Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

MassRafTer posted:

Because they aren't a troll it is Leslie Lee's burner account where he posts his genuine beliefs about pro wrestling and his undying hatred for the Young Bucks. That's what this thread is for bad takes about pro wrestling. It's very funny that Leslie has gotten so mad at people he follows that he's had to set up a burner where he posts exactly the same as his normal account.

The sentence "Again, I'm talking about the JOB the work and life and politics and drama not whether you can remember which dance sequences to do in a match" is something I've thought about all morning.

wait was that actually leslie lee who cut together that very weird chris jericho video and posted it a bunch like it was evidence of anything other than their own derangement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fart Radio posted:

wait was that actually leslie lee who cut together that very weird chris jericho video and posted it a bunch like it was evidence of anything other than their own derangement?

Either it's Leslie or it's someone who shares all of Leslie's beliefs on pop culture, including The Last of Us and the NWA and immediately disengages if someone replies to Laur asking him to stop replying with his burner and to just reply on main. Also who talks about communicating with Japanese fans the same way Leslie did when he posted here.

https://twitter.com/laurabutevil/status/1645577501396316162

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Good lord, that was sadder and shitter than I thought it would be.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

The line "you Grimace looking cheese clown" is probably my favourite thing he's ever been called.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

People within BLP, lmao. It’s like 5 people.

davius_xw
Aug 23, 2021
https://twitter.com/Shazza_McKenzie/status/1645640373052616710?s=20

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

edogawa rando posted:

I can't loving believe that was the finish

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Who would have thought NWA Champion Nick Aldis would have been the absolute peak of Billy Corgan's NWA?

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

MassRafTer posted:

Either it's Leslie or it's someone who shares all of Leslie's beliefs on pop culture, including The Last of Us and the NWA and immediately disengages if someone replies to Laur asking him to stop replying with his burner and to just reply on main. Also who talks about communicating with Japanese fans the same way Leslie did when he posted here.

I initially thought the camera's colour balance was all hosed up because Tyrus' upper torso and face have a blue tint, but no... everyone else is human coloured. Maybe go see a doctor, Tyrus?

edogawa rando posted:

Yeah I was expecting something hilariously bad, but that's just sad.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
using a burner account to say the exact same poo poo you say on your main is just a logical extension of the "they should do stuff i like because it will appeal to the hypothetical casual fan" argument

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

edogawa rando posted:

Lol at being too gassed to break out of the rest hold, so the guy putting it on him starts struggling for him and then drops the hold without tyrus moving at all

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

little munchkin posted:

Lol at being too gassed to break out of the rest hold, so the guy putting it on him starts struggling for him and then drops the hold without tyrus moving at all

It's not even supposed to be a rest hold -- the full nelson is his finisher (he's the former Chris Masters from WWE). And Tyrus can't even be arsed to sell it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Selachian posted:

It's not even supposed to be a rest hold -- the full nelson is his finisher (he's the former Chris Masters from WWE). And Tyrus can't even be arsed to sell it.

Can't be arsed to sell it? His face is turning different colors!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm pretty sure the idea is Tyrus is bridging the master lock into a pin, right?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MJeff posted:

I'm pretty sure the idea is Tyrus is bridging the master lock into a pin, right?

Yes, he's supposed to be planting his feet and shifting his weight over the chest so Adonis can't kick out. But he's such a mess that he can't keep his feet planted so we just have to believe he's so fat Adonis can't get out.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

https://twitter.com/TheJizzard/status/1645592228440469506

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Aldis stinks but that this is somehow several large steps down from him is....concerning.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

MassRafTer posted:

oh my god he deleted the account lmao

leslie, i know you're reading this, and you truly are as stupid as your opinions make you look

Fart Radio fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Apr 11, 2023

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Genuinely enjoyed Leslie until he started going hard on the Cornette talking points and I am sad to see Laur go, especially after finding out it used to be some kind of pro-CHIKARA troll account.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

With his eyes closing, I thought tyrus was passing out and was laying down on the guy to get the pin

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
With how long Vince has been booking things, there must have been a guy who's so fat he cannot wrestle, but still wins anyway.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Have you ever seen anyone in the history of ever drop and grapevine a full nelson? The whole point is to push down for control. This is just a weird snuggle. My how the masterlock has fallen. Congrats to red eye contributor Tyrus O’Neill

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Mr. Squishy posted:

With how long Vince has been booking things, there must have been a guy who's so fat he cannot wrestle, but still wins anyway.

Bastion Booger comes close, but he never had any titles.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Mr. Squishy posted:

It's not the same but there was a fun spot years ago in a Regal vs Big Show match where Regal knocked out Show with the brass knucks and Show fell straight down on top of him leading to Regal being unable to get out from under him and getting pinned.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

weekly font posted:

Have you ever seen anyone in the history of ever drop and grapevine a full nelson? The whole point is to push down for control. This is just a weird snuggle. My how the masterlock has fallen. Congrats to red eye contributor Tyrus O’Neill

Tutus is so fat, Chris fell over but he kept the hold because he’s a maddog.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

coconono posted:

Tutus is so fat, Chris fell over but he kept the hold because he’s a maddog.

Kinda like Austin vs Bret except trashy and fat.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The NWA Powerrr chat is giving me insight into the 573 people watching Powerrr live.

quote:

Axel González
​i wish wrestling was like in the past, less toxic, less internet spoilers, less BS of blood in every show, less current crap.

tx_tactical
​TEXAS...

Daoloth PTSD Anime Manga Satire OVR
​drat I missed teh Start I didn't see it then forgot to check so I missed first 20 minutes or so oh well I'll relay it ;).

tx_tactical
​TEXAS...

DzY - 1119
​To be entirely honest, I would love to see NWA doing cross promotion stuff w/ MLW.

DzY - 1119
​NWA, Impact & MLW would be dope as hell if they were to all work together.

kaled adam
​pat kenny aged

Coolman952
​Impact is a joke

depart
​Aldis vs Scurll is like the greatest lost match. Such a shame

Michael Manning
​love the NWA

RyanDrillerX0X0
​long live the to tength of time allie and driller 🙂

Coolman952
​Axel just matches won’t help your company grow

Axel González
​That was going to be the rematch of 2019 ppv.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/snowboiiii/status/1645913620725788673?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Raeg
Jul 7, 2008

The top 1% of ducks have control of 99.9% of the bread.

MassRafTer posted:

The NWA Powerrr chat is giving me insight into the 573 people watching Powerrr live.

TEXAS

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MassRafTer posted:

One dude in there is very committed to (or enraged at?) the state of Texas.

:hmmyes:

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

MassRafTer posted:

I'd love to know where that one guy got the notion that wrestling was less toxic in the old days

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
https://twitter.com/jordanjabroni/status/1645883040365723648
https://twitter.com/MrfantasticDW/status/1645780929946812418
https://twitter.com/HCNALDRE/status/1645860375773040669
https://twitter.com/imperez/status/1645804341973094403

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Everyone on twitter is making fun of this guy and he has a 10 year old blog so why not...

http://angrywrestlingvet.blogspot.com/

quote:

WWE has a genius spin with this Fandango-ing gimmick. Vince basically has WWE starting its own version of Gangnam Style. If Vince can get this to be a meme and catch on he will get huge eyes on WWE. Last week, Jersey made Fandango. If this catches, it will make CNN and morning talk shows. Vince is really going deep down the entertainment rabbit hole. Alternatively, this Fandango-ing can bite WWE in the rear end. Like when fans do it during non-Fandango matches, when the fans get bored.

Fandango should cut promos how he hates the Fandango-ing, being offended as a trained dancer is now being compared to stupid trending dances. He is not a punchline, he is an artist. He dropped the ball on his promo tonight, he didn’t heel it up enough.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Drakkel posted:

I'd love to know where that one guy got the notion that wrestling was less toxic in the old days

Or that there was less blood. The bloodiest matches I ever saw was in old territory poo poo. Like there’s a reason they all have scarred up foreheads.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

The_Rob posted:

Or that there was less blood. The bloodiest matches I ever saw was in old territory poo poo. Like there’s a reason they all have scarred up foreheads.

He solely remembers the Saturday morning early 90's wwf show

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Their one criteria if a wrestler's good: being over 6'.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
AEW needs someone to supply Tony with Human Growth Hormone

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

Their one criteria if a wrestler's good: being over 6'.

Ishii would eat this clown for breakfast and then win janken to eat a chocolate :haw:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Rarity posted:

AEW needs someone to supply Tony with Human Growth Hormone

Brian Cage re-signed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
He's also barely 6'0 (if even that), so a borderline terrible wrestler.