Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Perestroika posted:

Two things I learned today:

1. NINA actually works, even if it's perhaps a bit overactive
2. I have to loving click through an actual loving cookie consent screen before it would tell me what the hell is actually going on :psyduck:

Why does NINA set non technical cookies?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Because webdevs are morons.

Can you even build a Katastrophenwarnseite without Google Analytics and Adsense? I think not.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

pidan posted:

I was awake way before 7 am due to an antiquated alarm system freaking out about the dead rising from their graves

Jesus Christus.

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
Same here in Barmbek Nord.. But the kids were up already anyway.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Was was the alert about?

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Some dude they thought was dead apparently wasn't after all. Sounds like a inheritance tax dodging scheme to be honest.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Big old fire in Hamburg, producing a whole lot of possibly toxic smoke currently spreading across the city.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Hopper posted:

Some dude they thought was dead apparently wasn't after all. Sounds like a inheritance tax dodging scheme to be honest.

And the Sackville-Baggins are very upset about it.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

pidan posted:

I was awake way before 7 am due to an antiquated alarm system freaking out about the dead rising from their graves

I've been in this country for a very long time now and seen some poo poo, but this is one of the things that still breaks my mind every time I encounter it. When a Schichtarbeiter gets home from a long rear end day at work they have to close all windows and put in ear plugs to get some sleep in many parts of the country because some shithead wants to run his bimmelanlage on max volume every 15 min and when asked why they just get the deer-in-headlight look and say "well, we've been doing this for the last 100 years already, can't stop now..." and the courts just shrug like those words are not completely loving insane gibberish uttered by a clearly insane person

e: thank you for reading my osterrant, I've been woken up waaaaaay too early today too by some other poo poo and have been very grumpy all day

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Perestroika posted:

Big old fire in Hamburg, producing a whole lot of possibly toxic smoke currently spreading across the city.

Really loving big fire:
https://www.n-tv.de/panorama/Feuerwehr-warnt-vor-giftigem-Rauch-nach-Grossbrand-in-Hamburg-article24041661.html

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.
A few weeks ago there as an evacuation order in my city. The nina app vibrated and told me about it. Then I had to refresh the city's webpage for half an hour until they told me which part of the city is actually affected. Extra annoying because my dad can't walk right now.

Looking forward for when i get flood warnings for rivers over an hour of driving away again once spring really starts.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I sure love that when a current warning is downgraded in severity, NINA will still hit me with the big old emergency siren.

Serendipitaet
Apr 19, 2009

voodoo dog posted:

Same here in Barmbek Nord.. But the kids were up already anyway.

Sup Barmbek Nord crew

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
https://twitter.com/kplzentrale/status/1645044858090930178?s=46&t=U9-noZ1-LnfK-riQSG1xvQ

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Theres wagenknecht and then there’s this

https://twitter.com/bodoramelow/status/1645343371005771776?s=46&t=U9-noZ1-LnfK-riQSG1xvQ

:3:

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

I'm closing in on level 3200

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

Zwille posted:

Thanks for your service antigravitas 🫡

anyway

https://twitter.com/nikolaslelle/status/1643602571330723841?s=46&t=U9-noZ1-LnfK-riQSG1xvQ

what sends me is the Ukraine flag

For a moment there I thought oh that is just an Oberlausitzflagge, not Ukraine because that would just fit so well but that car's from Saarland so ???

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Charlz Guybon posted:

I'm closing in on level 3200

yawn, call me when it's over 9000

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
Is this like that Bankman-Fried guy who was a really mediocre League of Legends player

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

Is this like that Bankman-Fried guy who was a really mediocre League of Legends player

No, this is 3 time bundeschampion in watching paint dry. SBF and AOC were at least playing a game.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Didn’t wanna vorenthalten this Ostermarsch Schild to the thread:

https://twitter.com/markuswolsiffer/status/1645463791281242128?s=46&t=U9-noZ1-LnfK-riQSG1xvQ

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
well, poo poo

hopefully sending hundreds of tanks to help defend Ukraine already counts for that particular war, because trying to get involved in every single conflict on the planet seems expensive

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Sorry we cannot partake in this kerfuffle at the moment. Please cease all hostilities immediately. Tia!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Lmao, gather around people and get your sweet, sweet promised legalization. Drink your fill on this magnificent reförmchen

https://www.spiegel.de/politik/deut...ba-50e74422d40f

Legalization of small quantities for personal use (de-facto already current state of affair everywhere but Bayern and Sachsen) and non-profit ~cannabis social clubs~ that are allowed to dispense small quantities for personal use to their members(as if getting some lovely mystery weed is in any way or form a problem in Germany in TYOOL 2023). Completely ratfucked by the SPD again. Not even trying to go for the Dutch model

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

GABA ghoul posted:

Lmao, gather around people and get your sweet, sweet promised legalization. Drink your fill on this magnificent reförmchen

https://www.spiegel.de/politik/deut...ba-50e74422d40f

Legalization of small quantities for personal use (de-facto already current state of affair everywhere but Bayern and Sachsen) and non-profit ~cannabis social clubs~ that are allowed to dispense small quantities for personal use to their members(as if getting some lovely mystery weed is in any way or form a problem in Germany in TYOOL 2023). Completely ratfucked by the SPD again. Not even trying to go for the Dutch model

lol

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I don't want to absolve the traitors in the SPD, but keep in mind the Bundesrat. The government is heavily constrained because conservatives will smother any ambition that isn't already stamped out by the SPD itself or the opposition (FDP).

Getting personal consumption and growing legalised already alleviates a lot of the problems with the current status quo. Hooray, compromise; nobody is happy.

e: BPK at 11:30 iirc?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

In my preferred reality, Lauterbach would go in front of the cameras with a few mystery cookies conspicuously arranged on a platter, eating a few while presenting the Gesetzesvorhaben.

I know he has it in him, I've seen interviews. Embrace the chaos, Lauterbach, you coward.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

What problems does it alleviate though?

Police can still harass people to enforce the possession limits (YOLO Hausdurchsuchungen, de-facto verdachsunabhängige Personenkontrollen, etc.).

The excessive and unscientific Grenzwerte for Verkehrskontrollen stay in place.

The structure of the "social clubs" seems like it's intentionally designed to curb every potential advantage of legalization (like standardized and lab verified concentrations for edibles or a broad strain/products selection)

Illegal trade is still going to continue because the "social clubs" seem to have substantial hurdles, limitations and bureaucracy attached that a lot of people don't have time, energy or will to deal with.

etc.

The only thing this really would improve is the situation in Bayern/Sachsen(where you can get hosed by the cops for even personal use) and I guess the prices are going to drop somewhat cause dealers get some(pretty lovely) competition.

It's a joke reform intentionally designed to not change anything. I get the problem of the Bundesrat. But somehow the Ampel didn't mention the Bundesrat when they were promising pie in the sky a year ago and now they don't even pretend to try to go for a meager solution like the Dutch model due to ~Bundesrat~. I expected absolutely nothing and somehow I'm still disappointed. But that's politics in Germany, I guess.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
So can we switch from chili chat to weed chat this season already?

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I can't believe the SPD would do me like this...

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
Anyway GABA, you know i'm with you on this, but you really don't want the Dutch system either.

Remember that all cannabis production is in fact illegal in the Netherlands (and so is actually smoking etc, it's just that this is decriminalised), which means that the only way that coffeeshops can buy cannabis is though crime syndicates. On top of this they are only "allowed" to have a certain amount on the premises, which means that busy coffeeshops have to do multiple police evading drop runs a day to sell their weed.

It's incredibly hosed up and basically everyone in this whole thing is beholden to those crime syndicates, who do things like buy up whole stretches of residential housing to convert into cannabis farms, who then also get raided by the police lol.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/Markus_Soeder/status/1646116411696095234?t=GnVPSoEcr5r74Oy01f2vmA&s=19

Says the man who thinks getting blackout drunk and pissing yourself is a valuable Kulturgut that needs to be defend to the death.

nawilo_420 posted:

Anyway GABA, you know i'm with you on this, but you really don't want the Dutch system either.

Remember that all cannabis production is in fact illegal in the Netherlands (and so is actually smoking etc, it's just that this is decriminalised), which means that the only way that coffeeshops can buy cannabis is though crime syndicates. On top of this they are only "allowed" to have a certain amount on the premises, which means that busy coffeeshops have to do multiple police evading drop runs a day to sell their weed.

It's incredibly hosed up and basically everyone in this whole thing is beholden to those crime syndicates, who do things like buy up whole stretches of residential housing to convert into cannabis farms, who then also get raided by the police lol.

Still better than what we are getting though.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Yo, when man get to grow mad-leaf on the balcony, then?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Antigravitas posted:

I don't want to absolve the traitors in the SPD, but keep in mind the Bundesrat. The government is heavily constrained because conservatives will smother any ambition that isn't already stamped out by the SPD itself or the opposition (FDP).

Getting personal consumption and growing legalised already alleviates a lot of the problems with the current status quo. Hooray, compromise; nobody is happy.

e: BPK at 11:30 iirc?

I wonder which party is responsible for Ampel no longer having a Bundesratmehrheit since the Berlin election.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Decriminalised personal usage and growing small batches at home is the only good part of that proposal and viable first step.

Everything that's currently on the table like Spanish (Social Clubs) or Dutch (Coffee shops) models both from a legal point of view "suck rear end".

The only viable second step towards proper legalising of cannabis is EU based legislation for taxed commercial supply or government supply.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Randler posted:

I wonder which party is responsible for Ampel no longer having a Bundesratmehrheit since the Berlin election.

Taps the sign:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

GABA ghoul posted:

What problems does it alleviate though?

Police can still harass people to enforce the possession limits (YOLO Hausdurchsuchungen, de-facto verdachsunabhängige Personenkontrollen, etc.).

The excessive and unscientific Grenzwerte for Verkehrskontrollen stay in place.

The structure of the "social clubs" seems like it's intentionally designed to curb every potential advantage of legalization (like standardized and lab verified concentrations for edibles or a broad strain/products selection)

Illegal trade is still going to continue because the "social clubs" seem to have substantial hurdles, limitations and bureaucracy attached that a lot of people don't have time, energy or will to deal with.

etc.

The only thing this really would improve is the situation in Bayern/Sachsen(where you can get hosed by the cops for even personal use) and I guess the prices are going to drop somewhat cause dealers get some(pretty lovely) competition.

It's a joke reform intentionally designed to not change anything. I get the problem of the Bundesrat. But somehow the Ampel didn't mention the Bundesrat when they were promising pie in the sky a year ago and now they don't even pretend to try to go for a meager solution like the Dutch model due to ~Bundesrat~. I expected absolutely nothing and somehow I'm still disappointed. But that's politics in Germany, I guess.

Here are some Ecken and Punkte: https://www.bundesgesundheitsministerium.de/presse/pressemitteilungen/eckpunkte-cannabis-12-04-23.html

The current status quo means the application of the law is effectively arbitrary. Whether police comes after a user depends entirely on the mood of the police and how well they like the face of someone. It's a mockery of the Rechtsstaat. Just the mere act of saying "nope, walking around with 25g is legal, and so is owning three plants" eliminates the majority of redundant and wasteful police action that isn't accepted in society anyway.

Also

quote:

Die Grenzwerte im Straßen-, Schiffs- und Luftverkehr werden unter Einbeziehung der ein­schlägigen Fachgremien überprüft. Regelungen über die Zulässigkeit von Fahrten unter Einfluss von Cannabis orientieren sich dabei ausschließlich an den Erfordernissen der Verkehrssicher­heit.

That's quite a departure from the current status quo, actually.

quote:

Es wird ermöglicht, Verurteilungen, die ausschließlich wegen Handlungen im Zusammenhang mit Cannabis eingetragen sind, für die das Gesetz künftig keine Strafe mehr vorsieht (Besitz bis 25g/Eigenanbau bis max. 3 weibliche blühende Pflanzen), auf Antrag aus dem Bundeszentral­register löschen zu lassen. Mit Inkrafttreten des Gesetzes werden laufende Ermittlungs- und Straf­verfahren zu diesen Handlungen durch die bereits in der StPO vorgesehenen Möglich­keiten beendet.

Also pretty good. That's basically all of the convictions outside of Straßenverkehr.

The Verein is the most Alman institution there is. It is only natural that it becomes the Vanguard of Bubatz.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

"Die Beschaffung von Saatgut für den (Erst-)Anbau in den Vereinigungen wird ermöglicht. Die Importmöglichkeit von Saatgut aus Drittstaaten wird geprüft."

Die Beschaffung von Saatgut für den (Erst-)Anbau in den Vereinigungen ist leider nicht möglich.

:shrug:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

In a way it is the most German possible solution: "Want to get pot? Why don't you just make an e.V. about it?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

ephex posted:

"Die Beschaffung von Saatgut für den (Erst-)Anbau in den Vereinigungen wird ermöglicht.

Realistically, seeds will just mysteriously appear in some Verein, everyone will act surprised (but not enought to investigate), and from then on they will circulate between Vereine.