Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Cypress Hill, I'm looking in your direction...

https://www.outkick.com/cypress-hil...hony-orchestra/

deoju fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Apr 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

You're out of talc!

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

:krust:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lol

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

:kstarehair:

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

I know this one's been brought up in the thread before, but drat was that episode prescient. I get that memes in the abstract sense have existed in the past, but it can't possibly have been to the extent that we've reached in the past 10 years.

This is basically an entire language that is spoken by probably a couple dozen thousand people, and it's loving wild

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Sentient Data posted:

I know this one's been brought up in the thread before, but drat was that episode prescient. I get that memes in the abstract sense have existed in the past, but it can't possibly have been to the extent that we've reached in the past 10 years.

This is basically an entire language that is spoken by probably a couple dozen thousand people, and it's loving wild

Yea, Cypress Hill is going to perform with the London Orchestra. Wild prescience

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

holy gently caress uncle wemus, you really outdid yourself with this fine crop

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq1iOtAmecs

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

This one got me

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Bodily Resurrection, at this time of year, at this time of day, in this part of the country, localized entirely within your religion

Yes

May i see it?

...Yes.

Skinner lets Chalmers put his hands in the wound

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Crossquotin’

Freemason Rush Week
Apr 22, 2006

from ball to tip, that's a :regd13:

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Answered his own question.

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

alright here’s the 4/11 folks

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

Christe Eleison posted:

alright here’s the 4/11 folks

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Speaking as someone who has had to deal with international date formats for a website: every single country displays dates differently, yours is not special, and they're all a pain in the rear end. The theoretically-standardized ISO 8601 format (yyyy-mm-dd, greatest->smallest order) is great where accepted (thanks Sweden!) but even it is pretty much always localized per country with all sorts of fun quirks like whether you're supposed to use dashes or slashes or the 年, 月, and 日 characters and so on. Fun fact, Thailand uses Buddhist Era years!

and of course in Canada the whole thing's flip-flopped (depending on all-numeric or long-form formatting)

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

loquacius posted:

and of course in Rand McNally the whole thing's flip-flopped

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Unix time only, please.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

goatface posted:

Swatch Internet time only, please.

This post was made at @746.22 .beats

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

goatface posted:

Unix time only, please.

I really can't believe we all measure time in units of 60, 60, either 24 or two sets of 12 depending on the country, then 7 to determine what days we work on, then some number between 28 and 31 with no set pattern and no relation to that 7 value, then 12 again. Not logical or intuitive at all. Much easier to just consider the number of seconds that have elapsed since midnight on January 1, 1970 as a raw integer really

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

loquacius posted:

I really can't believe we all measure time in units of 60, 60, either 24 or two sets of 12 depending on the country, then 7 to determine what days we work on, then some number between 28 and 31 with no set pattern and no relation to that 7 value, then 12 again. Not logical or intuitive at all. Much easier to just consider the number of seconds that have elapsed since midnight on January 1, 1970 as a raw integer really

It is Tuesday January 19th 2038 one more second and aaahhh 1901 December 13th, a Friday. the year 2038 problem, no one wants to talk about it.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

pixaal posted:

It is Tuesday January 19th 2038 one more second and aaahhh 1901 December 13th, a Friday. the year 2038 problem, no one wants to talk about it.

That's a problem for future me to probably solve for whatever company I'm working for at that time.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

loquacius posted:

Just a really long winded way to say that time has no meaning anymore

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

pixaal posted:

Treehouse of horror 10 fully prepared me for the wonders of the computer age.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

You are NOT my friend for reactivating the part of my brain that knew about this.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

pixaal posted:

Is this going to be like Y2K, where the credit system failed overnight and nuclear missiles began to automatically launch themselves at their targets?

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Lone Goat posted:

Truly, the Esperanto of time

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

C is going to have to unfuck itself, but a lot of other software is already storing time as longs instead of integers.
Gets us somewhere from thousands to billions of years to solve the next iteration of the problem.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

King Carnivore posted:

Is this going to be like Y2K, where the credit system failed overnight and nuclear missiles began to automatically launch themselves at their targets?

Instead of solve the problem we kicked it down the road to 2038. The real thing is getting it to 64bit time which is good for another 200 billion years. Anything that can't have that updated though will forever be in 2038.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
The only date system that matters is the one that lets you put 4/20/69.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

loquacius posted:

and of course in Canada the whole thing's flip-flopped (depending on all-numeric or long-form formatting)

I lol'ed.

Haschel Cedricson
Jan 4, 2006

Brinkmanship

Happy 4/11.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4027060

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Thank you for reminding me about izwf tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

loquacius posted:

Look it all added up real smooth in cuneiform, kids these days just don't understand the ease of using base-60