Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
in other news, move over pig balls it's time for bee ball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89G4Cu01TTc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

*hits pothole*

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Booty Pageant posted:

in other news, move over pig balls it's time for bee ball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89G4Cu01TTc

Driving in China would be world class if everyone had one of these in their car.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone see the whole big truck carrying a slightly sma slightly smaller truck like mommy and baby

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

quote:

Baidu sues Apple, app developers over fake Ernie bot apps

https://www.reuters.com/technology/baidu-sues-apple-app-developers-over-fake-ernie-bot-apps-2023-04-08/

Always ironic seeing headlines like this. Although, :wtf: is an Ernie bot?

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

You can tell some unfortunate sole is going to get arrested in Hong Kong selling or distributing these.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/punch-face-xi-caricature-taiwan-air-force-badge-goes-viral-2023-04-10/

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

chat-gpt with chinese characteristics

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
can chinagpt apply xi jingping thought to balenciaga???

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

MrMoo posted:

You can tell some unfortunate sole is going to get arrested in Hong Kong selling or distributing these.

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/punch-face-xi-caricature-taiwan-air-force-badge-goes-viral-2023-04-10/

These are awesome. :allears:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Already in use by the Taiwan air force.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Excellent. :golfclap:

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
My friend in tech had dinner with a Chinese tech CEO and he was told there's no way China can come up with a chat AI. A Chinese AI can't even count to 10 because 89 is banned.

Honestly can't tell if that was a joke or he was serious. Maybe 70% serious and 30% joke.

Baddog
May 12, 2001

bamhand posted:

My friend in tech had dinner with a Chinese tech CEO and he was told there's no way China can come up with a chat AI. A Chinese AI can't even count to 10 because 89 is banned.

Honestly can't tell if that was a joke or he was serious. Maybe 70% serious and 30% joke.

China has implemented a nearly universal digital currency, launched their own space station, developed pretty good autonomous navigation, huge surveillance footage search systems.... all without using any inauspicious numbers in their code. It's pretty amazing. Their keyboards don't even have the number 4 on them. They have to type (8/2) every time.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
So what happens when you ask Chinese chatgpt to summarize 6-4? Or various other banned topics?

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Baddog posted:

China has implemented a nearly universal digital currency, launched their own space station, developed pretty good autonomous navigation, huge surveillance footage search systems.... all without using any inauspicious numbers in their code. It's pretty amazing. Their keyboards don't even have the number 4 on them. They have to type (8/2) every time.

its possible for French-speakers to learn mathematics so this actually checks out

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

bamhand posted:

The Chinese will neve know why six is afraid of seven...

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

bamhand posted:

So what happens when you ask Chinese chatgpt to summarize 6-4? Or various other banned topics?

I think it was a joke.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
ChatJPT (Jinping Thought)

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Stink Billyums posted:

ChatJPT (Jinping Thought)

Everyone who asks questions instead of praising the Emperor gets flagged as an enemy of the Party

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

ephex posted:

Seven was taken away for reeducation, and thanks to China's superior system of effective criminal justice is now a happy and productive member of society, so there is no need

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
None has apologized for hurting the feelings of the Chinese people

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Borscht posted:

None has apologized for hurting the feelings of the Chinese people

I’m sorry. I’m sorry any Chinese people were hurt either through my action or my inaction.

There, apology is done, we can all move on.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

ephex posted:

China has advanced far beyond us in number pun technology.

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

Darkest Auer posted:

Everyone who asks questions instead of praising the Emperor gets flagged as an enemy of the Party

Did I hear "party"?

*busts through the wall of the Politburo with super soakers akimbo filled with baijiu*

Baddog
May 12, 2001

bamhand posted:

It'll give you the right answer, but you have to type "what is 6-(8/2)" because your keyboard doesn't have the 4.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is the right answer that nothing of note happened that day?

Baddog
May 12, 2001

bamhand posted:

Is the right answer that nothing of note happened that day?

"Are your organs in good condition?"

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
What if you get 893 dealt to you in cards, maybe just leave China altogether.

Baddog
May 12, 2001
Hey, lookit this huge dirt storm hitting Beijing today!

goddamnit lol, loving whooshed

Baddog fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Apr 11, 2023

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

bamhand posted:

We'll have to see, but I'm imagining this never gets released as just a pure model (not that gpt3 or 4 are either, the open in OpenAI is mostly a lie)

And in that case they don't just control the model, they control the code around the model. I don't think, when dealing with models of this size, it's really possible to keep the model from learning things you don't want it to learn like that, it's just too much training data to completely filter.

But if it's trained on mostly simplified Chinese stuff it's gonna be somewhat already censored because the simplified Chinese stuff mostly is, it'll have a million examples of the "acceptable" narrative and less of the other one. And I'm sure they've very explicitly overtrained it with acceptable narratives on other topics. This is basically what people mean when they say AI contains our biases, since it's trained on stuff we wrote it's got our biases, and it would be different biases trained mostly on Chinese text.

That's how ChatGPT is censored, to make it so it will always answer, like, "is it ever ok to bully someone?" With "it is never ok to bully anyone!" Even if you're asking it "is it ok to bully Hitler in the early 20th century if it prevents the Holocaust." The training process just had a poo poo ton of those types of questions they wanted to censor and they just trained and trained and trained it on answering those questions with "bullying is never ok."

But that's also why you can break through it on ChatGPT, you have to ask it questions in ways that make it ignore that part of its training data. So you could do it with this too.

So, I guess that they can try to detect if it's talking about a banned thing and filter the topic. Bing AI does it this way, which is why sometimes you'll see it start typing the answer then suddenly it will erase it and instantly say "I don't wanna talk about that! Start a new conversation!" I think, with Bing, it's another AI that's a sort of overseer, but you can do it in probably less good non-ai ways too.

There's also the fact that I'm absolutely sure it's gonna always use that real name signup thing in China and you'd have to be dumb as gently caress to ask it questions about that stuff knowing it's gonna be logged and analyzed.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Kharnifex posted:

What if you get 893 dealt to you in cards, maybe just leave China altogether.

Either that or go on wacky adventures in Kamurocho.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

bamhand posted:

you got so loving owned

Imperialist Dog
Oct 21, 2008

"I think you could better spend your time on finishing your editing before the deadline today."
\
:backtowork:
I think I followed WANIMAL on Twitter, in 2019 he started posting a lot of "hope all ungrateful Hong Kong running dogs die" rhetoric.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

WarpedNaba posted:

Either that or go on wacky adventures in Kamurocho.

I recently interviewed gaming legend Andy Chambers and he said Yakuza game series taught him everything he knows about Japan!

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.

Kharnifex posted:

I recently interviewed gaming legend Andy Chambers and he said Yakuza game series taught him everything he knows about Japan!

How many kotoba does his pinku bento have?

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

His would be bronze with red metal spikes, and have 8 kotoba as it's the sacred number of khorne

Rabelais D
Dec 11, 2012

ts'u nnu k'u k'o t'khye:
A demon doth defecate at thy door
Anyone know why the "fast" train from Shenzhen to Kunming went from about seven hours to eight and a half? I swear a lot of the G and D trains seem to be running slower for some reason. Kunming to Lijiang used to be three hours, it's four now!

Atopian
Sep 23, 2014

I need a security perimeter with Venetian blinds.
Simplest guesses would be track capacity enforcing delays or safety/tolerance changes enforcing lower maximum speeds, but no particular hard insight to offer.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Posted this in my home thread but it probably bears posting here. I went to Bai Long with the family on saturday.

It was really dope except for the lines which were probably 10% as bad as it could get and the loving old people that will just come up to rub my son's hair and take pictures of/with him. God knows what's on your hands. It was cute the first time but it's really starting to grate. People recognize him from strangers' tik-tok videos in the small city we're in and it's a bizarre loving feeling that he thankfully doesn't understand and barely notices.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
One more picture.

Only registered members can see post attachments!