Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Willa Rogers posted:

your interest is interesting!

this has been noted in certain files, that we can be certain of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth posted:

willa and like 3 people from the succ thread who will use every opportunity to come barreling in and yell at you like a minor character in a thriller from 1995 about how YOU JUST DON'T GET IT MAN but can never explain what they're loving talking about and imply you love the democrats or government if you think "the us government tries to influence the population" isn't all that surprising considering the last 50 years

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

here, this is it, this is what we're yelling about, and saying is bad, even if it isn't surprising.

no one's saying you love the democrats; only that you repeat democrats' FUD as mindlessly as an msnbc anchor.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

And you can still make fun of the pale elong guy while acknowledging that the letter agencies controlling & censoring news is bad! Because that control even extends beyond twitter, and beyond social media!

There's no downside to not playing the role of world-weary assholes about government censorship!

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
ok, it's bad. what would you like people to do about it, in the elong musk thread

because it seems like you're just saying "i don't like the posts here" in which case, well yeah

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Willa Rogers posted:

here, this is it, this is what we're yelling about, and saying is bad, even if it isn't surprising.

no one's saying you love the democrats; only that you repeat democrats' FUD as mindlessly as an msnbc anchor.

demon rat FUD

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

the milk machine posted:

ok, it's bad. what would you like people to do about it, in the elong musk thread

Make fun of elong instead of playing world-weary assholes about censorship! Stop sounding like you're reading Rachel Maddow's crib notes about the messengers!

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Willa Rogers posted:

Make fun of elong instead of playing world-weary assholes about censorship! Stop sounding like you're reading Rachel Maddow's crib notes about the messengers!

is rachel maddow in the room with us right now

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Willa Rogers posted:

yeah but the output of that work is "could you pwease take this post down pwease and tank u Mr elon "

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
an msnbc reference, deep cuts now

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
bet you watch rachel maddow

loving HEADSHOT

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I mean, I was p. clearly answering this

quote:

willa and like 3 people from the succ thread who will use every opportunity to come barreling in and yell at you like a minor character in a thriller from 1995 about how YOU JUST DON'T GET IT MAN but can never explain what they're loving talking about

when I've spent months in various threads (including this one's predecessor) talking about government control of media only to be told it's all about the hog, that's all there is, g'bye now.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Shouldn't Elon put government funded under his profile :grin:

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

everyone knows the government controls the media.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Ringo Roadagain posted:

you can't say it like that, you have to be really mad

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Can't spell government funded without fun

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Ringo Roadagain posted:

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded
Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed
Everybody knows the war is over
Everybody knows the good guys lost
Everybody knows the fight was fixed
The poor stay poor, the rich get rich
That's how it goes
Everybody knows

Everybody knows that the boat is leaking
Everybody knows the captain lied
Everybody got this broken feeling
Like their father or their dog just died
Everybody talking to their pockets
Everybody wants a box of chocolates
And a long-stem rose
Everybody knows
And everybody knows that you love me baby
Everybody knows that you really do
Everybody knows that you've been faithful
Ah, give or take a night or two
Everybody knows you've been discreet
But there were so many people you just had to meet
Without your clothes
And everybody knows

Everybody knows, everybody knows
That's how it goes
Everybody knows
That's how it goes
Everybody knows

And everybody knows that it's now or never
Everybody knows that it's me or you
And everybody knows that you live forever
Ah when you've done a line or two
Everybody knows the deal is rotten
Old Black Joe's still pickin' cotton
For your ribbons and bows
And everybody knows

And everybody knows that the plague is coming
Everybody knows that it's moving fast
Everybody knows that the naked man and woman
Are just a shining artifact of the past
Everybody knows the scene is dead
But there's gonna be a meter on your bed
That will disclose
What everybody knows

And everybody knows that you're in trouble
Everybody knows what you've been through
From the bloody cross on top of Calvary
To the beach of Malibu
Everybody knows it's coming apart
Take one last look at this Sacred Heart
Before it blows
And everybody knows

That's how it goes
Everybody knows
That's how it goes
Everybody knows
Everybody knows

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

Nice meltdown

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Elon Musk has truly done it this time

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

I think the FBI and Homeland Security censoring the internet is bad

I am sorry if saying that derails the thread away from important topics like where Elon's jet flew today, and who he unfollowed on Twitter, but I think you guys will survive :)

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

The Pussy Boss posted:

I am sorry if saying that derails the thread away from important topics like where Elon's jet flew today, and who he unfollowed on Twitter, but I think you guys will survive :)

Why would you say something so controversial yet so brave?

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

E the Shaggy posted:

The brown nosing can be seen from space. Trying to dick ride Elon when you post your story on the website of his most HATED ENEMY at the moment won't win you any favors from everyone's favorite boy king.

My read would be that Fang probably already started writing that story as soon as it happened and didn't see any reason to dumpster his piece, doubtful that a dogged defense of the Twitter Files will win him any Musk points. Musk's promotion of the Twitter files through his own tweets and retweets tapered off long before Fang even joined the team. 50/50 Whether Musk chose this moment to toss Taibbi and ShellyMD because of some dumb plan to steal substack's business or if he's just using that as a convenient excuse to get rid of the Twitter Files.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

The Internetz

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
im the SF wet markets of fentanyl https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1645860430789873664?s=12

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

The Pussy Boss posted:

I agree. Those that do tide pod challenge on tik tok and get other kids killed is gods plan. Same for folks who might think to spread false information during a disaster that may get people killed, they should die from being stupid and its funny to boot!

There is no public benefit from any censoring of voices! It will never once be used for anything sensible! False information has never hurt anyone.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
want to go to the open air drug market in SF

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

DynamicSloth posted:

My read would be that Fang probably already started writing that story as soon as it happened and didn't see any reason to dumpster his piece, doubtful that a dogged defense of the Twitter Files will win him any Musk points. Musk's promotion of the Twitter files through his own tweets and retweets tapered off long before Fang even joined the team. 50/50 Whether Musk chose this moment to toss Taibbi and ShellyMD because of some dumb plan to steal substack's business or if he's just using that as a convenient excuse to get rid of the Twitter Files.

i think elon just got bored with it once it failed to take down the Mainstream Media

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
also thank god for the new twitter feature that cuts elon's horseshit off in mid-post

never been so happy to see an ellipsis in my life

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

If you ever wander around downtown Vancouver, there's a very good chance to randomly turn a corner and find yourself in the middle of misery central. It's pretty shocking the first time. I have no doubt the same exists in SF.

Eta: long ago I had a read through some of tcc opioid thread, and someone in there was mentioning how easy it was to score in the tenderloin area.

B33rChiller has issued a correction as of 23:33 on Apr 11, 2023

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

People aren't intentionally buying fentanyl! It is because of prohibition that fentanyl adulteration of other drugs is a thing in the first place!

Christ I hate these people.

Edit: feels weird to see him have an actually correct or in the ballpark of correct opinion on anything at all.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Elon Musk has truly done it this time

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1645626887123894273
:thunk:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

obviously the correct conclusion is that Covid was the flu after all and we put all those cases in the wrong statistical bucket bing bong

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Talk to the paw!
https://twitter.com/catturd2/status/1645589898647289866?t=86D_HHjwXXxlmZrJrwX68A&s=19

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The dumbest fuckers alive

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Adenoid Dan posted:

People aren't intentionally buying fentanyl! It is because of prohibition that fentanyl adulteration of other drugs is a thing in the first place!

Christ I hate these people.

Edit: feels weird to see him have an actually correct or in the ballpark of correct opinion on anything at all.

The correct opinion is that the socio-economic problems at the root of drug abuse should be eliminated but lol so yeah sure legalize heroin.

Mr Interweb posted:

can't tell if serious

if so, do you feel it's literally anyone else other than elon?

The Chairman posted:

talking about journalistic integrity in a situation where a billionaire told a bunch of reporters what story he wanted them to write and publicly cut them off over the mildest pushback

Presumably Anglo Musk is the source, at least as far as he's signed off on it and tasked others with finding a certain type of stuff and possibly through an intermediary. I'm not talking about integrity, it's pretty easy to frame Taibbi's refusal to state what's fairly obvious as a self interested decision to not discourage others from talking to him.

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

Weka posted:

The correct opinion is that the socio-economic problems at the root of drug abuse should be eliminated but lol so yeah sure legalize heroin.

Jailing poor drug users who sell drugs to other poor people doesn't fix anything or get us closer to that.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

B33rChiller posted:

If you ever wander around downtown Vancouver, there's a very good chance to randomly turn a corner and find yourself in the middle of misery central. It's pretty shocking the first time. I have no doubt the same exists in SF.

Eta: long ago I had a read through some of tcc opioid thread, and someone in there was mentioning how easy it was to score in the tenderloin area.

East Hastings is like visiting a 3rd world country, it’s something else. I’ve only ever driven it, would never get out and walk that nightmare.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Foo Diddley posted:

also thank god for the new twitter feature that cuts elon's horseshit off in mid-post

never been so happy to see an ellipsis in my life

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Glad they're not embedding the whole long tweet. Just lets me scroll on in peace

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Peak shitlib/neocon thinking is to support the current socioeconomic policies that create drug use and then want to be sheltered from seeing their impacts.

Elon... not you folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

Glumwheels posted:

East Hastings is like visiting a 3rd world country, it’s something else. I’ve only ever driven it, would never get out and walk that nightmare.

East Hastings is perfectly safe, and they people who live there are actually pretty cool and awesome people. You really shouldn't hold the fact that they've been abandoned by a society that has no use for them against them. Most of the people living on the street there don't want to be but have precious few options otherwise, and I say this as someone who worked in the area for many years.