Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
The Canada thread hides in D&D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
It is very well documented that Canadians do not like to say rude words or otherwise foul language

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Nooner posted:

It is very well documented that Canadians do not like to say rude words or otherwise foul language
Only a real goof would think this.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Slugworth posted:

Only a real goof would think this.

in Canada goof is slang for a child molester Lmao

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
In Canada, goof is the worst thing you can call someone, but whether it means a diddler or just a massive loser varies by region. It's not considered a slur or hate speech. oval office is used almost exclusively as a slur to insult women. As a woman, I do say it from time to time amongst friends but I don't think I've ever heard a man say it who wasn't a misogynist creep in every other way too. I don't say it in public, it's something you could very well lose your job over.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Goof Troop must've been a huge hit in Canada then. :v:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
aight... its time to :gas: GBS

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

aight... its time to :gas: GBS

FEEDBACK: Keeping doing this because based on the probe they gave someone in C-SPAM, it'll get really funny eventually

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

he's an cspam IK now, gone mad with power

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Space Kablooey posted:

but looks at all the new mods and iks. changes are going great

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

FEEDBACK: Keeping doing this because based on the probe they gave someone in C-SPAM, it'll get really funny eventually

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

It’s cool how they keep making IKs out of the worst instigators of forums drama. Really cool to reward lovely behavior.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

It’s cool how they keep making IKs out of the worst instigators of forums drama. Really cool to reward lovely behavior.

:emptyquote:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

More of this plz. Its telling how gbs can have a lighthearted feedback thread and still manage to attract ghouls from sad and the sagas thread.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

Jesus Christ.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Other forums can do what they want; if it affects us we'll deal with it. We can't freeze a volcano with an ice cube so we'll have to make do

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Pablo Negrogante or whatever is IK of the Sagas thread which has a rule about dumpster diving for old posts to own your enemies yet they are one of the worst offenders for doing just that. It’s like no one learned anything from the SPR drama.

E: posted this before I saw Seth’s post. I’ll take the sixer though.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Other forums can do what they want; if it affects us we'll deal with it. We can't freeze a volcano with an ice cube so we'll have to make do

maybe u cant, noob

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Nooner posted:

maybe u cant, noob

If you prove you can I'll make you a mod

An actual volcano not the baking powder and vinegar one

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
What if the problem is that we're all horrible nerds?

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Seth Pecksniff posted:

If you prove you can I'll make you a mod

An actual volcano not the baking powder and vinegar one

Oh please Seth, you know I already solved this to become a mod.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

young, innocent posters coming to this website and getting mod-pilled, it’s a disgrace

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Charles Bukowski posted:

Nah.

I and my posting pals are perfect in every way. Gbs should change nothing.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Smugworth posted:

We should probably close the UK thread and ban most of the active posters, especially the insanely powerhungry and abusive IKs. Just a miserable island full of the grumpiest wet blanket clout chasers you ever saw.

Is it possible to IP ban that whole region?

Just ban them for harassing posters outside of their little containment zone

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
You've only got yourself to blame for being unwelcome there

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

dell's clearly learned his lesson about being a huge unpleasant misogynist that we don't want in the uk thread. let's welcome him back

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

dell's clearly learned his lesson about being a huge unpleasant misogynist that we don't want in the uk thread. let's welcome him back

Couldn't give a poo poo about the UK thread tbh, it's you following me around the rest of SA that's the problem. Like my post clearly states

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Okay, cool, y’all said your piece. Now get back on topic, or refrain from posting here, please. This isn’t the “poster I don’t like” feedback thread.

Thank you! :tipshat:

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Tarquinn posted:

Okay, cool, y’all said your piece. Now get back on topic, or refrain from posting here, please. This isn’t the “poster I don’t like” feedback thread.

Thank you! :tipshat:

I just don't think it's a great idea to give someone forumwide IK powers if they're going to abuse them. That's GBS feedback, surely?

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Dell_Zincht posted:

I just don't think it's a great idea to give someone forumwide IK powers if they're going to abuse them. That's GBS feedback, surely?

If you're that concerned and/or upset about that one probe outside of the UKCT then you could speak to me directly or if you're not comfortable with that then PM Seth or another Mod and they can handle it from there. Making regular petty digs and turning yourself into a drama elemental isn't the best way to go about it.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Sorry thread, have now spoken to Solefald - drama over, please continue

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Solefald posted:

If you're that concerned and/or upset about that one probe outside of the UKCT then you could speak to me directly or if you're not comfortable with that then PM Seth or another Mod and they can handle it from there. Making regular petty digs and turning yourself into a drama elemental isn't the best way to go about it.

Yeah pretty much

I haven't seen any problematic probes in GBS and if I did I'd be working with the IK or just have them removed because IK is pretty low stakes overall. I don't control other forums not what goes on there.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
feedback: it is apparent that gbs regulars have a persecution complex

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Dell_Zincht posted:

he gave you a single sixer two months ago lol

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Charles Bukowski posted:

Nerds? On a 30-year-old comedy site full of threads about anime, roleplaying games, professional wrestling, and 50-year old science fiction books? This is crazy talk. You're crazy.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

IKs shohld be picked once a month by sortition to ensure any biases counter out in the long run.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Drone_Fragger posted:

IKs shohld be picked once a month by sortition to ensure any biases counter out in the long run.

been saying this

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

If you really wanna make it work, you make it pick from only posters with post counts in GBS in the 50% to 90% deciles, so that you exclude people who never post in GBS and hence don't understand it's rules and customs, but also exclude the people at the topend who post in GBS too much and are either terminally online wierdos, forums superstars liable to form a fiefdom or the incredibly tryhard people trying to game the system to get IK for a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Drone_Fragger posted:

God please no

More IKs sure, but monthly would be murder

Though I gotta say if we picked like, five out of a hat monthly with no regards to forums enemies or posting history it would be hilarious for a short time before descending into anarchy