Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Inzombiac posted:

I don't want to see anything more before release.
I was sold by the trailers and the gameplay showcase has made me rabid.

I just REALLY hope you get to upgrade battery capacity. It's a safe bet considering the trailer shows Link flying pretty drat high on a square tile.

The going guess is that the green vials serve that purpose, it will be another type of stamina maybe? I wonder if there will be external power sources or ways to quick charge a depleted battery.

I can see my airship falling out of the sky only to pop back up after I hastily consume an electric meal of some kind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Minish cap has great style but the way the over world is designed, I dunno, i feel like it holds the game way back

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

The going guess is that the green vials serve that purpose, it will be another type of stamina maybe? I wonder if there will be external power sources or ways to quick charge a depleted battery.

I can see my airship falling out of the sky only to pop back up after I hastily consume an electric meal of some kind.

My assumption is that your capacity can be permanently upgraded and then consumables for quick charge.

I just need to build a mech by the end of the game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

precision posted:

Minish cap has great style but the way the over world is designed, I dunno, i feel like it holds the game way back

MC's two biggest problems are being on the GBA: there's not enough buttons so you have to use the menu a lot, and the overhead view isn't pulled back enough due to the lower resolution, so you don't see much.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

In preparation of TotK i fired up BotW for about the first time since I completed the DLC.

Having played not much else but CoD/Warzone on the PS5 in the past 2 years, the controls take some getting used to again. Getting hosed by guardians cause I have to re-learn how to parry the lasers, dying in random Moblin fights cause they one hit me and my weapons suck. Still good fun.

I also forgot most of the shrine puzzels and am actually surprised how long some are taking me. Also the sense of exploration is still there, seeing a shrine off in the horizon, finding random chests and Koroks, hiking up Satori mountain cause it’s glowing green and I can’t resist checking it out even though I vaguely remember what was there.

Good game.

Poo In An Alleyway
Feb 12, 2016

Always go to Satori Mountain when you see the glow. Always.

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"
Since TotK releases on a Friday I'm thinking I'll just take the day off and play while everyone is at a work and school, but I want to make sure if I do that I'll actually have the game to play. What time do games hit the eshop on release dates? Or am I better off trying to get a pre-order at gamestop or something to pick up that morning?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Final Blog Entry posted:

Since TotK releases on a Friday I'm thinking I'll just take the day off and play while everyone is at a work and school, but I want to make sure if I do that I'll actually have the game to play. What time do games hit the eshop on release dates? Or am I better off trying to get a pre-order at gamestop or something to pick up that morning?

It should at midnight. That said, I'm going to work a half day since my gamestop opens around 10a. I'm too old to play games at midnight these days.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I managed to get an Amazon pre-order before the price went up to $70; I’m sure this means I’ll get the package on Sunday as punishment

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

LividLiquid posted:

What are they? Literally none of them are on their website, save a higher framerate. One feature listed out of gods know how many. I have no idea what this mod does or why I should care. What a terrible website for something so many clearly worked so hard on.

I mean, the main feature is just “being OoT recompiled on the PC”
aside from that, theres a ton of QOL and customization options. Higher resolutions. 30 fps and 60fps toggles. D-pad item shortcuts. Sped up text. Modern camera controls. Gyro controls.Customizable tunic, Navi, and HUD colors. difficulty modifiers, etc. The randomizer is a setting you can toggle on or off

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Nybble posted:

I managed to get an Amazon pre-order before the price went up to $70; I’m sure this means I’ll get the package on Sunday as punishment
:same: My Amazon packages usually show up between noon and 5-ish, hoping it's the former that day.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

I’ve ordered it at the same place that sent me Mario Odyssey a day early before, hoping I get lucky again

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I grabbed the $100 in gift cards from Costco for $80 then bought the two game vouchers on Nintendo, used one on TOTK. I also took Friday and Monday off the weekend it comes out. Deals all around.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Looking increasingly likely that I’ll be joining y’all in the launch weekend party :woop:

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Looking increasingly likely that I’ll be joining y’all in the launch weekend party :woop:

same. this will be my first Zelda launch weekend since OoT!!! every other game i got into like 4 years after they released. i'm terrible at gaming

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

epic bacon posted:

same. this will be my first Zelda launch weekend since OoT!!! every other game i got into like 4 years after they released. i'm terrible at gaming
...poo poo, I just realized this is my first Zelda launch anticipation despite having played since OoT/Link's Awakening DX. Same as you, always got into them at least a few years after release.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

heck i was thinking i should burn some of my days off...

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm not making the mistake of burning through it all hardcore in a few weeks. This time I am going to play four minutes a day every day until the next one is out.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I've had two kids since BOTW came out. I've been trying to replay BOTW lately and it's impossible while they're awake. My main hope is that this one is as satisfying to play in 15-20 min spurts as the last one. Climb a hill, fight some bad guys, find a korok seed, maybe pop into a shrine, good times. Do the big time stuff on Saturday before the kids get up.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Tokelau All Star posted:

Do the big time stuff on Saturday before the kids get up.

That Nintendo Switch launch commercial where the one guy is playing Breath of the Wild before sunrise :ironicat:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Tokelau All Star posted:

I've had two kids since BOTW came out.

God it’s been so long between Zeldas :cry:

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Khanstant posted:

I'm not making the mistake of burning through it all hardcore in a few weeks. This time I am going to play four minutes a day every day until the next one is out.

I like it! What's funny is, I take a while, but it's not even possible to do it in a few weeks for me. I played BOTW a crazy ton for about 3 weeks on release, lot of 7 or 8 hr gaming days etc. Knocked my socks off, but I ended up mostly having it on the shelf for about a year. Picked up where I left off, oodles of hours for another month, clocked over 250 hrs on the Wii-U counter. Probably 200+ legit game hours.

But on the topic, I really do intend to pace myself more this time, and mainly not play more than 3 or 4 hours a day, and maybe play it 4 or 5 days a week. If I average that to say 3.5 hrs 4.5 days a week, call it 16 hrs a week... it'd take about 10 weeks to beat this if it's 160 hours for example. These epic games sure do take some time. Always worth it for a great one. I actually haven't dipped into such a big game for a couple years. Looking forward to it.

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I’m not really in the mood for another Zelda yet. I needed more time for the hype to build.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

Tokelau All Star posted:

I've had two kids since BOTW came out.

The Maroon Hawk posted:

God it’s been so long between Zeldas :cry:

For real. I’ve had a whole rear end relationship end, started a new one, switched jobs, moved cities twice and bought a house and a dog and now have a kid underway.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
And yet it's still not coinciding with the release of the Switch Pro... or is it?!?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Hey can someone find me the gif of Link using stasis on a ball in a shrine, launching it off a ramp, with the expectation of it landing on the other side of the hole--only for the ball to fall straight down on top of Link like he's Wile E Coyote

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
I live in the same drat house. Have the same drat job. Same drat wife. Last drat kid was born shortly after BOTW came out. Nothing has changed.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm gonna beat up Link. I think he's due

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
When BotW came out I was restarting college. Now I'm finally finishing college. Took me way too long, but fuckin way she goes I guess.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

SirPablo posted:

I live in the same drat house. Have the same drat job. Same drat wife. Last drat kid was born shortly after BOTW came out. Nothing has changed.

Ennui of the Kingdom

Peachy Nietzsche
Jul 26, 2007

This thread's like staring into the void.
When BOTW came out I was promoted at work. Since then I was laid off, had another kid, stayed home with baby for 2 years, got a new job, 3 promotions, quit and just moved to Europe.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Cool

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
imagine if Tears of the Kingdom had come out in March 2020 instead of Animal Crossing

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Nybble posted:

imagine if Tears of the Kingdom had come out in March 2020 instead of Animal Crossing

[while playing TotK in March 2020] wow can't believe Nintendo released such a buggy and unfinished piece of poo poo

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Since the release of botw I've aged 6 years

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

:eyepop:

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

drat more like six years later

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

SirPablo posted:

I grabbed the $100 in gift cards from Costco for $80 then bought the two game vouchers on Nintendo, used one on TOTK. I also took Friday and Monday off the weekend it comes out. Deals all around.

Is that a membership thing?

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
I think with the reveal of underground areas we’re overlooking the highly anticipated potential return of shovel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

superjew posted:

I think with the reveal of underground areas we’re overlooking the highly anticipated potential return of shovel.

Mole Mitts or GTFO.