Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Mordiceius posted:

Is there an equivalent of AR/WL in Honkai? Could I just keep my levels low to see the whole story?

Possibly even better, starting about when the story actually picks up you can't even use your own gacha characters for it, and even when they start letting you again they also offer trial characters, usually a few important recent characters and whoever would, you know, actually be there for the plot.

So really for the story specifically, you basically just don't need to level up or use the gacha at all.

Also most of the power creep talk is for the two different Spiral Abyss equivalents, and really compared to Genshin it's less"don't even bother unless you're a whale or have no life" and more "what if Floor 12 difficulty started at Floor 10, and then the next couple difficulties are even harder.

Also the power creep is a bit over stated, mostly because the game is a few years older than Genshin with a few years' more power creep, partially because the original units loving suuuuuuck. And even that I think helps a bit with feeling like the characters have gotten stronger when you get later versions of them that don't suck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I broke my limit in honkai because life is short

I also feel like there's prolly no reason not to after how long I've stuck at 80

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Frequent, low duration low durability shields does seem like an odd mechanic that doesn't really provide most of the benefits you typically get from shields. Curious to see if his healing and dendro application will make up the difference in eating more hits more often compared to, say, zhong or diona. Would be nice to be able to replace nahida with him in nilou bloom teams.

Half of the passive on his signature weapon seems wasted though. Dendro % bonus? On a healer/shielder with low ratios? Would have been better to just double the energy bonus and leave the damage off entirely. They're gonna have to stick it with some crazy good other weapon for that banner to sell decently unless baizhu is utterly cracked (but leaks don't make it look that way).

Are we possibly entering an era of lackluster 5stars where Dehya was just the vanguard?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I'm pretty sure Baizhu's weapon is going to be the worst 5* in the game by a good margin. It's not even BIS for Baizhu!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I mean cyno wasnt an upgrade, this isnt even a recenr thing

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

the point of baizhu's shield isn't to fully block hits but rather absorb part of it and get broken to apply dendro and heal in the process. He's meant to be a healer.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sushibandit posted:

Frequent, low duration low durability shields does seem like an odd mechanic that doesn't really provide most of the benefits you typically get from shields. Curious to see if his healing and dendro application will make up the difference in eating more hits more often compared to, say, zhong or diona. Would be nice to be able to replace nahida with him in nilou bloom teams.
his healing output is extremely high. hes not a shielder who also happens to heal a bit. hes a healer who also provides some interruption resistance/damage reduction.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

comparing baizhu to dehya is insane. baizhu's an extremely good unit. like the immediate impact of 'omg i need him' is taken out of his sails by yaoyao existing but hes at the same level as yaoyao and yaoyao is like the second or third best dendro in the game.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Does Baizhu's ult heal his teammates in multiplayer? Doesn't look like it does from the talent description :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Does Baizhu's ult heal his teammates in multiplayer? Doesn't look like it does from the talent description :(
His ult doesn't, but his skill should. At talent level 6 the scaling on his skill is 11.2% Max HP+1219, so he should still be tossing out 4-5K heals to his teammates in co-op.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
most importantly, he's a giant queen with a snake

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Don't tell the spreadsheet tc cops but you can totally just run Baizhu with a heal hat if you need to. It's totally fine, I won't tell anyone.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

My main abyss team for over a year is Ayaka/Shenhe and apparently I was running "sub-optimal" Shenhe until like last rotation.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

MoonCrab posted:

Don't tell the spreadsheet tc cops but you can totally just run Baizhu with a heal hat if you need to. It's totally fine, I won't tell anyone.
What would you run other than a healing hat? The only other stat I can think of for a pure support would be health% since that's what he scales on, but it should be possible to hit his 50k HP effectiveness cap without needing a health% hat, no?

Endorph posted:

his healing output is extremely high. hes not a shielder who also happens to heal a bit. hes a healer who also provides some interruption resistance/damage reduction.
Ah so he powercreeps Qiqi. Sadness.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i mean he also provides dendro application and iunno if youve heard but dendro is really good

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

A healing hat is worthless on baizou, he heals like 9k with the most basic 5 star artifact stats

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

MoonCrab posted:

Becoming evil at an incredible rate as I realize that I could have had my Baizhu today(!)..., but that duplicitous "Da Wei" is keeping him away from me...!

???

Asking for team/build help?

No, just feeling like Mihoyo stapled a whelming kit to a design I liked and released it between two 4* that eat enough of his lunch to increase the disappointment.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Servers are back up. I got Qiqi’ed on the standard banner with my saved fates :(.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!
Is the game not loading for anyone else on PC? Stuck at the 7 element icon loading screen.

edit: wow reddit advice was useful for once--I disconnected and reconnected my ethernet cable and it loaded

Boat Stuck fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Apr 12, 2023

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Finally hit the high score I wanted. Now I can maybe spend them.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
gently caress

Got off-pity Nilou before I managed to get a single Shinobu con...! How is the Genshin desire sensor so finely tuned??? I don't want these sword girls!!!

Ehh, I guess I can do firsthand Nilou team testing now...

Edit: got a Lost Prayers from her standard fate, criticism rescinded. Welcome to the crew, Nilou :shobon:

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Apr 12, 2023

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

for shits and giggles I threw a 10 pull at a banner

immediate Qiqi

okay okay I get the message, continue saving primos

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Nilou’s trial makes her feel very awkward without a shielder. I’m sure this is less of a problem with better teammates than Barbara and Collei.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

brainwrinkle posted:

Nilou’s trial makes her feel very awkward without a shielder. I’m sure this is less of a problem with better teammates than Barbara and Collei.
If you tap she'll do her thing in melee very smoothly. The hold cast time can sometimes be a concern though.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I used like 50 wishes due to being bored

what now

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Am I crazy, or did they change the pyro regisvine icon?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

wtf is this roll dude????

I dont even know if I have pity or not anymore

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Boat Stuck posted:

Is the game not loading for anyone else on PC? Stuck at the 7 element icon loading screen.

edit: wow reddit advice was useful for once--I disconnected and reconnected my ethernet cable and it loaded

This but on mobile. I’m not sure what the advice would be for mobile players

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

No Wave posted:

Am I crazy, or did they change the pyro regisvine icon?

They changed a ton of them, the leaks sub had a post about it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

lol three nobu constellations and no laylas??? cmon buddies give me the girl i don't got

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Finally got Nahida. So I was able to build my parties and name them after high school clubs.

Yearbook Club - Dehya, Ganyu, Bennett, Nahida

Fashion Club - Raiden Shogun, Nahida, Yelan, Barbara

Drama Club - Beidou, Fischl. Xingqiu, Sucrose

Anime Club - Xiangling, Xingqiu, Sucrose, Bennett

Poetry Club - Xiao, Sucrose, Bennett, Zhongli

Archery Club - Ganyu, Fischl, Collei, Amber

The Yearbook Club is my core overworld exploration team. Haven't started working on building Anime Club or Poetry Club. Archery Club is my gimmick team.

Also got C0 Dori (won't use), C2 Leyla (idk, probably won't use?), C4 Shinobu (might use someday.)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

also the new english Tighnari sounds less like a smug dork and more like a cute dork

e: or perhaps a geekier dork

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Got Nilou on my first and only 10 pull. 130 wishes left in the tank for Baizhu and Kaveh already.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

After going for Ayaka and Shenhe, I only managed to save enough for 40 wishes this time around. My first three pulls only gave me three Dori dupes, who is already at C6. The final roll was this:

The god of wisdom is truly kind and merciful and now at C2.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Reminder that this girl will use specter drops

So keep buying them from the shop and doing a circuit around Inazuma every so often

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I would love some build advice for my wife. She just hit AR45/WL5, opened WL6 yet. Right now, she feels like she's not doing enough damage with her teams in the overworld and would like to see if there's any ways she could make her teams better. And, to be fair, there's a decent chance she's just not using skills in a way that will generate the proper reactions. She's tends to just do whatever actions feel fun in the moment.

Her main team is: Xiangling, Bennett, Barbara, and Chongyun.
I've never seen Barbara and Xiangling on a team together, but she really likes both of the characters. I didn't know if this combination was extremely detrimental to her overall team DPS.

Her secondary team is: Keqing, Collei, Fischl, and Sucrose
She hasn't built up this team yet. She really likes Keqing and this Keqing aggravate team seems fun.

This is her full roster of characters currently:

She's open to wishing for a character in this or any upcoming banners and currently has about 100 wishes banked up with a guarantee.

Her favorite characters are:
Xiangling, Keqing, Barbara, and Hu Tao.
She doesn't actually enjoy playing Hu Tao though because she just ends up getting herself killed all the time. lol

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Goddammit. This was like 80 pulls in, too.

At least I now have C6 Layla and Shinobu, and C4 Dori.

Mordiceius posted:

I would love some build advice for my wife.
She really likes Keqing and this Keqing aggravate team seems fun.
She's open to wishing for a character in this or any upcoming banners and currently has about 100 wishes banked up with a guarantee.
Have her play the Nahida trial a few times and see if she likes the character, then pull on the current banner if so. Nahida will kick that aggravate Keqing team into overdrive, and also enables various other very powerful dendro-based comps. She's the go-to off-field dendro applier/buffer. Extremely strong unit.

In the first comp, maybe swap in Xingqiu instead of Chong? More hydro application means more vapes means more damage during the pyronado.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Meowywitch posted:

wtf is this roll dude????

I dont even know if I have pity or not anymore

Wow, when I roll tomorrow and get QiQi'd, I'm going to remember this image.

Mordiceius posted:

She doesn't actually enjoy playing Hu Tao though because she just ends up getting herself killed all the time. lol

Not enjoying playing as Hu Tao seems to track for anyone that has her

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Decided to close out my guaranteed pity on Nilou after looking over the list of character's I'd roll for on a rerun and realizing it's only Albedo, Alhait and maybe Kokomi.

I know she wants to be in a pure hydro and dendro bloom team-- what's my best comp here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

I'm using Nahida / Yelan / Nilou / Yaoyao. :shrug: