Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

Excited to see the ones you make, so sure they will look exactly like the glamour shots of professional donuts you shared and not like complete dogshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I’m sorry that you’ve got that vibe I’m rooting for you

E: I’m re-reading the thread and my favorite part so far is when I posted the first batch of tailgate donuts and everyone lined up to kick me in the junk and call me Tim Allen.

Rationale fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Apr 9, 2023

Edgar Allan Pwned
Apr 4, 2011

Quoth the Raven "I love the power glove. It's so bad..."
is the taco bell across/around the lot youd get? or do you just love the cinna-holes they serve.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

this is straight up a line from anthony bourdain's first book in the chapter where he cashes checks as head chef while slowly watching a gay couple in over their head open a restaurant with insufficient planning and lose everything

Are you suggesting that OP may in fact be doing a Bit here?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Whatever could possibly have given you a crazy idea like that

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Do you mean itt or generally

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Yes

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Just gimme some donuts that make me feel weird looking at them

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

coconono posted:

Just gimme some donuts that make me feel weird looking at them

Like "Langford's Basilisk" weird or "something has awakened inside of me" weird?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
you can already buy long john's at most donut shops. just putting them out there, tempting you...

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

you can already buy long john's at most donut shops. just putting them out there, tempting you...

Goddamn I want a chocolate long john right now.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

CubicalSucrose posted:

Goddamn I want a chocolate long john right now.

Would those melt when you put them on?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Volmarias posted:

Like "Langford's Basilisk" weird or "something has awakened inside of me" weird?

Both

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
On the dvd he sets out like 8 dozen bars and then puts on gloves and with one ☝️ finger he stirs up the icing and then with his other hand he dunks the bar and then with his stir finger he wipes the bar one time and then he sets it down. Whole process is like a second per.

Then he takes his gloves off and handles trays again

It’s really slick you can do like a whole tree rack in a half hour

Also the bars are cut with one of those hand rollers and they don’t waste quite as bad as rings geometrically

The main strike against them in my mind is that they’re locally all over the place like you literally can’t find a grocery store that isn’t selling eighty cent “cream sticks” as they’re known here.

Then also the needle filler limits your options somewhat like you can’t make a bar into a sandwich quite so easily.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

You should play the Scott Steiner workout video on repeat when you’re selling donuts to inspire your workers

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Climate controlled work stations ergonomically designed processes shoe allowance free drinks on shift bangin sound system throughout and better pay

I see it often on Facebook where they’re like help I’m making money hand over fist but it’s taking all day and everyone who shows up to interview wants $15

Rationale fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Apr 12, 2023

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
lol if you're making money hand over fist maybe pay the people fifteen dollars an hour or whatever

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
That’s what I’m always screaming like something doesn’t add up if you’re killing it but you can’t afford to hire it out or automate it.

These fb groups have been a great resource lots of knowledge and wisdom obviously but also morale boosts like this person sells 3k a day and then they’ll ask the internet how to tell if a doctor note is real maybe I’ll be okay

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
most of those people who run like sole proprietor retail/food service joints are very good about posting (bookended) revenue numbers and terrible about understanding and managing costs

like ok you pull in 3k a day do you pull in (charitably, 250 open days) 750,000 a year in rev? no? hmmm :thunk:

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

My wife and her coworker went to a fancy donut place yesterday to get donuts for their team because they had to be in a 2.5 hour meeting. This is in Orlando but technically the donut place is in Winter Park. Anyway 12 donuts was $60 after tip. She brought home a regular glazed for me and yeah it was good but it wasn't $5 good. I know this place has weird donuts too but I tend to stick to glazed/old fashioned. If anything it was too sweet, too much glaze. Anyway that's my donut story.

Hey OP have you ever watched Restaurant Impossible? Basically every other episode is some guy with absolutely no restaurant experience who decides to open a restaurant because "people always gotta eat!" and then they fail horribly and even with the buzz of being on TV they can't climb out of the hole they got themselves in. Just thinking about that show no real reason.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Hell, there are a lot of genuinely good restaurants that go out of business pretty much the month their small-business subsidies run out, because they're run by a talented chef chasing their dream without the slightest clue how to run a sustainable business. That's what that article someone posted upthread was all about and it's a common story.

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Apr 14, 2023

blackmet
Aug 5, 2006

I believe there is a universal Truth to the process of doing things right (Not that I have any idea what that actually means).

Humerus posted:

Hey OP have you ever watched Restaurant Impossible? Basically every other episode is some guy with absolutely no restaurant experience who decides to open a restaurant because "people always gotta eat!" and then they fail horribly and even with the buzz of being on TV they can't climb out of the hole they got themselves in. Just thinking about that show no real reason.

Robert Irvine is going to have a field day with this donut shop one day.

It combines all of his favorite things: dilapidated buildings, amateur owners who know nothing about food costs, people who live in the rust belt, and probably not amazing food. And I don't think he's done a donut shop before, so that's a great hook too.

I'd watch.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Robert Irvine is too busy kissing his wife to yell at the blackbelt donut man

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I’m only a blue belt but I was still absolute expert champ that time

“You don’t know restaurant “ nobody knows a drat thing grow up

Rationale fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Apr 14, 2023

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.
the answer to the op's question is no

is this actually just a gimmick or do we have yet another goon in a well

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
A well of haters’ tears

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Who made those?

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

The X-man cometh posted:

Who made those?

I also want to know this, Rationale please give us the deets!

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

in order, a place in singapore: https://www.burpple.com/welovedelish
a recipe blog: https://bakingwithbutter.com/brioche-donuts/
an egg farm: https://www.peteandgerrys.com/egg-recipes/homemade-brioche-donuts
and another recipe blog: https://emilylaurae.com/blackberry-cream-brioche-doughnuts/

all look great though

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

Olesh posted:

the answer to the op's question is no

is this actually just a gimmick or do we have yet another goon in a well

I'm 99% sure this is intentional poo poo posting, and he's actively trying to post the worst possible ideas of what to do. It's the goons that don't realize that (and the 1% of me that's not totally sure) that makes this a thread that keeps on giving.

Shine on, you crazy diamond glazed donut!

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

haha dammit, when I ask a leading question about that right before you, it means I already know the answer. now we are deprived of the opportunity to watch him trip over his own baking sheet

good work though. might have to institute a new rule just for this thread about no posting of unattributed baked goods!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Rationale posted:

“You don’t know restaurant “ nobody knows a drat thing grow up

it's true, expertise isn't real, people don't know things

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
I didn’t build the Taco Bell either

E: I’ve clocked hundreds of hours of Korean bakery YouTube I’ll be an expert by the time we get open

E2: wait do normies have hobbies and interests that aren’t just kooky little demon cracker schemes

Rationale fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Apr 15, 2023

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Please just post pictures of your own donuts.

Rationale
May 17, 2005

America runs on in'
Monday will be a month of 7x12.5 minus Easter and then I think like the Friday before? Not Good Friday but the Friday before

Anyway you’ll get your drat hole pics why don’t you suggest a cheap dough rounder while you’re making suggestions

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

New thread title suggestion: Will I make money in donuts and coffee

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Democratic Pirate posted:

Lmao

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Come to think of it I don’t think he’s made coffee yet

Op do you know how to make coffee?

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

CarForumPoster posted:

Come to think of it I don’t think he’s made coffee yet

Op do you know how to make coffee?

He hasn't bought five figures worth of used coffee equipment yet, so of course not :colbert: