Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Poil posted:

Here we go again. :allears:

But do they really need a sales director? It looked like things kept on trucking fine despite the ones who did no work whatsoever for months.

My personal theory is that Ed-N-Son Lightbulbs is actually just a money laundering operation.

Powered Descent posted:

Wallace the Brave

Several excellent thread titles here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
have we ever seen the son of ed and son

or if the current ten gallon hat guy is the son, where’s ed

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

I want to know more about this well-mannered fella and his charming snake. :allears:

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010

Doomykins posted:

I want to know more about this well-mannered fella and his charming snake. :allears:

Wilbur then pops out of the snake like the little mouth in a Xenomorph

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Kit + The Wolf

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

John Allison posted:

Wolverine… this character is important, right? His hair forms two powerful points and he is very much a beast-man. he doesn’t care that his boombox is pretty and pink because who is going to dare tell him that’s not a masculine “rig”?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I like Wolverine’s cardigan as well.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
The Major's reaching for a big flex in tonight's Our Boarding House. (October 18-20, 1923)

Toonerville Folks (December 20-22, 1920)

YOU COULD HARDLY BLAME HIM, AT THAT: After looking over the terrible marks on his December report, Jimmy is making a desperate effort to snake back the box of candy he gave the teacher for Xmas.

THE TOONERVILLE TROLLEY THAT MEETS ALL THE TRAINS: The Skipper almost had a bad accident last week while nailing those boards on to the roof to make a bundle rack for the Xmas shoppers.

Dok's Dippily Awkward Reunion (September 5, 1914)

Little Lefty (May 2-4, 1938)

It's really something else that apparently Blinky's getting mainstreamed into to the Lefty gang after they handed him an education.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Some Guy TT posted:

The Demons of Baseball

im pretty sure you were required to be hungover to play in mlb at least until the 70s thats not an excuse planck

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

I Hope Holbrook Never Learns The Phrase "Get Woke Go Broke" And Decides To Say Something About It

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Gil THorp

Home Free

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010

Just kiss already!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1980 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

We are dealing here with either an extremely tall footstool or an extremely deep handbag.

Or, the footstool has been placed on top of, say, the coffee table, for some reason.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Giant Ethicist posted:

Haraiso Days

“Sassin’ frassin’” might be a bit too… elevated? Drawing-attention-to-itself? But I couldn’t resist.

Eh, people here have forgiven my translations and they've been several times more egregious than that. I think it's fine.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
We're not a 2003 anime board obsessed with "literal" translations. You're fine.

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (May 09, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Hostile V posted:

Here's a fun thing: Grated antler was once used in baking. It was called antler salt and was a form of baking soda. It's not made in that way anymore, but it kept it's name.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Fingerpori delivers the cross over we've all been waiting for

E:

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Apr 12, 2023

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Old School Peanuts (Apr 9, 1954)

Calvin and Hobbes (Apr 3-4, 1993)

It's depressing how well this one holds up.

Big Nate

Dunce

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Krazy Kat(August 20, 1916)Sunday Krazy Kat makes an attempt at continuity(timged just in case)

Little Nemo(January 14, 1906)Hopefully this week is better than the last.

Oh for gently caress's sake!

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Vintage Valiant (Sep. 16, 1956)

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Cry tears of gladness, Boltar is here!

"One day a great noise is heard" :allears:

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pickli

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 4/11/03

Brenda Starr 10/8/50

Smokey Stover 1/10/54

Look who forgot to draw in Smokey and Cookie's mouths in the last panel!

Everyday Movies 4/21/36

"I'm on relief, ma'm, and I want a room where the sunlight don't get in to waken a feller up early."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 4/6/41

Selachian fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Apr 12, 2023

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

okay I havent really been paying attention but this invisible girl comic? Is she just invisible all the time? does she do regular stuff or is this an invisible hell for her? Because there's no point to her being invisible for a lot of them!

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Synthbuttrange posted:

okay I havent really been paying attention but this invisible girl comic? Is she just invisible all the time? does she do regular stuff or is this an invisible hell for her? Because there's no point to her being invisible for a lot of them!

She’s visible until she pinches a mysterious nerve in her left wrist that makes her turn invisible, and can become visible when she pinches it again

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

she also very much does not do regular stuff or have any kind of personal life, she just drifts from place to place and adventure to adventure.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Y'know what? gently caress you too, Sally. You can go into the volcano with your mother.

Can someone explain the negative reactions, feels like I am missing something.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Medenmath posted:

Vintage Valiant (Sep. 16, 1956)

"Gunder Harl"? :raise:

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Alhazred posted:

Here's a fun thing: Grated antler was once used in baking. It was called antler salt and was a form of baking soda. It's not made in that way anymore, but it kept it's name.

We generally call it hartshorn and it’s essential for springerle cookies.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Haifisch posted:

1980 comics

With a guest appearance by the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr in the second panel there

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

His Divine Shadow posted:

Can someone explain the negative reactions, feels like I am missing something.

Exact same, I really don't get the vitriol. It just reads as a down-the-middle gag about formulaic 80's kids cartoons to me.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Kevin/Kel Solid: Tactical Racefaking Action

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Understudying for Vargo.

Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

oh billingsley remembered that he decided to skip the like kindergartener? to 7 grades ahead

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010