Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I've never heard of sieging someone's capital city as a feint. I guess the self-congradulatory propaganda message declaring taking over Ukraine they sent out too early in the first days of the war was also just a feint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
seymour hershey highway

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

My shitposting and white noise posting is actually just a feint for the absolute stable genius sublime poster I really am. :smugdog:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

zone posted:

Hampden estate does some good rums, if you want a recommendation. Their Smith and Cross rum might fit your liking.

Sadly not in Sweden, but another of theirs is releasing tomorrow…at goddamn 80 bucks for mixing rum, nope. It’s over proof so maybe for myself but not for a goddamn daiquiri.

E: nonetheless thank you!

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I've never heard of sieging someone's capital city as a feint. I guess the self-congradulatory propaganda message declaring taking over Ukraine they sent out too early in the first days of the war was also just a feint.

After Mighty Russia gets driven out of Ukraine the official line of stupid Russian bots will be to declare the whole war as a feint to deplete NATO and then go "xaxaxaxa we still did a lot of damage and killed a lot of innocent people", not that they have any shame for them to understand how twisted thinking like that is

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

teen witch posted:

Sadly not in Sweden, but another of theirs is releasing tomorrow…at goddamn 80 bucks for mixing rum, nope. It’s over proof so maybe for myself but not for a goddamn daiquiri.

I mean gently caress Pernod Ricard, but maybe exporting booze isn't a bad thing, encouraging smoking accidents and general societal malaise? It's not high tech components at least. :v:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

zone posted:

After Mighty Russia gets driven out of Ukraine the official line of stupid Russian bots will be to declare the whole war as a feint to deplete NATO and then go "xaxaxaxa we still did a lot of damage and killed a lot of innocent people", not that they have any shame for them to understand how twisted thinking like that is

That's not blood in my mouth, it's victory borscht!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Splorange posted:

I mean gently caress Pernod Ricard, but maybe exporting booze isn't a bad thing, encouraging smoking accidents and general societal malaise? It's not high tech components at least. :v:

On one hand, while I understand, it’s vodka to Russia. Explicitly, very loud and proud Swedish vodka. The same Sweden they’ve been antagonizing with fake news reports, weird nonsense IT attacks and the whole, uh, NATO thing.

If they want Swedish vodka so badly, they ought to act like it. Do you want the precious globohomo likker?

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

teen witch posted:

On one hand, while I understand, it’s vodka to Russia. Explicitly, very loud and proud Swedish vodka. The same Sweden they’ve been antagonizing with fake news reports, weird nonsense IT attacks and the whole, uh, NATO thing.

If they want Swedish vodka so badly, they ought to act like it. Do you want the precious globohomo likker?

Yeah, the bottom line trounces principles every time.

Also, I'm stealing the Globohomo Likker brand for my home made microbrew.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Is "hershey" a word? Like "hershey chocolate", "hershey reporting"? As in "man, this article was really hershey".

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Karate Bastard posted:

Is "hershey" a word? Like "hershey chocolate", "hershey reporting"? As in "man, this article was really hershey".

No, it's the name of the company's founder and subsequently its brand and the township he built for his workers.

Somaen
Nov 19, 2007

by vyelkin

Anything to pretend that the ghost of Kyiv isn't real

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
https://seymourhersh.substack.com/p/trading-with-the-enemy?r=2efo&utm_medium=ios&utm_campaign=post

Big Z and palls skimmed $400m last year

Ukraine buys it's oil from russia

lmao

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Yes Ukraine is also buying gas from russia and russia was paying Ukraine for transit, I thought everyone knew that

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Tai posted:

https://seymourhersh.substack.com/p/trading-with-the-enemy?r=2efo&utm_medium=ios&utm_campaign=post

Big Z and palls skimmed $400m last year

Ukraine buys it's oil from russia

lmao

Even if true, the Kyiv was a feint thing is so laughably absurd and destroys any credibility he had for this article.

CSM
Jan 29, 2014

56th Motorized Infantry 'Mariupol' Brigade
Seh' die Welt in Trummern liegen
More on those Russian beheading video's:

quote:

The grainy and extremely graphic video appears to have been filmed on a mobile phone, and possibly during the summer months. It shows a man in military uniform wearing a yellow armband - frequently worn as identifying symbols by Ukrainian soldiers.

The perpetrator and other men visible in the clip have white bands on their legs, which Russian soldiers are known to wear as a means of identification.

They can also be heard to speak Russian, although that is not conclusive as many Ukrainians speak Russian too.

Video frames showing a yellow armband and white cloth leg wrapping used by Ukrainian and Russian soldiers respectively

During the short video, the victim with the yellow armband is beheaded by a man with a large knife who is wearing a white band around his leg.

At one point, one of the men holds up body armour with a trident mark - the state symbol of Ukraine - and the comment "Mercenaries!" can be heard.

The body armour features what looks like the Punisher symbol (a comic-book character), which in the current conflict has been spotted being worn by fighters on both sides.

There has been speculation online that the video was filmed near the city of Kreminna in eastern Ukraine.

The BBC has been unable to verify these claims as the video's surrounding features offer too few visual clues to identify its location, such as buildings or specific landscape points.

It also remains unclear when the footage was filmed. It looks as if it's from the current conflict, where white and yellow armbands have been used by opposing sides as identification.

The leaves in the video are bright green which suggests that it may have been from late spring or summer last year.

Some social media users have suggested it may have been filmed in July but we cannot verify this.

The clip began circulating on Telegram late on Tuesday, after a popular pro-Kremlin blogger shared it to his nearly 300,000 followers.

He later claimed he was not the original source of the video and that the footage had been on Telegram before he posted it. We have been unable to find any earlier versions of this video.

The video has since spread to Twitter.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said that "in the world of fakes that we inhabit, we need to check the veracity of this footage".

Another video purporting to show the aftermath of an alleged beheading has also been circulating on social media in recent days.

The video shows what appears to be a destroyed military vehicle. A man filming the scene says in Russian that it had driven over a mine. At least two bodies without heads and hands can be seen lying on the ground nearby.

A yellow armband is visible on the right arm of one of the bodies, suggesting the victims had been fighting on the Ukrainian side. At least three other soldiers can be seen standing over the two bodies.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-65251204

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
feint

noun

A miserable failure that makes your enemy laugh so hard that they get winded and can't laugh at your other miserable failures so much

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmw7XCrBZMs
New intercepted calls dropped. This time it's just two mobiks moaning about their conditions in the field, one complaining about being nearly encircled and having lost two thirds of the people in his company, sardonically saying that the only way to get back home now was to be either wounded badly or KIA. The same soldier says that "everything is great only on TV, it's all lies." The officers don't give a drat, they leg it first when it looks like things go bad, get me out of here, he finishes.

Second person says that it's impossible or very difficult to return the dead for burial because they keep getting ambushed in wooded areas. This guy claims they're running low on any kind of vehicles or armored equipment. Food and water are almost non-existent, and he complains that they live like hobos at best. Which, considering the pictures we've seen of Russian trench systems and camps, checks out. He doesn't even know how long he has to stay, hasn't received warm clothes either. His mother says she'll pray for him towards the end of the call.
:nms: for description of casualties.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Icochet posted:

feint

noun

A miserable failure that makes your enemy laugh so hard that they get winded and can't laugh at your other miserable failures so much

Yeah absolutely presidential. There was a feint in the Desert Storm where they made it look like there was going to be an amphibious assault on the occupied Kuwait in order to force Saddam to keep part of his army defending the coasts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR0UWc_uN0I

Crucially, there was no actual suicidal amphibious assault

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

teen witch posted:

But it is though... Beställningssortimentet is your friend!
https://www.systembolaget.se/produkt/sprit/smith-cross-8270201/

As is this bad boy
https://www.systembolaget.se/produkt/sprit/plantation-8552901/

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Karate Bastard posted:

Its a new term for feeling an unpleasant, sour and tangy taste in your mouth.

Hershey's chocolate is widely believed by non-Americans to taste like vomit, due to using Butyric Acid as an ingredient.

Seymour Hersh's articles on Ukraine have recently been proven to have a similar effect, making most people reading feel sick in their mouth.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I blame Norway

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Tai posted:

I blame Norway

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WNxHUfGc3gE

Nice piece of fish
Jan 29, 2008

Ultra Carp

Tai posted:

I blame Norway

As well you should.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tai posted:

I blame Norway

More like Snoreway!

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

zone posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rmw7XCrBZMs
New intercepted calls dropped. This time it's just two mobiks moaning about their conditions in the field, one complaining about being nearly encircled and having lost two thirds of the people in his company, sardonically saying that the only way to get back home now was to be either wounded badly or KIA. The same soldier says that "everything is great only on TV, it's all lies." The officers don't give a drat, they leg it first when it looks like things go bad, get me out of here, he finishes.

Second person says that it's impossible or very difficult to return the dead for burial because they keep getting ambushed in wooded areas. This guy claims they're running low on any kind of vehicles or armored equipment. Food and water are almost non-existent, and he complains that they live like hobos at best. Which, considering the pictures we've seen of Russian trench systems and camps, checks out. He doesn't even know how long he has to stay, hasn't received warm clothes either. His mother says she'll pray for him towards the end of the call.
:nms: for description of casualties.

https://mobile.twitter.com/talkrealopinion/status/1645764755385200641

https://mobile.twitter.com/talkrealopinion/status/1645764757150920704

https://mobile.twitter.com/talkrealopinion/status/1645764758824468483

https://mobile.twitter.com/talkrealopinion/status/1645764760778964994

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Thank you for sharing a low traffic pro putin account. This might not be the thread you think it is

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Tai posted:

Thank you for sharing a low traffic pro putin account. This might not be the thread you think it is

Yes, I’ll be sure to not volunteer to go to war in a foreign country. This article really changed my mind about dying in a mud field.

Just who is this article suppose to be marketed to? Idiots who want to go fight but are afraid of going into debt?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
I like how you're not supposed to read that and get mad at the actual pieces of poo poo who started this war.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Wow, whoever shot a rocket at this guy sucks real bad, I guess someone should try to do something about it. Thanks for the link.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

"American propaganda brainwashed former soldiers to go to Ukraine."

So, that's funny.

Hey Terminal Autist you gonna actually come defend or explain this post or is this just another poo poo and run?

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Apr 12, 2023

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Lets see what else Global Thinker posts. He seems pretty on the ball.

https://twitter.com/talkrealopinion/status/1646152700722135042?s=20

https://twitter.com/talkrealopinion/status/1646148016519217162?s=20
:captainpop: :aloom:

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Apr 12, 2023

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

American dog Yankee soldier goes to fight for Ukraine, gets dick blown off by Azov! Needs new cybernetic dick that costs $1 million! Many such cases! Don't be a tough guy, don't be an idiot! Don't go to Ukraine!

poor waif
Apr 8, 2007
Kaboom

the holy poopacy posted:

Wow, whoever shot a rocket at this guy sucks real bad, I guess someone should try to do something about it. Thanks for the link.

honestly I've spent the past year thinking that war is very good and I like it a lot. now it seems that war is bad. boy have I got egg on my face!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Terminal autist was threadbanned in the old incarnation, just ignore him and if he does it more then he'll get his old threadban status back

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Toxic Mental posted:

Terminal autist was threadbanned in the old incarnation, just ignore him and if he does it more then he'll get his old threadban status back

Or maybe after at least three hit and run shitposts and now posting tweets describing graphic injuries and what not in the latest post without a by your leave or even a :nws: or :nms: warning in the post it could be enacted now rather than later?

zone fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Apr 12, 2023

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Toxic Mental posted:

This. Please ignore the bait.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Global thinker talk real opinions? <spits out Andrew Tate branded energy drink> I love those!

Disco Pope fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 12, 2023

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Global Thinker huh. Sounds sus. What are they some kind of globalist???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
The funniest bit is despite being surrounded by countries with universal healthcare they shipped his rear end back to the us and put in debt for the rest of his life lmao. Got my skull shattered by a rocket and all I got was this slava ukraina bumper sticker

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)