Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
A magnificent Dan Hipp Killmonger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Pixel Miles Morales, to keep Pixel Vulture and Pixel Iron Fist company I guess.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

I got the 1800s Sera variant.

Better then Pixels

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Pixel Klaw :(

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

pixel absorbing man, jesus gently caress

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Snazzy Frocks posted:

pixel variants are the gatcha losers. you'd have to pay wayyy more to eliminate those from the mix

in that case, how much real $ would I have to spend to buy all the pixel variants

Doobie Keebler
May 9, 2005

I got a basic Sunspot variant. Not a pixel or baby so I’m ok with it. I think right now the only card I’m willing to spend tokens on is High Evolutionary next month. The only big bad I don’t have is Kang and that’s not exciting enough to spend tokens on. There are a few other cards I’d like but none I need.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

I got a slightly meaner looking Brood variant which is very :shrug:

but at least it's not a pixel and I just opened Kang out of a chest the other day so I don't think I can complain for a while (I don't expect to play him much but it's nice getting a perma S5 card and not having to ever think about spending tokens on him for "efficiency" or w/e)

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
I think it would be better if every week one card dropped to series 3 and one card dropped to series 4. This way most players would have something to look forward every week and not just people who can afford to buy the new series 5 cards on release.

Onehandclapping
Oct 21, 2010
I got this beautiful boy and I'm going to love him and cherish him.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Fate Accomplice posted:

in that case, how much real $ would I have to spend to buy all the pixel variants

given that $100 bucks would buy you 11.5 pixel variants straight up and theres god knows how many cards i would say divide the number of pixel variants by 11.5, multiply by $100 and then i dunno divide that by a factor by 4 or 5 or something to reach a compromise

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Baby Mister Sinister

All the baby variants look like Calvin & Hobbes

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Hobo Clown posted:

Baby Mister Sinister

All the baby variants look like Calvin & Hobbes

shuri baby looks like peanuts to me

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

DurosKlav posted:

Guessing you have to open the game on the phone to see the inbox? Because for some reason none of that stuff shows up on the PC version.

Doesn't show up on my phone either.

Cormack
Apr 29, 2009
Liefeld wannabe Zola. :rip:

parasyte
Aug 13, 2003

Nobody wants to die except the suicides. They're no fun.
honestly the pixel variants past the initial release batch aren't all that bad. that first batch which still makes the majority of them are mostly pretty bad though tbf

and the difference in the pixel variants makes them not really mesh well together for the most part, in addition to how the pixel art doesn't work with the rest of the game.

my free variant was a pixel Killmonger and that's a pretty decent variant. i already had venomized so i won't be using it but still.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Man the snowguard bear looks really good and the hawk seems… completely useless or even worse than bad considering it’s a 1/2 and will ignore stuff like +5 bonuses for 1 turn? Seriously what is the use of the hawk mode, does anyone have anything in mind?

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Oh and:

Sports Yondu

Naked Man Punch
Sep 13, 2008

They see me rollin';
they hatin'.
Ebony Maw surrounded by guns.

“Sure. Fine. Whatever.” - Dana Scully

Ellaybee
Jun 17, 2005

Pixel Magik. I don’t care what anyone says, with the exception of Sexay Pixel Hell Cow, every pixel variant is smoldering garbage.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Ellaybee posted:

Pixel Magik. I don’t care what anyone says, with the exception of Sexay Pixel Hell Cow, every pixel variant is smoldering garbage.

Pixel Modock would like to have a word with you...

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!
The art on Pixel Venom is somehow less ugly than the art on regular Venom, so that's the version that I use

Ellaybee
Jun 17, 2005

GarudaPrime posted:

Pixel Modock would like to have a word with you...

Oh, you mean the one that looks like a bug blasting blood from his b-hole? That one?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Ellaybee posted:

Oh, you mean the one that looks like a bug blasting blood from his b-hole? That one?

That's why it's good.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Snazzy Frocks posted:

given that $100 bucks would buy you 11.5 pixel variants straight up and theres god knows how many cards i would say divide the number of pixel variants by 11.5, multiply by $100 and then i dunno divide that by a factor by 4 or 5 or something to reach a compromise

I looked it up, MSZ lists 231 pixel variants.

So for about $2100 you can buy all of them.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
I got thanos with a butterfly variant :coal:

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

My Second Re-Reg posted:

I got

which would be awesome if anyone still used him.

They just teased on the discord that he may be getting a buff soon, so!

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011

Sandwolf posted:

I missed that green freak.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Pixel Thor. Thanks Ben Brode.

The variant I got from the season pass yesterday was also a pixel.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I got this version of Groot, which is not a card I ever see used much, but I'll take it over another pixel

https://marvelsnapzone.com/variants/groot-02/

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Really wanted to hit infinite before the balance changes and got there:

Thanos is just op. I resisted adding leech until 98 where I just hit a wall of seras and darkhawks and had no choice. In retrospect I should have turn 1 snapped whenever I started with mind stone in hand. This deck looks like it should be countered by a lot in the meta but the raw output can power through so much. Also if you space stone on 5 very few people will remember that it's active. 3 is the right number of galactus answers for this deck (Cosmo, Leech, Prof X - I tried running with 2 for a while and it wasn't enough).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Apr 11, 2023

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

No Wave posted:

Thanos is just op. I resisted adding leech until 98 where I just hit a wall of seras and darkhawks and had no choice. In retrospect I should have turn 1 snapped whenever I started with mind stone in hand. This deck looks like it should be countered by a lot in the meta but the raw output can power through so much. Also if you space stone on 5 very few people will remember that it's active. 3 is the right number of galactus answers for this deck (Cosmo, Leech, Prof X - I tried running with 2 for a while and it wasn't enough).

Does Prof X counters turn five Galactus? Is that the reasoning? Thanks for sharing the deck.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

I feel special. I havent had a pixel in awhile. Even the season pass variants and ranked variants have given me good cards the last 2 months.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

JackDarko posted:

Does Prof X counters turn five Galactus? Is that the reasoning? Thanks for sharing the deck.
He's useful for other stuff too but yeah if you know where galactus is going he's the hardest counter. He closes off lanes so sera can't hit monkey for a million and is a second copy of armor to protect ant-man and the stones. Really slick card, obviously he's dead sometimes but wins so many games. Opponents aren't always in a position to win both of the other lanes and he basically just wins if things go well. But you can imagine Thanos lists without prof X, you can't imagine thanos lists without dino.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Sandwolf posted:

I saw someone use him today. It wasnt even from a raft location!

EDIT: Holy poo poo right after I said that another one came in from a Jubilee.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Apr 12, 2023

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It happened!!!

I was all ready for it to be a tie, but boom, room for M'baku!

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

No Wave posted:

I really like the look of this deck. How well does it fare against Wong or Patriot? I've been having awful luck with Lockjaw recently, I keep getting my stones back instead of good cards - I'm taking a hiatus from the game until at least the balance update so I might build this once the patch drops

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Youremother posted:

I really like the look of this deck. How well does it fare against Wong or Patriot? I've been having awful luck with Lockjaw recently, I keep getting my stones back instead of good cards - I'm taking a hiatus from the game until at least the balance update so I might build this once the patch drops
It feels good, prof X really puts them in a rough position if they're on the ultron plan. Ofc if they super skrull you're in trouble. Only played vs it maybe five times so I can't be certain.

Wong you can just cosmo or prof X or leech I saw very little wong, wouldn't know what kind of deck they are.

It basically puts out a lot of stable power then sleazes wins with turn 4 leech or prof X in general, how matchups play out will vary a lot with locations and stuff.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Got Pixel Odin, this doesn't seem like a gift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

No Wave posted:

It feels good, prof X really puts them in a rough position if they're on the ultron plan. Ofc if they super skrull you're in trouble. Only played vs it maybe five times so I can't be certain.

Wong you can just cosmo or prof X or leech I saw very little wong, wouldn't know what kind of deck they are.

It basically puts out a lot of stable power then sleazes wins with turn 4 leech or prof X in general, how matchups play out will vary a lot with locations and stuff.

Excited. Wong and Patriot - especially Ultron Patrio - are some of my most hated decks to play against. Most of the problems with Wong tend to be them Zabuing out a quick Wong and getting a fast Hazmat or White Tiger combo from there. Not hard to shut down but you gotta be able to shut it down at all.