Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

smellmycheese posted:

You honestly could not make up the upper class cunts who write columns for the telegraph

https://twitter.com/brokenbottleboy/status/1645710661689790466?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg
The rightful heir is Bophades.

Amazing how these people can think that reparations for things that happened 60 years ago are based in 'envy' or 'wokeness' and then warble on about how king shitface the cunth was unfairly robbed 550 years ago.

The Romanovs were the only imperial family who got what they actually deserved, removed from existence and buried behind a woodshed. This can be evidenced by the lack of their stupid poo poo in the papers whining about how they were somehow badly done by. Thus to all dynasties.

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Ah yes, mortgage guarantees for new homeowners. The fresh new ideas of *checks notes* George W. Bush.
Blair copied Reagan's tax credits, so it's about par for the course that New New Labour would be Junior Bush Lites.

e: ASCII includes definitions for 128 characters, and can be fully encoded by the Code 128 barcode. Here's some rabbits

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Apr 11, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Meanwhile in the tabloids…

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/paul-gascoigne-disappeared-loo-after-29678505

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

king shitface the cunth was unfairly robbed

new thread title?

Convex fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Apr 11, 2023

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Shocked as the golliwog landlord who is now being defended by Braverman turns out to actually be... a huge bigot?? :monocle:

https://twitter.com/thetwerkinggirl/status/1645505496009302016

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Also relevant

https://twitter.com/sundersays/status/1645476919603757078

and:

https://twitter.com/lorrainemking/status/1645698977172520960

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Apr 11, 2023

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
Everyone is missing the most hosed up part of that guy's FB post: spelling the Libyan dictator's name "Muanmar Kadaffi."

Send that sicko to prison for good.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Guavanaut posted:

The Romanovs were the only imperial family who got what they actually deserved, removed from existence and buried behind a woodshed.

Regardless of what Tsar Nicholas and his antecedents did, I'm not happy with people speaking favourably about the murder of children.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Jedit posted:

Regardless of what Tsar Nicholas and his antecedents did, I'm not happy with people speaking favourably about the murder of children.

It's certainly not something to celebrate, but it's an inherent cruelty of hereditary aristocracy. You read any ancient Chinese literature, for instance, and it's astounding how utterly casual they are about total family exterminations as an appropriate way to deal with badly-behaving nobles.

Ironically, though, the way China dealt with its last emperor was rather charmingly humane in comparison.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

It's nice to see this reported about on sky news
https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1645678794861080578

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

Ah yes, mortgage guarantees for new homeowners. The fresh new ideas of *checks notes* George W. Bush.

I can't imagine the 'first dibs' rule would ever work under any circumstances.

first dib to get gazorpazunkled

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

fuctifino posted:

Excited for all the 'butt as a percentage of' replies.

But those people never do the same thing for the children, otherwise the "targeting white girls" narrative would disappear into the ether.

Relative number of Asian men targetting absolute numbers of white girls is a very important narrative for them to hold, for reasons.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

If you speak to some people, Jimmy saville was born Jamal Sajid and moved straight from kabul to abuse children.

The lengths some people go to to excuse any amount of abuse from white abusers (look at tommy robinsons nonce crew for instance) but will bizarrely latch onto a single taxi driver raping someone because they're muslim or simply "asian" for months as evidence that theyre all wrong'uns. Not racist at all, definitely. Just asking questions.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Darth Walrus posted:

It's certainly not something to celebrate, but it's an inherent cruelty of hereditary aristocracy. You read any ancient Chinese literature, for instance, and it's astounding how utterly casual they are about total family exterminations as an appropriate way to deal with badly-behaving nobles.

Ironically, though, the way China dealt with its last emperor was rather charmingly humane in comparison.

If you were utterly incompetent and let the rebels walk all over you without putting up much of a fight you got to retire to become the Marquis of Bumfuck in perpetuity. Being overly competent or irritating is what got your family exterminated.

Which probably explains the state of the aristocracy these days.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Yeah, I know that it happened. That didn't make it good, and in fact was one of the things that it's worth hating the aristocracy for. And as you say, it was inherent to hereditary aristocracy. Communism was meant to be replacing it, not imitating it.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

fuctifino posted:

It was grimly ironic to see that - about a day after Braverman and Sunak were spewing this lie - over a dozen white middle-aged arse-faced cunts got sentenced for running a paedophile ring.
But sure, it's Pakistani men who are the problem.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Guavanaut posted:

Shocked as the golliwog landlord who is now being defended by Braverman turns out to actually be... a huge bigot?? :monocle:

https://twitter.com/thetwerkinggirl/status/1645505496009302016

Ironic that a man complaining about people taking offence talks positively about Mary Whitehouse of all people.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

kingturnip posted:

It was grimly ironic to see that - about a day after Braverman and Sunak were spewing this lie - over a dozen white middle-aged arse-faced cunts got sentenced for running a paedophile ring.
But sure, it's Pakistani men who are the problem.

Even more so in that they and Patel are gladly selling out their own people to appeal to the racist Tory base who will hate them anyway.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Ironic that a man complaining about people taking offence talks positively about Mary Whitehouse of all people.
Ah but Whitehouse never complained about the racism in British television, she only complained about sex.

quote:

Anyway, here’s the interesting bit about this look-over-your-shoulder joke about racist jokes: It didn’t start out as a joke about the telling of racist jokes. It started out as a joke about the telling of “dirty” jokes. People were telling this joke before I was born, but back then, it started “How does every dirty joke begin?”

Back in the time of an earlier generation, it was raunchy or sexual jokes that were generally acknowledged to be shameful — that kind of jokes you wanted to avoid getting caught telling around certain people. The subject of sex was taboo in polite company and jokes about sex were likely to meet with condemnation, disapproval, and some form of social consequences. But while sex jokes were mostly off-limits back then, racist jokes weren’t.

Something changed. And the thing that changed was far larger, far more significant, than my trivial example here of this joke.

What changed was our idea of right and wrong — our categories of moral and immoral.
The "everyone is offended these days, I say offendedly" routine has always been about undoing both sides of that moral change.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jedit posted:

What happens when you execute one royal? His son takes the crown back when you die because you failed to setup a proper succession. Execute the King & his wife and spend the next 20 years at war until his brother is crowned. Don't execute the King and then later gets appointed by the Japanese to head their puppet state.

I think if they could have kept the kids alive and raised them to be good party members (sort of like the CCP managed with Puyi) they would have but easy to say that when you haven't been invaded on practically all sides by enemies of your regimes mere existence. The White's captured Yekaterinburg within...I forget exact dates because the fate of the Tsar's family has never been the most interesting part of the civil war period to me but it was about a week after the executions. The Bolsheviks didn't have control of the Trans-Siberian at that point because the Czech Legion were in control, on their way home the long way round. Sort of limits your options. Instantly give the counter-revolutionaries Alexei and an instant unifying symbol to rally around at a point when various generals egos were getting in the way (even to this day some legitimists refuse to acknowledge his dad taking him out of the line of succession, so you think Kolchak et al wouldn't use him as such?) Seems like a bad choice if you care about the revolution not ending.

I dunno, in the crimes of the Bolsheviks, being overly zealous in snuffing out the royal dynasty isn't one I'm overly fussed about. Revolutions are unavoidably messy. Atrocities will happen on all sides, including innocent kids dying.

Curious though, how old could they be before you were less bothered by their deaths? The girls were between 17 & 22, Alexei was in his early teens. So when is the cut off that you can speak happily about someone's murder? Is it just Anna & Alexei you feel bad for?

(It's a stupid question so don't answer it, but also it could be an interesting discussion.)

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Apr 11, 2023

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Jedit posted:

Even more so in that they and Patel are gladly selling out their own people to appeal to the racist Tory base who will hate them anyway.

Sunak and Braverman are both Indian, though, by heritage.
I bet they'll both get along grand with Modi.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

MeinPanzer posted:

Everyone is missing the most hosed up part of that guy's FB post: spelling the Libyan dictator's name "Muanmar Kadaffi."

Send that sicko to prison for good.

too right

it should have been a misspelling of burma

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Bofama Qadhdhafi, de facto leader of Ligma from 1969.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Economy doing worse than the one sanctioned by everyone on earth :britain:

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

From a couple of weeks ago: this was in the Heil money today, is it the kind of thing you've been seeing?

£37.3k pa pension to be comfortable!! Who are they kidding! (And this is for a SINGLE person not even a couple).

I'm 38 and this is giving me extreme anxiety.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

sinky posted:

also the u.k. being a net energy exporter somehow doing worse than germany who just had their main cheap gas pipeline “explode on its own”

Barrel Cactaur
Oct 6, 2021

sinky posted:

Russia and China lie about their internal economies a lot so massive grain of salt.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
I've been lucky enough to build up what I thought was a decent pension pot by my mid-50s, certainly more than the average amount. Put it into the Pension Wise calculator to see what it might produce in retirement, and :stare: .

If I had twice as much in it as I do now, then it might just scrape 'moderate' when I retire. Pension funds are an absolute joke, because they can charge whatever they want in fees, if you're not pumping money into them each month they shrink - and even then they're at the mercy of stock market fluctuations. Example: my pension with Reassure has lost £5k in value since I last checked it maybe two months ago. Utter shite.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

my pension plan is that I'm a member of generation Z and we are not gona make it lol

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

Nilbop posted:

I'm going for the 'Die in the climate wars' retirement plan.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

smellmycheese posted:

You honestly could not make up the upper class cunts who write columns for the telegraph

https://twitter.com/brokenbottleboy/status/1645710661689790466?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

I don't understand what she's complaining about. The rules of who is king are the same as they ever were. Uncle Dickie lost the throne fair and square, if her brother wants it he can raise an army and take it.

Monarchy is very democratic in that way. Anyone, no matter their background, who is able and willing to kill everyone who opposes them has the same opportunity to sit on the throne.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/status/1645771124788084737

quote:

Dominic Raab could potentially face proceedings for contempt of court after high court judges ruled that he acted unlawfully by stopping prison and probation staff in England and Wales from recommending whether a prisoner was fit for release or transfer to open conditions.
:toot:

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
The last few years haven't been kind to my pension pot. After it finally recovered from COVID, Putin and all rhe other financial issues have wiped out any growth from the last two years.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Nilbop posted:

Payndz posted:

I've been lucky enough to build up what I thought was a decent pension pot by my mid-50s, certainly more than the average amount. Put it into the Pension Wise calculator to see what it might produce in retirement, and :stare: .

If I had twice as much in it as I do now, then it might just scrape 'moderate' when I retire. Pension funds are an absolute joke, because they can charge whatever they want in fees, if you're not pumping money into them each month they shrink - and even then they're at the mercy of stock market fluctuations. Example: my pension with Reassure has lost £5k in value since I last checked it maybe two months ago. Utter shite.

Almost no one has that kind of big money in that infogram, as noted the figures are bigger than the average working income.
The only pensioners I know with anything like approaching that kind of dosh are widows whose husbands had large life insurance policies pay up when they died or divorcees who got the house and did not marry toyboys from Egypt or Ghana to spend it all on.
Apparently the average weekly pensioner total income (2017/18 figures) is about £304 per week

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Lots of nice old ladies who know that castor beans can create an extract that has no taste in tea and causes symptoms indistinguishable from a serious flu but untreatable and fatal within a week, living their lives in the comfortable column of the Daily Mail.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Guavanaut posted:

Lots of nice old ladies who know that castor beans can create an extract that has no taste in tea and causes symptoms indistinguishable from a serious flu but untreatable and fatal within a week, living their lives in the comfortable column of the Daily Mail.

Considering that 100% of old ladies have read some Agatha Christies, this is probably more prevalent than one might think

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I looked up the article and the numbers come from the Pensions and Lifetime Savings Association, who represent a number of pension funds worth a combined £1.3 trillion. If you were a cynical sort you might think they have an incentive beyond concern for people's comfort in old age in convincing you to put as much cash at possible into private pensions.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I have no pension and haven't worked or claimed any kind of benefits for the last 10 years, exactly how hosed am I?

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Considering that 100% of old ladies have read some Agatha Christies, this is probably more prevalent than one might think

Don't doxx me.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I have no pension and haven't worked or claimed any kind of benefits for the last 10 years, exactly how hosed am I?

I'd suggest watching the ITV production of Agatha Christie's Poirot. David Suchet is having the most fun pretending to be Belgian and you will learn a lot about getting hold of inheritances not intended for you. Watch out for little, stout men with funny accents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

You need 10 years of NI contributions to get the state pension and 35 years to get the full one.