Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1645682925818486785
Better to not be able to drive cars, and living alive in an apartment building than ending up lifeless in some Ukrainian field or village.

Service guarantees citizenship!

On a side-note: I wish I was object-279.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

That loving dickhead Solovyov yet again describing "the West" as "pure Satanism" without giving any examples whatsoever got a lol out of me. You just know he's still pining for his holiday home in Italy.

Preach with the preachers, party with Satan.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Still cracks me up that on April 1st, russia took over presidency of the security council

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Don't worry. That carries about as much weight as when the US had it.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Toxic Mental posted:

Don't worry. That carries about as much weight as when the US had it.

This is the council that laughed at Trump when he gave a speech?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

That was the general assembly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z4y8OJxlK8

Big "class bully is also the biggest idiot somehow got put in charge of the group project" energy

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
no donald theyre laughing at you, not with you

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Oh forgot to mention, its been 3 months since the last "putin has supercancer" poo poo so here's Metro with the resupply:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/putin-now-suffering-from-severe-pain-in-head-blurred-vision-and-numb-tongue/ar-AA19GbcP

Metro.co.uk posted:

Vladimir Putin suffered a number of serious health scares causing doctors to ‘panic’, it has been claimed.

The Russian president suffered ‘severe pain’ in his head, blurred vision and a ‘numb tongue’ according to General SVR Telegram channel.

He is also said to have experienced a ‘partial loss of sensation in his right arm and leg’ requiring urgent medical attention.

A ‘council of doctors’ performed first aid, and ordered Putin to take medication and rest for several days.

But rather than following this advice, the Russian premier refused to rest, choosing instead to give gloomy reports from the war in Ukraine.

His condition improved, easing concern among his large team of medics, said the post.

It stated: ‘The president’s relatives were more worried.’

For them ‘such a sharp deterioration in Vladimir Putin’s health caused a nervous reaction, more like panic’.

The channel, which claims inside knowledge from the Kremlin, has repeatedly said Putin is terminally ill with cancer, and his conditions and medication impacts his decision-making.

‘The temporary sharp deterioration in the president’s health has already made those closest to him tense,’ said General SVR.

‘The sudden death of Putin will put them all in front of the unknown, or rather, on the brink of survival.’

It stated that ‘none of them even had a rough plan of action in this case’.

Rumours have spiralled about Putin’s health fuelled by his habit of gripping hard onto desks and making strange twitching movements with his feet.

The Kremlin and his ministers insist he is in perfect health.

The original source is a telegram channel that was picked up by Metro and re-aggregated by MSN so the primary value of this game of telephone is basically just the lols coming from the idea that Putin had a stroke and insists on just giving gloomy depressing war reports about the situation in Ukraine, which apparently had a healing effect on him.

Copium, the world's newest miracle drug

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Earth causing the latest smoking accident:
https://twitter.com/CIRA_CSU/status/1645645042953125890

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Russia has lost 1.3 million young workers since the start of the war, another cost of Russia's disastrous and criminal invasion.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2023/04/11/russia-lost-13m-young-workers-in-2022-research-a80784

The Moscow Times posted:

Russia Lost 1.3M Young Workers in 2022 - Research

The number of young workers in Russia has dropped to one of its lowest levels in the country’s post-Soviet history, the RBC news website reported Tuesday, citing research based on official statistics by the Finexpertiza consulting firm.

Working citizens under the age of 35 in the Russian labor market totaled 21.5 million in December, accounting for 29.8% of the country’s workforce of 72.1 million.

That marks the lowest share of young workers since the start of data collection in 2006. According to Finexpertiza, the trend could date back to the early 1990s, as Russia’s population has aged rapidly since the Soviet collapse.

With Russia's unemployment rates standing at a record low, the decrease in young workers could be the result of many of them taking jobs in the so-called "gray economy" — or last year's mass exodus of Russians over the war in Ukraine.

The number of young workers in Russia fell by 1.33 million people between December 2021 and December 2022.

That is the second-largest decrease in recorded history behind the pandemic year of 2020, when 1.34 million young Russians left the job market.

Finexpertiza’s research shows a decrease of 87,000 workers aged 20-24 from December 2021-December 2022 to a total of 3.2 million.

The 25-29 age group saw the biggest decrease at 724,000 fewer people, totaling 7.2 million.

The 30-34 age group decreased by 524,000 people to 10.7 million.

Unlike younger workers, Russians of pre-retirement age have flooded the job market after highly controversial pension reforms in 2018 raised the country’s retirement age, RBC said.

Russians aged 60-69 showed the biggest increase in workforce share from December 2021-December 2022 at 336,000 people. Those aged 50-54 added 202,000 people to the job market.

Overall, the number of people of all ages employed in the Russian labor market fell by 370,000 to 72.1 million between December 2021 and December 2022.

That's loving bleak

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
some Russian soldier is all doom and gloom, predicts UA counteroffensive might start as soon as this week

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1645819263465271297

meanwhile Russian propagandists sound more and more like doomsday cultists

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1645805713980268544

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

HonorableTB posted:

Oh forgot to mention, its been 3 months since the last "putin has supercancer" poo poo so here's Metro with the resupply:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/putin-now-suffering-from-severe-pain-in-head-blurred-vision-and-numb-tongue/ar-AA19GbcP

The original source is a telegram channel that was picked up by Metro and re-aggregated by MSN so the primary value of this game of telephone is basically just the lols coming from the idea that Putin had a stroke and insists on just giving gloomy depressing war reports about the situation in Ukraine, which apparently had a healing effect on him.

Copium, the world's newest miracle drug

Fun as it has been with all the putin has cancer of the poo poo and butt, and maybe even important, as it is important that people associate putin's face with cancer poo poo and butt, I will not truly believe putin actually has any of that until he confirms it, for example by keeling over, catching butt fire, and erupting like a rectal poop confetti cannon over an astonished crowd of genocide enthusiasts.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

That's a pretty cool-looking volcano

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/romania-unveils-plan-to-buy-f-35s

Goood. They have 17 F-16s now so I guess the fleet would be pretty small but probably bigger than russia's 5th-gen lol.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siqvj6wkIsQ
New intercepted phone call dropped. This one involves Anatoly Bibilov, VDV General and former president of the Ossetian breakaway state in Georgia, haranguing a bunch of mobiks. It's a long one so I'm not going to completely summarize it, but the good General's words and lies got him ridiculed by a rather brave mobik who had to be subdued before it went too far. :nms: for description of casualties at the beginning.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Lmao that mobik is going to get a noodle at the shootist's earliest convenience

Bonus tweet: it's loving rich seeing Francis Fukuyama giving someone poo poo for not learning anything

https://twitter.com/FukuyamaFrancis/status/1645421276843106304?s=20

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Canada will provide Ukraine with 21,000 assault rifles, 38 machine guns and more than 2.4 million rounds of ammunition,

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1645843723777867777

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

HonorableTB posted:

LMFAO there's no way they're actually sending an Object-279 prototype. There can't be. They only made three of them back in 1959, but jesus loving christ the wiki confirms they got the one working model from the Kubinka Tank Museum operational and running in late 2022
The rest were wrecked by the Shagohod.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I'd wish for Macron to get the boot but his replacement is full on loving nazi

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Dwesa posted:

Canada will provide Ukraine with 21,000 assault rifles, 38 machine guns and more than 2.4 million rounds of ammunition,

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1645843723777867777

Justin, restart the top secret Avro Arrow production lines hidden deep under the Canadian Shield and let’s get some 400 of them into Ukraine by December.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Payndz posted:

The rest were wrecked by the Shagohod.

I’ve been waiting for this remark

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

did surrounding tiles gain any yields?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

shadow puppet of a posted:

Justin, restart the top secret Avro Arrow production lines hidden deep under the Canadian Shield and let’s get some 400 of them into Ukraine by December.
:hmmyes:

Then we make some patches like the Taiwanese have

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
BBC reporting that the leaks show that western special forces are in Ukraine. Small numbers (mostly SAS apparently), gotta think they're mainly there for advice/training. Can't see it being worse the risk of them getting in combat.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Roblo posted:

BBC reporting that the leaks show that western special forces are in Ukraine. Small numbers (mostly SAS apparently), gotta think they're mainly there for advice/training. Can't see it being worse the risk of them getting in combat.

Oh no, Russia might threaten to use nukes again! For the 50th time...

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

Oh no, Russia might threaten to use nukes again! For the 50th time...

Not that. I meant the propaganda benefit that Russia would get out of parading some dead squaddie around.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Roblo posted:

Not that. I meant the propaganda benefit that Russia would get out of parading some dead squaddie around.

I guarantee none of those guys are that near to the front in a way that they'd be compromised.

They are not Wagner.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Or it's all bullshit, which is very much a possibility

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Roblo posted:

Western special forces were on site for day one of the ossetia invasion. I’d imagine they have summer homes built in Ukraine by now. They are everywhere there is combat or will be combat. It’s not much of a risk to admit it.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Eh, I don't think it's unrealistic that there'd be some specforce dudes training Ukrainian forces; there's only so much I suppose they'd be able to do on training fields far from the battlefield.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Those leaked documents are alleged to have been altered, for what it's worth. Although I haven't seen and am unlikely to see proof of that

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Play posted:

Those leaked documents are alleged to have been altered, for what it's worth. Although I haven't seen and am unlikely to see proof of that

Its also not the first forged document to come out in the last few weeks.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Play posted:

Just the one document was altered. Just one.

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

spankmeister posted:

That we know of. We'd have no way to know if the others were modified/forged or anything else. Could be a bunch of genuine documents with a fake in the middle of them. By either side, false flag, psyop - who the gently caress knows.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

^^^^
:argh: Beaten like a Russian conscript by their superior officer

spankmeister posted:

As far as we know. There is still no information on who released these documents and for what purpose. They could be anywhere 1-99% fake. The US government only ever confirmed that SOME amount of secret information got leaked.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
From the d&d pic thread:

Antigravitas posted:

𝔊𝔲𝔱𝔢𝔫 𝔗𝔞𝔤

Never again War
Without German participation

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

mobby_6kl posted:

From the d&d pic thread:

Big "you don't gotta hand it to them" energy.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mllaneza posted:

Big "you don't gotta hand it to them" energy.

I think they should get a chance to be on the right side for once imo

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

mobby_6kl posted:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/romania-unveils-plan-to-buy-f-35s

Goood. They have 17 F-16s now so I guess the fleet would be pretty small but probably bigger than russia's 5th-gen lol.

Russia's "5 Gen fighter" is the equivalent of a boomer buying the Ferrari body kit for his Pontiac Fiero.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Blistex posted:

Russia's "5 Gen fighter" is the equivalent of a boomer buying the Ferrari body kit for his Pontiac Fiero.

so insanely cool is what you’re saying?