Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
lol there's definitely been a squadron of SAS, SBS or SRR in Ukraine since 2014 doing training and stuff. I highly doubt they are doing behind the lines stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TK-42-1 posted:

so insanely cool is what you’re saying?

a) the opposite of that and b) it'll never leave the cinderblocks it's parked on anyway

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Tai posted:

lol there's definitely been a squadron of SAS, SBS or SRR in Ukraine since 2014 doing training and stuff. I highly doubt they are doing behind the lines stuff

NATO provocation, Russia is right to commit war crimes~!!!! Checkmate, libs.

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

no

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 12, 2023

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

hell yeah thanks!!! go watch izwf peeps

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:55 on Apr 12, 2023

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

I would rather stick my finger in a live light socket than watch wrestling. Thanks anyway.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Apr 12, 2023

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Deteriorata posted:

I would rather stick my finger in a live light socket than watch wrestling. Thanks anyway.

It's not just wrestling. It's goon avatars wrestling each other. It's incredible, best thing since zoofights

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
wrestling is for the kind of people who watch wrestling

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Deteriorata posted:

I've done this before, it was better than watching wrestling, I assume, because I will never intentionally watch that poo poo.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Who wants to be invested in something that involves Vince McMahon and Dana White?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Taerkar posted:

Who wants to be invested in something that involves Vince McMahon and Dana White?

People that get invested in something that involves Tony Khan instead

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Must have like zero watchers to come in here to beg for views. Pathetic honestly.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

HonorableTB posted:

It's not just wrestling. It's goon avatars wrestling each other. It's incredible, best thing since zoofights

Is it actually people playing multiplayer, or just AI? At least with real multiplayer, we could have Chad Zelenskyy vs Virgin Putin and have a player jobbing the villain correctly.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
It's AI, which provides half the hilarity. I'll refer people to the IZWF thread in Imp Zone so we don't keep derailing here. I highly recommend it though, it's loads of fun and everyone has a good time. Jeffrey was in this one

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Dwesa posted:

meanwhile Russian propagandists sound more and more like doomsday cultists

https://twitter.com/Gerashchenko_en/status/1645805713980268544

Someone should gift her a rabbit dildo but whoopsies sanctions.

DiomedesGodshill fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 12, 2023

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Taerkar posted:

Invest in this:

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

DiomedesGodshill posted:

Someone should gift her a rabbit dildo but whoopsies sanctions.

arent all....items of that nature made in china?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Ups_rail posted:

arent all....items of that nature made in china?

You're gonna think this whole story is bullshit, but only half of it is.

During the War in Vietnam, the US military dropped tens of thousands of rubber covered vibration sensors on Laos, Cambodia, and Vietnam. The T-1151 "Dog Doo Transmitter" sent short messages in Morse code when disturbed. It rarely was, on accident, due to the shape of the device.

Scuttle-butt stated that the things were made by a rubber dong manufacturer in California, greatly eclipsing the demand for latex dingle-dangles.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I believe those were used as targeting beacons, eapecially by special forces, with the secondary effect that pilots who got shot down were taught to identify the correct turds and squeeze them in morse code.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Pull up, thread!

Sadly, the reports of Russian soldiers beheading Ukrainian prisoners of war have been verified to be real. This is just, beyond barbaric. Sheer unchecked brutality by a marauding force. The soldiers that did this war crime act on behalf of the nation that just took control of the UN Security Council, what a joke.

https://twitter.com/maria_drutska/status/1645903598046396416?s=20

I hope the people who committed these war crimes are brought to justice and stand trial for their actions

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Apr 12, 2023

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Tunicate posted:

I believe those were used as targeting beacons, eapecially by special forces, with the secondary effect that pilots who got shot down were taught to identify the correct turds and squeeze them in morse code.

Lol. It gets even better every time I hear about it!

Another odd tool used in Vietnam was a device, attached to a helicopter or carried on a soldier's back, that sensed ammonia in the air. An actual dick-sniffer, snorting in the sweet, sweet scent of piss to locate enemy troops or anything else that pisses in the tropical forests of SEA. Which is most things in the tropical forests of SEA. Not a lot of public toilets in the area, even now.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Never underestimate the MIC for making things that look like dicks, sniff dicks, spy on dicks, or analyse what comes out of dicks.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

HonorableTB posted:

Russia has lost 1.3 million young workers since the start of the war, another cost of Russia's disastrous and criminal invasion.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2023/04/11/russia-lost-13m-young-workers-in-2022-research-a80784

That's loving bleak

As mentioned there, still less than the previous impact from pandemic, so unlikely to make a dent

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

mobby_6kl posted:

I think they should get a chance to be on the right side for once imo

At first Scholz sure did everything in his power to make this not happen.

"Not on the right side of history, not even by accident" should be his next election slogan.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer

madeintaipei posted:

Never underestimate the MIC for making things that look like dicks, sniff dicks, spy on dicks, or analyse what comes out of dicks.

"Let me smell yo dick." -Raytheon, probably

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The first dildo was aim 9 sidewinder cases that fsiled QA and were rejected for use in missles. True facts.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

fatherboxx posted:

As mentioned there, still less than the previous impact from pandemic, so unlikely to make a dent

lol aslong as it's the second largest collapse

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://twitter.com/OAlexanderDK/status/1645727385138888704?s=20

lol this guy

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Russia setting fire to four thousand of their best tanks and all their logistic vehicles was "a feint", reports world's dumbest man. Clearly, Russias real plan was to encircle kyiv in burning wreckage, preventing the Ukraine resupply from reaching the city and hence starve the defenders out.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
lol what a clown

https://twitter.com/OAlexanderDK/status/1645728657162354689

Ok let's send F-35s, I've been saying this all along!

fatherboxx posted:

The pandemic killed mostly the olds, which probably helped the state budget, if anything

mobby_6kl fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Apr 12, 2023

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Hersh was right once in his dumb poo poo career and he's been beating it for respectability ever since, drat shame. Like seeing Mike Wallace on Jerry Springer or something

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Well, that's a pretty embarrassing interview. Gets very basic facts wrong, very eagerly jumps to conclusions, circular or extremely weak reasoning, etc. I don't know if he's always been this way, but he sure seems like just a very confused old man who is way over his head now.

I think the only reason they published this is that they are a right-wing/libertarian blog. A tankie propaganda outlet would have probably flushed the interview down the toilet as too "unflattering" to the narrative.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
Serbia next on the list of unfriendly countries?

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1646049412014125057

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

mobby_6kl posted:

The pandemic killed mostly the olds, which probably helped the state budget, if anything

Cited text talks about young workers

quote:

That is the second-largest decrease in recorded history behind the pandemic year of 2020, when 1.34 million young Russians left the job market.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I don't think anyone here believes Russia is going to run out completely of young people or be economically crippled. It's more just another symptom of a country in decline, and losing less workers than only a global pandemic still doesn't seem... great.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Play posted:

I don't think anyone here believes Russia is going to run out completely of young people or be economically crippled. It's more just another symptom of a country in decline, and losing less workers than only a global pandemic still doesn't seem... great.

Nobody in power or the core of its support will live to see the effects of it and they can be easily made invisible

WarpedLichen
Aug 14, 2008

fatherboxx posted:

Cited text talks about young workers

It seems hard to draw any conclusions from those numbers as presented in the article, since as far as I gathered it's just counting people in the work force and the pandemic decrease can simply be businesses closing down and unemployment going up instead of deaths. Likewise, the current numbers could be any number of things like another economic downturn due to sanctions or something.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
All countries with credible statistics have unexplained excess death in all age groups still, even after taking reported covid deaths into account. It is not a problem. Don't think about it.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

mobby_6kl posted:

^^^
lol what a clown

At this point I would be sceptical of someone claiming the Russians can easily shoot down a BE 2f let alone any kind of modern aircraft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dwesa posted:

Serbia next on the list of unfriendly countries?

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1646049412014125057

I would be genuinely stunned if Serbia got added to unfriendly countries. Its just like a bonus round of gently caress ups for russia