feel it's literally anyone else other than elon?

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
talking about journalistic integrity in a situation where a billionaire told a bunch of reporters what story he wanted them to write and publicly cut them off over the mildest pushback

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

The Chairman posted:

talking about journalistic integrity in a situation where a billionaire told a bunch of reporters what story he wanted them to write and publicly cut them off over the mildest pushback

hell, when you put it like that, even elon seems like he deserves a pulitzer!

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Mr Interweb posted:

can't tell if serious

if so, do you feel it's literally anyone else other than elon?

Wasn't this explicitly stated by Elon multiple times? And other Twitter people? I thought it was weird when Taibbi was being cagey in front of Congress regarding his "sources" when the whole point was that Musk was publicly talking about turning over all the Twitter info to his hand-picked PR team.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

brugroffil posted:

Wasn't this explicitly stated by Elon multiple times? And other Twitter people? I thought it was weird when Taibbi was being cagey in front of Congress regarding his "sources" when the whole point was that Musk was publicly talking about turning over all the Twitter info to his hand-picked PR team.

yeah, all that is true. which is why i'm wondering why literally anyone else is still trying to pretend like we don't already know exactly what happened

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 372 days!
X is a really cool name for a company and i know 12yo me would have loved it

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

god please make this happen (them on mars, not somehow moving mars so close to earth)

Let's put two all billionnaires on the cold and oxygen-less surface of another planet. Let see how it goes.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
isn’t there a band called x?

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
x, the everything ray

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Wait did Musk just incorporated Twitter into X so he wouldn't had to pay the debt interest that Twitter owes? Somebody explain that because he cannot get away with that can he

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NeonPunk posted:

Wait did Musk just incorporated Twitter into X so he wouldn't had to pay the debt interest that Twitter owes? Somebody explain that because he cannot get away with that can he

Rich old white men can get away with anything other than loving over other rich white old men.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

fizzy posted:

Rich old white men can get away with anything other than loving over other rich white old men.

But the banks are run by other rich white old men??

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Consummate Professional posted:

Also a movie!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

NeonPunk posted:

there are no consequences for the rich and connected, op

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy
Soon Twitter.com will be no more and X.com will reign supreme.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

NeonPunk posted:

Trying to screw over JP Morgan on a debt this large will work out about as well as him trying to wriggle out of buying Twitter in the first place.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

NeonPunk posted:

But the banks are run by other rich white old men??

that's why lawyers exist, to arbitrate disputes between two or more groups of the wealthy.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

NeonPunk posted:

this is just corporate structuring stuff that every large company does, and it doesn’t really matter beyond that

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

you mean the band that stole it's name from X: The Everything App?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
The cat turds of Twitter have been complaining about how block lists have somehow made it easier for leftists to mass report their terrible posts. Wouldn't it be funny if in the process of trying to fix that Musk disables everyone's ability to block users? I wonder what kind of pandemonium that would cause.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Thank you fox news grandpa

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it's astounding how dumb these motherfuckers are

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

I bet he thinks diseases are spread by light.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Yes

Los Angeles

Great rock

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

univbee posted:

Fun fact: this is apparently where sperm whales get their name from. Olden times whalers who were dissecting sperm whales were extremely mature and highly scientific and correctly noted that their brains did in fact float in cum.

why would you have enough available to test that theory?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Look Saudi Arabia, you gave me a loan for Twitter.com but now I work at X theveverythingapp so please stop sending me bone saws in the mail

Egg Moron has issued a correction as of 15:04 on Apr 11, 2023

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Admiral Ray posted:

I bet he thinks diseases are spread by light.

Miasma

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Egg Moron posted:

Look Saudi Arabia, you have me a loan for Twitter.com but now I work at X theveverythingapp so please stop sending me bone saws in the mail

elon receiving a severed finger and ransom note in the mail: ummm, who uses snail mail anymore? methinks the 19th century would like her communication system back!

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

Elon did the OJ murders

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
It's so funny that Taibbi turned into the exact kind of hack he always said he despised.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

TFW When you go to X dot com and no one is getting cummed on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Having to go to one app for social media and another to buy a new keyboard and ANOTHER one to turn on my car....? ugh! i just wish i could get everything from just one insanely cool guy