Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
The Trae situation is really weird. Trade rumors that no one is tweeting about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Kat, Dame, Ant would routinely mean 400 points scored in games.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Lockback posted:

and it should be Minnesota. :colbert:

I fully support minnesota in the east so I can see the celtics more than once a year.

e: also I made a GDT

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4029577

Salvor_Hardin fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Apr 12, 2023

Willzilla
Aug 16, 2006

Rawr

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Maybe Ja is still cool after-all.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Putting a man who literally fights children on childrens snacks seems like a misadventure

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Paul Zuvella posted:

Putting a man who literally fights children on childrens snacks seems like a misadventure

Good way to find new sparring partners

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paul Zuvella posted:

Can't wait to get my Slowm-O's

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
The playoffs.

pyrotek
May 21, 2004

Rick posted:

The Trae situation is really weird. Trade rumors that no one is tweeting about?

I feel like they are just trying to get his attention to take less stupid long 3s and perhaps try a bit more on defense, maybe even allow himself to be coached. Crazy poo poo like that

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Up Circle posted:

The playoffs.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Go Grizz.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Rudy Gobert Hawaiian Punch

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I can't believe "we need to trade for stuff to beat the Heat" actually worked

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

pyrotek posted:

I feel like they are just trying to get his attention to take less stupid long 3s and perhaps try a bit more on defense, maybe even allow himself to be coached. Crazy poo poo like that

Yeah I think you're right.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Wolves Media ready
https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/1645958140863873029

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

This is a fun thread

https://twitter.com/kings_muse/status/1645544092397608961?s=20

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!
Also Pat Bev vs Jimmy for making the playoffs is on the table and thus must happen

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Ammanas posted:

the most interesting semi-hypothetical trade for next season is probably damien lilliard. i cant see him staying to play with developing players.

the blazers are pretty hosed lol. hard to salary match plus who wants to trade away whoever they've got f9r nurkic and uhhhh simons i guess? the NBA is stuck in a wild conundrum space where you cannot win without 3 max players but you cant afford 3 max players and win a championship cuz your depth is destroyed. its kinda cool, lot of parity and motion every year but rival dynasties are also kinda fun...

I think it all depends on what Portland is able to get for Simons + picks.

If they can get someone like OG, then Dame/Nas/OG/Grant/Nurk should be a playoff squad. Bench would need a little help but should be somewhere serviceable with Sharpe, Thybulle, Watford, Reddish and Eubanks.

Billups is also a big question mark since he hasn't shown much if any coaching ability.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://twitter.com/sopandeb/status/1645972057044267011?s=46&t=3d9JmXOJWgE8nozHLwUyjQ

Hrm

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

Harlock posted:

The Sixers Process Era defined by Ben Simmons ROY award and ended with Embiid's MVP as the only hardware to show for it
Wow, this is perfect

Ungratek posted:

I'm on my mobile but I saw Rondo on First Take this morning and I approve of his new look
Wow, so I guess they are willing to look past the whole Waving A Gun At His Own Family thing

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Hand Knit posted:

Feels like we got a heavy conflict of interest on this one gonna have to bring in an outside mod to adjudicate.

The Bulls may enter, so Saint Patrick of Beverley Hoops might outlast the royal Knights of LeBron.

Oh, look at that, to the Victor goes a We The North jersey.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Whooping Crabs posted:

Rudy Gobert Hawaiian Punch

Make it a thread title

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

R.D. Mangles posted:

john connor telling rudy gobert that he can't hurt kyle anderson so his heads up display reads "shot to chest: no intention to injure"

goddamn you're a savant

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Sounds like the imminent RSN collapse has them spooked

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
That lakers wolves game was like watching two yokels falling down a hill and getting their dicks caught in every root and divot on the way down. It was incredible.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
At least it was more enjoyable than the hawks Heat game. But that is a perfect description, especially for the 4th and OT

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Salvor_Hardin posted:

That lakers wolves game was like watching two yokels falling down a hill and getting their dicks caught in every root and divot on the way down. It was incredible.

i think it was probably a lot less fun to watch if your a fan of one of those teams

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
That lakers wolves game was like watching a French guy try to punch a really really slow guy

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

fart simpson posted:

i think it was probably a lot less fun to watch if your a fan of one of those teams

I am nominally a wolves fan but yeah, if that was a Celtics game I would be in a Bad Place right now.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I am nominally a wolves fan but yeah, if that was a Celtics game I would be in a Bad Place right now.

Wise Wolves fans have long adopted the "lol Wolves" state of mind.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

as a lifelong lakers fan im used to disappointment so i was fine with it

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Ghost Dog posted:

I like you and your posts but lol what is this

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

its been hard all these years

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Ghost Dog posted:

i could say the same thing about being a celtics fan

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I like you and your posts but lol what is this

The sorrow of SA's most devoted Lakers fan. No laughing matter.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

The Glumslinger posted:

Sounds like the imminent RSN collapse has them spooked

Almost all that money goes straight to the teams so I don't know if it's that but still not great how many of the elites are stalking about slowdowns while things keep getting more expensive.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
I hope the Lakers can someday win to make Pop Dog happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
The Lakers are sons of bitches for taking Minnesota's most actually successful sports franchise and loving off to Los Angeles, a city which wouldn't know a lake if one dropped on its head. Furthermore, they smell and are bad.

That being said, beyond such historical pettiness I was actually more surprised that the Wolves managed to force the issue into OT without two of their strongest players. We'll see if getting Gobert back from his fisticuffs can enable them to actually beat whoever wins in Pelicans-Thunder.