Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I think there just might be something to that

fake edit: Apparently the bottle of wine is - at a minimum - $1500

Why does he have a name tag but she doesn't?
Maybe so the other guests won't mistake him for the help...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I never checked it out obviously but I figured they blew up the eagle's nest like the fuhrerbunker.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Volcott posted:

I never checked it out obviously but I figured they blew up the eagle's nest like the fuhrerbunker.

Former Rep. Madison Cawthorn also paid it a visit while in office.

V-Men
Aug 15, 2001

Don't it make your dick bust concrete to be in the same room with two noble, selfless public servants.

Volcott posted:

The Allies kept all the nice places for use.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
It's just a restaurant now

That photo doesn't seem to be from there either

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.

This new Mario movie sounds great!

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

"no politics" he's literally a plumber

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
Sueprised they’re not mad about Peach being hyper-competent and Mario’s trainer.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Riven posted:

Sueprised they’re not mad about Peach being hyper-competent and Mario’s trainer.

Oh, they're also mad about that.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

I don't dance unless I'm totally wasted.
I used to like alternate history, which is its own special land of sometimes-garbage wish fulfillment literature. I subscribed to a science fiction book club once and one of the available titles was an alternate history book about WWII. The premise of the book was that Nazi Germany/Hitler had made so many bad/insane decisions during the war, that the author wanted to investigate different ways that Germany could have prosecuted the war. I think out of the ten scenarios, only 2 resulted in a win for the Nazis. Well this book is called "The Hitler Options," which... apparently looks bad on a shelf. My wife (girlfriend at the time), who is Jewish, uh, definitely did a double take and asked me if she should be concerned lol.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
𝔊𝔲𝔱𝔢𝔫 𝔗𝔞𝔤

Never again War
Without German participation

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I always assumed he had better handwriting.

Capt.Whorebags
Jan 10, 2005

What I find remarkable about that picture is that despite Clarence Thomas being African American, they look like the whitest boomer couple on earth.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

whiteness transcends race

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

AvesPKS posted:

I used to like alternate history, which is its own special land of sometimes-garbage wish fulfillment literature. I subscribed to a science fiction book club once and one of the available titles was an alternate history book about WWII. The premise of the book was that Nazi Germany/Hitler had made so many bad/insane decisions during the war, that the author wanted to investigate different ways that Germany could have prosecuted the war. I think out of the ten scenarios, only 2 resulted in a win for the Nazis. Well this book is called "The Hitler Options," which... apparently looks bad on a shelf. My wife (girlfriend at the time), who is Jewish, uh, definitely did a double take and asked me if she should be concerned lol.

I read on the bus, and it sucks that a lot of publishers think/have thought it's OK to but a honking big hooked cross on the cover of any book that has to do with Nazis or Germany during the second world war in general. Like, I know the book is about resistance fighters and was written by an East-German communist, or whatever, but I don't want to get looks. Especially when the worst-case scenario is someone who likes the symbol thinking they should talk to me. e: To be honest, most of my problematic-cover books are thrillers about dudes going around hunting and killing nazis, not real literature, and it's not always a hooked cross. But I don't want to read this in public:

Then again, one time I was reading Herzl at a bar and someone asked me if I was a Nazi, based on the name of the book. :shrug:

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Apr 12, 2023

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/McMullenForMO/status/1645859263066132500?s=20

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

quote:

isn’t there a 3:10 to Yuma you need to rob?

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Imagine making 19th century facial hair and a fashy haircut your whole identity and then passing laws to limit how other people form their identities

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gamergate chic

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Incel N°5

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

That pfp looks like it's about to explain to me why Rey from Star Wars is male genocide

https://twitter.com/mrtanistry/status/1645810382152388609

Biden skipping the coronation to spend a week in Ireland trolling Ulstermen is objectively hilarious

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

That's George Santos with ridiculously false false whiskers.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

zoux posted:

That pfp looks like it's about to explain to me why Rey from Star Wars is male genocide

https://twitter.com/mrtanistry/status/1645810382152388609

Biden skipping the coronation to spend a week in Ireland trolling Ulstermen is objectively hilarious

I thought he impugned the dignity of St Louis's favorite cheese for a minute there.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

And it's down Along the Falls Road, that's where I long to be,
Lying in the dark with a Provo Joempany

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Come out ye spray on tans
Come out and fight me like a man

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Guavanaut posted:

Come out ye spray on tans
Come out and fight me like a man

:wow:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEjEGbAFzJU&t=196s

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

man looks like he's about to drop a "chap-hop" album called "down the old plantation"

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
He looks like his highest wish is being able to address waitstaff as "boy"

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Dude looks like he's about to explain what ephebophilia is to you

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1646190530479415299

The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout 'BUY BUD LIGHT!'...and I'll look down and whisper 'No.”

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

I bet AB InBev is shaking in their boots, what with literally hundreds of sexually frustrated hillbillies refusing to buy their beer. How ever shall they survive such a grave threat?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

PT6A posted:

I bet AB InBev is shaking in their boots, what with literally hundreds of sexually frustrated hillbillies refusing to buy their beer. How ever shall they survive such a grave threat?

Yeah I hope they like Zima

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

zoux posted:

I think pretty much all the major booze companies are ostensibly pro-LGBTQ because, as it turns out, a lot of people in that community drink -- and probably more, preferring higher-margin premium brands (not to rely too much on stereotypes), compared to a bunch of shitkickers in Bumfuck, Iowa whose idea of a good time is a Kid Rock concert.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
I've seen studies that say that alcohol consumption per capita is slightly higher among gays and lesbians than straights though I don't know how good that data is.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

PT6A posted:

I think pretty much all the major booze companies are ostensibly pro-LGBTQ because, as it turns out, a lot of people in that community drink -- and probably more, preferring higher-margin premium brands (not to rely too much on stereotypes), compared to a bunch of shitkickers in Bumfuck, Iowa whose idea of a good time is a Kid Rock concert.

It's the better bet, because it makes the brand look better to non-shitheads, and the shitheads will be back drinking bud light in a couple weeks anyway.

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

zoux posted:

Is that just a picture of lovely beer in general, or are those the brands of Bud? If so they're really cornering the market.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/shoe0nhead/status/1645989196312477696?s=20

AvesPKS
Sep 26, 2004

Eh he's got young kids and I've made this slip before. He's vile and there's plenty of stuff to criticize him for, but I don't see this as particularly egregious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016

AvesPKS posted:

Eh he's got young kids and I've made this slip before. He's vile and there's plenty of stuff to criticize him for, but I don't see this as particularly egregious.

Actually Reagan and Pence both used to call their wives that