Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

The Demilich posted:

Havana syndrome sounds like utter bullshit. I'm open to being wrong though.

I like the theory that it's actually related to how they slammed a shitload of different vaccines, some of which have some gnarly side effects, into the new staff all at once. That made the staff freak the gently caress out which then perpetuates it psychosomatically with an assist from the real side effects from the vaccinations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Azathoth posted:

I like the theory that it's actually related to how they slammed a shitload of different vaccines, some of which have some gnarly side effects, into the new staff all at once. That made the staff freak the gently caress out which then perpetuates it psychosomatically with an assist from the real side effects from the vaccinations.

This would make a pretty sweet movie. like heart of darkness but it’s a Cuban vila full of drugged out racist spooks.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

it would be very funny and on brand if the US's first successfully reverse engineered bird tech is an emf jammer that cooks their minions' brains

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

man
I want a new aitee

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

be the aitee you wish to see in the world

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

man
I want a new aitee

*dire straits guitar noises*

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

I was looking into this because I was curious what the gently caress you meant by "metapod".

Madrid, Spain. 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KoVICnyrT4

Hahaha what the fuuuck

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

man
I want a new aitee

you want the good aitee, but you need the bad pnussy

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

man
I want a new aitee

I want a new bird
One that won't cook my head
One that won't go too fast
Or steal me out of my bed

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I want a new gray
One that won't make me sick
One that won't disable my car
Or put me in a cell three feet thick

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

dammit

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

XD

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

I was looking into this because I was curious what the gently caress you meant by "metapod".

Madrid, Spain. 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KoVICnyrT4

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?
One that won't leave me helpless, wondering what to do
One that makes me feel the way I feel when I'm with Lue

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

One that won't leave me helpless, wondering what to do
One that makes me feel the way I feel when I'm with Lue

I'm hearing the guitar in my head, magic

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

While looking further into the metapod I saw some people mentioning that it reminded them of the Monterrey 2006 sighting.

Video on that, complete with a Neil Tyson type mocking the whole situation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEHJI-ni0lI

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

hopin and prayin that every NDT brain gets havana syndromed

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

man
I want a new aitee

Feels like the reality writers are just coasting on the success of the space trash mini series.

As an aside I'm starting to have some concerns about the validity of this new generation of TV bird guys like Lue.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SKULL.GIF posted:

While looking further into the metapod I saw some people mentioning that it reminded them of the Monterrey 2006 sighting.

so my initial assessment of it being an advanced wing suit isn’t too far off.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

Tekne posted:

hopin and prayin that every NDT brain gets havana syndromed

:same:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

Feels like the reality writers are just coasting on the success of the space trash mini series.

As an aside I'm starting to have some concerns about the validity of this new generation of TV bird guys like Lue.

for real though I'll settle for a Richard Dolan book at this point, I'm desperate

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

naledi cave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE9bws8XIqE

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

this is very good, thanks

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

This is gonna be a weird first post in this thread.

So, I have some odd memories from childhood. I never thought much of them until the last year or so, just a "kids have the weirdest ideas" type thing. But I've been thinking about them more the last couple of years for some reason.

These mostly come from age 3-4 I'm pretty sure, but also had weirdness going on until I was like 12 or 13.

So my first memory, I was in the top bunk of a bunk bed. My older brother had the bottom bunk for some reason. I was watching the ceiling when it suddenly turns, like, into a kaleidoscope of colors. All shifting and changing. I remember this shade of blue-green being most prominent?

Out of the colors i could see a face. Brown, wrinkled skin. Large, black eyes. I had a sense of peace and tranquility. Then nothing else.

The next one is in the same house. I'm in the bottom bunk this time. There are several little men in my room. I think they are Grey and they have the large black eyes. They are talking to one another about something and then realize I'm listening in. They admonish me for this and I fall asleep.

These are really the only two alien adjacent things I remember. My oldest brother remembers a "demon" that used to visit him as a child, though. We grew up in a very religious family and I kind of wonder if his demon might have been something like what I saw.

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

yeah if anyone could find a party balloon that looks like that it'd ease a lot of anxiety because that fucker is weird as all hell

https://www.instructables.com/10-minute-trash-bag-hot-air-balloons/ maybe? like a paper fire balloon but also it dribbles flaming molten plastic from the sky as soon as the wind hits it the wrong way

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

SerSpook posted:

So, I have some odd memories from childhood. I never thought much of them until the last year or so, just a "kids have the weirdest ideas" type thing. But I've been thinking about them more the last couple of years for some reason.

These mostly come from age 3-4 I'm pretty sure, but also had weirdness going on until I was like 12 or 13.

So my first memory, I was in the top bunk of a bunk bed. My older brother had the bottom bunk for some reason. I was watching the ceiling when it suddenly turns, like, into a kaleidoscope of colors. All shifting and changing. I remember this shade of blue-green being most prominent?

Out of the colors i could see a face. Brown, wrinkled skin. Large, black eyes. I had a sense of peace and tranquility. Then nothing else.

The next one is in the same house. I'm in the bottom bunk this time. There are several little men in my room. I think they are Grey and they have the large black eyes. They are talking to one another about something and then realize I'm listening in. They admonish me for this and I fall asleep.

These are really the only two alien adjacent things I remember. My oldest brother remembers a "demon" that used to visit him as a child, though. We grew up in a very religious family and I kind of wonder if his demon might have been something like what I saw.

not sure how to respond to this but thank you for posting it

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

SerSpook posted:

Man, if I were in your position I'd both really want to know what that was all about but also really not want to know what that was all about lol

I saw two small figures in my bedroom once when I was 17 or 18 but they were just silhouettes, I couldn't make out any details. It was very likely sleep paralysis anyway, given the terror and confusion I felt - how did you feel the second time round? Were you afraid?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Barry Foster posted:

Man, if I were in your position I'd both really want to know what that was all about but also really not want to know what that was all about lol

I saw two small figures in my bedroom once when I was 17 or 18 but they were just silhouettes, I couldn't make out any details. It was very likely sleep paralysis anyway, given the terror and confusion I felt - how did you feel the second time round? Were you afraid?

The second time I was frightened but not intensely so? Like i was caught doing something i shouldnt. I've remembered these events my whole life, but never shared them or really thought to consider them in any context until a year or two ago.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

that was awesome thank you

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

i had a nightmare once back when i was young enough to be sharing a room with my little sis. i would be about 8 and she 6. but the walls all lit up and then long thin people started coming through them and i screamed the goddam house down

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

this is awesome
I can't wait for the new book

Just what were you up to in those caves, Naledi

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
https://twitter.com/jaimemaussan1/status/1645853060676177921

quote:

level 1
StatementBot
ModModerator Achievement ·
15 hr. ago
· Stickied comment

The following submission statement was provided by /u/purplewarp:

Translation of twitter thread by GPT4.

Title: First-hand Account of UAP Sighting in Antioquia, Colombia

I would like to share with you all an interesting account of a recent UAP sighting in Antioquia, Colombia. The event took place on May 12th, 2022, involving a Cessna T303 Crusader piloted by Jorge A. Arteaga.

According to Jorge A. Arteaga, the object observed was not a balloon of any type, not a drone, and not any known object to him. He recorded a video of the sighting, which has been confirmed to be authentic. Arteaga recounts that the object was first seen floating stationary at a specific point between Medellin and Santa Fe. He and his co-pilot, Daniel, were flying towards Medellin when they noticed the object.

As they approached the UAP, it suddenly moved towards them, prompting Arteaga to ask Daniel if he saw and heard it. Arteaga then turned the plane around, capturing the first video of the stationary object. As he was filming, the object moved slightly, and he began to "hunt" it with the aircraft. At this point, the UAP started moving towards them.

Arteaga managed to avoid the object while flying at a speed of 130 to 140 knots, which is roughly over 300 kilometers per hour. He noted that had the object been a balloon, the aircraft's wake would have blown it away or disrupted its position. He also ruled out the possibility of it being a solar or helium balloon, as the sighting occurred at 12,500 feet with temperatures around 5 degrees Celsius.

Arteaga expressed fear during the encounter, insisting that the object was neither a balloon, a drone, nor any known object to him. The full interview will be broadcasted on Tercer Milenio 360 Internacional by Maussan TV on YouTube and TV Azteca.

This UAP sighting has been closely followed by researchers worldwide, who have analyzed the images using highly-qualified processes and determined the video to be real and legitimate, as confirmed by pilot Jorge Alcántara.

The videos shared by Jorge A. Alcántara are available in this thread for all researchers and digital analysts who have been following the case, to confirm their findings. The international UAP community is expected to endorse the general verdict, which, based on published analyses by various experts, points to a non-human origin for this extraordinary UAP sighting.

Check out that thread for another video - it's much less obvious but it looks like there's something in the distance making some pretty crazy movements

Also, another video from 2020 from the same area This one looks more like the ol cube-in-a-sphere
https://twitter.com/PelicandelaN/status/1224159931898777600

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
UAP... not a UFO

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

So Medellin is some sort of hot spot? Weird.

I'm looking forward to that interview, was it last night? Should be uploaded soon.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

none of the ufos are unidentified because we have clearly identified them as what they are - content

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

SKULL.GIF posted:

So Medellin is some sort of hot spot? Weird.

I'm looking forward to that interview, was it last night? Should be uploaded soon.
it is one of the birds' mountain strongholds

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

yeah if anyone could find a party balloon that looks like that it'd ease a lot of anxiety because that fucker is weird as all hell

I don't think this one is a ballon but the irregular shape makes me think some kind of debris. It doesn't look animated, rather it's falling and it's odd shape is making it move irregularly in the air currents. Again, it doesn't look balloon like but seems low density from the way it's being pushed around in the air. Maybe plastic or composite from a plane or a fragment of fuel tank from a re-entering rocket. I like this one because it's not an obvious silver foil balloon like 90% of the other videos we get.

Human.Frank
Jun 2, 2022

SerSpook posted:

The second time I was frightened but not intensely so? Like i was caught doing something i shouldnt. I've remembered these events my whole life, but never shared them or really thought to consider them in any context until a year or two ago.

Is there some reason you started thinking about these things a year or two ago? Did anything set it off or did these memories just resurface one day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://www.congress.gov/event/117t...nd%20%0Aweapons

quote:

[...]
Chairman Yarmuth. All right, everyone, the sound on the
live stream is back up. We will continue where we left off. The
Ranking Member will have seven minutes for questioning.

Mr. Smith. Thank you, Mr. Chairman.

As you could imagine, the American people probably share my
concern that we have a system wide outage when I am asking
questions about UFOs, and whether it is the Chinese or the
Russians or it is actually people in other places. So, let us
try to ask this UFO question again and see if the systems will
hold up.

Under Secretary McCord, there has been a lot of discussion
recently regarding unidentified aerial phenomena, UAPs,
harassing U.S. Navy pilots and exhibiting technological
advancements far beyond our current capabilities.

The Senate Intelligence Committee voted to require U.S.
intelligence agencies and DoD to compile a detailed public
analysis of all information collected on UAPs. Additionally, a
former top Pentagon intelligence official said the report could
range from revealing an unknown threat or military
vulnerability to there have been probes visiting our planet, or
anything in between.
Another top Pentagon official said that
dozens of UFOs appeared to have carried out some kind of
reconnaissance or surveillance of our nuclear technology and
weapons.

The UAP Task Force at DoD has stated its intention to
release an unclassified report on this matter by Friday. Will
the report provide the American people with answers on how we
plan to continue investigating and counter these phenomena?

Mr. McCord. I am familiar with the issue, and I understand
that the report is, as you describe, imminent. My colleague,
the Under Secretary for Intelligence and Security I know is
going to be reviewing--or has reviewed or is reviewing that
report this week. And so if the Committee does not receive that
report or is not--receive that information, we commit on behalf
of the Department to get that to you.

Again, I am not personally going to be chopping on that
report as the CFO, but I am aware that it is moving and it has
been discussed with DoD officials that are in the intelligence
area.

Mr. Smith. Do you believe this report will reveal any
serious national security threats that the American people
should be aware of?

Mr. McCord. I can't say at this time. I have not been
briefed on the report myself. But I do understand that in the
intelligence channels, both the Director of National
Intelligence and then in the intelligence--Under Secretary of
Defense Department, it has been--it is being reviewed and is
expected to be released very soon, as you describe.

Mr. Smith. There is a lot of interest, and even more
interest as the days get closer.
[...]

This was from back in June 2021, so nothing has come of it thus far.