Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
No IKs at all, trust in God to save us instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Every poster an IK, whenever they press buttons there is a 90% chance it bounces back onto themselves. If someone is actually posting badly enough that people are trying to probe them eventually one will stick.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

What if there was a system where threads got a number of IKs based on the number of posters with a post count above 50 and these were "house IKs" and then each thread over 30 pages also got 2 IKs and these were "senate IKs" and all disciplinary actions had to get passed by both the house and the senate and then a mod could approve the disciplinary actions.

Also you could appeal a forum level disciplinary action to have it reversed in SAD court

Also all IKs are fairly elected

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Smugworth posted:

What if there was a system where threads got a number of IKs based on the number of posters with a post count above 50 and these were "house IKs" and then each thread over 30 pages also got 2 IKs and these were "senate IKs" and all disciplinary actions had to get passed by both the house and the senate and then a mod could approve the disciplinary actions.

Also you could appeal a forum level disciplinary action to have it reversed in SAD court

:stare:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
New idea Chaos Mods

3 users a week get randomly selected and they get a mod button but clicking it just does an action selected through a rng. Click it and maybe the person's account gets a 6er. Maybe permaban. Maybe archives upgrade? Who knows what happens when you hit the button.

At the end of each week Jeff faxes one of those mailing fliers with coupons for Papa John's to whoever pushed their mod button the most times

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Nooner posted:

New idea Chaos Mods

3 users a week get randomly selected and they get a mod button but clicking it just does an action selected through a rng. Click it and maybe the person's account gets a 6er. Maybe permaban. Maybe archives upgrade? Who knows what happens when you hit the button.

At the end of each week Jeff faxes one of those mailing fliers with coupons for Papa John's to whoever pushed their mod button the most times

Gotta be honest: love this idea, don't think Jeff is gonna pay astral to do it when there's so much more important stuff to do on the site

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Smugworth posted:

Weirdos wanted forums judiciary so might as well have forums legislative. Let's not add forums executive so any decisions made by the judiciary just doesn't happen

It will be just like real life

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
Primogeniture for mods is the only reasonable system.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

the Posting Purge, once a year everyone is made IK of their most posted in subforum and it's a 24 hour free for all

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Drone_Fragger posted:

the incredibly tryhard people trying to game the system to get IK for a month.

Mods, ban this poster for doxxing

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

the Posting Purge, once a year everyone is made IK of their most posted in subforum and it's a 24 hour free for all

Night of the long knives for the coupon thread

You know, to better help clip coupons

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Smugworth posted:

:wtc:

you'd be first against the wall if I ever got buttons

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Not My Mod

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Still in shock that Smugworth modship is still pending. Surely a clerical error has been made.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
here's my feedback

I should never be an admin

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

here's my feedback

I should never be an admin

Done another successful GBS feedback

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

ticket closed.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Can you actually goldmine it this time? :thanks:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

bagmonkey posted:

Can you actually goldmine it this time? :thanks:

lol

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Why the gently caress would you want to be a gibbis shepherd? I don't ever want to be an IK or mod, that sounds awful.

Also I have a feedback: I would like a picture of a Pikachu please.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

It would probably be too much work for astral but I think some sort of chaos night with every active poster getting ik power would be funny

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
No rules for 24 hours!

FART!

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

syntaxfunction posted:

Why the gently caress would you want to be a gibbis shepherd? I don't ever want to be an IK or mod, that sounds awful.

Also I have a feedback: I would like a picture of a Pikachu please.

I'm thinking this is an American Pikachu:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Seth Pecksniff posted:

the system works

itry
Aug 23, 2019

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I'm thinking this is an American Pikachu:

Not quite

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

That's clearly UK Pikachu

itry
Aug 23, 2019

drat, you're right. The hat is a giveaway.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

itry posted:

drat, you're right. The hat is a giveaway.

No gun

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Here's some feedback: you people don't know poo poo about America or about Pikachu

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I appreciate the Pikachu sentiments, thank you, merci, namaste.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Probe me for 24 pls, because its time to loving CHORF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiHvsinEn58

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Here's some feedback: you people don't know poo poo about America or about Pikachu

this is the shrek/pikachu erotica that gbs craves

:boom:

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Luvcow posted:

this is the shrek/pikachu erotica that gbs craves

:boom:

That's Stone Cold Pikachu you bozo

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Smugworth posted:

not in my head canon

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I painted this tonight :)

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Smugworth posted:

same difference

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Sid Vicious posted:

I painted this tonight :)

it's wonderful sid

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I clicked on the book fair by accident again

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

User error ticket closed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

Charles Bukowski posted:

I clicked on the book fair by accident again

Did you find any exciting new books to read?