Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!
https://twitter.com/doctorow/status/1645520490797334530

Horatio Alger, the rhetorical underpinning for much of the American meritocracy narrative, wrote stories about how the route to success was becoming a rent boy. He also acted this out in his real life by first becoming a sex-pest minister and later adopting urchins to sexually abuse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

i mean, i'm guessing thats how milo and scott pressler got their starts

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

I routinely stick my tongue in little boys to prove I'm not a reincarnation of the Yellow King.

What? It's been our cultural greeting from all the way back when we got rid of communism.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://twitter.com/conzmoleman/status/1645514352986845190

I have a Jolyon-type reaction to seeing OSS.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Motherfuckers!

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

moller posted:

https://twitter.com/doctorow/status/1645520490797334530

Horatio Alger, the rhetorical underpinning for much of the American meritocracy narrative, wrote stories about how the route to success was becoming a rent boy. He also acted this out in his real life by first becoming a sex-pest minister and later adopting urchins to sexually abuse.

sections of the book “the invisible bridge “ go into detail how Reagan loved that dude.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

500excf type r posted:

Something something bill barrs father lol

when I first started listening to TrueAnon I described the show to someone irl and said brace too went to dalton, cause that's what he said on the show. I think about that moment and get embarrassed sometimes.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

awaiting the Brooke Dolan - John Dolan reveal

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

when I first started listening to TrueAnon I described the show to someone irl and said brace too went to dalton, cause that's what he said on the show. I think about that moment and get embarrassed sometimes.

BraCIA

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Seeing quite a few classic-style chemtrails the last couple of days complete with signature 'X' pattern :tinfoil:

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
not sure why everyone is so surprised, Dalai Lama translated literally is "Young Mouth"

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
https://twitter.com/jkultra23/status/1645620539942387714

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/jkultra23/status/1645623402680705024?s=20

Seven Years in Tibet is a 1997 American biographical war drama film directed by Jean-Jacques Annaud. It is based on Austrian mountaineer and Schutzstaffel (SS) sergeant Heinrich Harrer's 1952 memoir Seven Years in Tibet, about his experiences in Tibet between 1944 and 1951. Seven Years in Tibet stars Brad Pitt and David Thewlis, and has music composed by John Williams with a feature performance by cellist Yo-Yo Ma.

fanfic insert has issued a correction as of 21:07 on Apr 11, 2023

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
:trumppop:https://twitter.com/JFGariepy/status/1645780696756092929?s=20
https://twitter.com/steinkobbe/status/1645854323232985093?s=20

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Yeah, Pitt plays Harrer. In the movie Allied, Pitt's character falls in love with a Nazi spy and he loves her too much to kill her, even after learning she's a Nazi. :shobon:

He's a known abuser and a likely asset alongside ex-wife Jolie. Their Jolie-Pitt Foundation is worryingly interested in Haiti :tinfoil:

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

what the gently caress

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Yeah, Pitt plays Harrer. In the movie Allied, Pitt's character falls in love with a Nazi spy and he loves her too much to kill her, even after learning she's a Nazi. :shobon:

He's a known abuser and a likely asset alongside ex-wife Jolie. Their Jolie-Pitt Foundation is worryingly interested in Haiti :tinfoil:

didnt jolie basically kidnap a bunch of children and was celebrated as a philanthropist for it in the early 2000s

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

paul_soccer12 posted:

didnt jolie basically kidnap a bunch of children and was celebrated as a philanthropist for it in the early 2000s

Jolie West

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

involuntarily gasped

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

:prepop:

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

jolie a deux

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Hubbert posted:

what the gently caress

The lady who plays Eleven on Stranger Things got engaged, despite being 19 years old, and it's making pedophiles angry and/or show their entire asses

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
i wonder what george clooneys wife does with that spy satellite he bought her

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Toph Bei Fong posted:

The lady who plays Eleven on Stranger Things got engaged, despite being 19 years old, and it's making pedophiles angry and/or show their entire asses

I don't watch TV, so thank you for context.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Zodium posted:

it's on z-library

are they back already? the fbi decided they were too cool to exist

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
All the feds did was manage to hasten the creation of a mega-torrent of the entire library, which thousands of nerds have by now backed up locally. Piracy is so cool

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

mother... fucker?

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

Joffrey Epstine VI Foundation always reads as roman numerals on first scan. terrifying

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Motherfucker!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Isn't Jolie one of those actors who is famous for being famous but mostly stars in awful movies?

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Perry Mason Jar posted:

All the feds did was manage to hasten the creation of a mega-torrent of the entire library, which thousands of nerds have by now backed up locally. Piracy is so cool

yeah it’s cool

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Isn't Jolie one of those actors who is famous for being famous but mostly stars in awful movies?

no

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

shes famous because her dad is jon voight

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

holy poo poo :lmao:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://mobile.twitter.com/wesleysmorgan/status/1645805788752130050

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

"As you can see Director the process has a five percent chance of giving the subjects what the younger analysts insist on calling "mutant powers" and a one hundred percent chance of causing the subjects to rapidly stop collecting pensions."

Dr. Jerrold Coe
Feb 6, 2021

Is it me?

She's got chops and has had good roles thru the years but is one of those people who's so super famous now it's distracting

Ziggy Smalls
May 24, 2008

If pain's what you
want in a man,
Pain I can do

Havana syndrome is a nonconsensual gateway process

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Toph Bei Fong posted:

surprise surprise, she was also basically set up for grooming by her parents, including interest from Drake when she was like 15