Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

Admiral Ray posted:

Why the gently caress would you ever put the turn signals on the wheel itself?

you won't care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Only buttons i use on my steering wheel are to control the radio

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
so you can signal when your turning

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

*Yoda voice* hrrmm... the woke mind virus, strong with this thread lol

They're called mitichlorians

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
of course the forum with a megathread about how much it hates doesnt understand how steering wheels work... smh

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Admiral Ray posted:

So I guess this is the new steering wheel they sell instead of the yoke. This thing looks cheap as poo poo.

elon hates stalks so he forced this. its entirely not industry standard and dumb as poo poo.

the one cool thing is it looks like they are using haptic feedback on them which is something ive seen at trade shows and poo poo for years

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!
I thought he explicitly said you couldnt swap out the yoke for a normal steering wheel

wonder what happened

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

tenderjerk posted:

I thought he explicitly said you couldnt swap out the yoke for a normal steering wheel

wonder what happened

It does cost like $700.

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Admiral Ray posted:

So I guess this is the new steering wheel they sell instead of the yoke. This thing looks cheap as poo poo.

Elon's fingerprints are found on every interface his companies put out. Less is not more, more is more. Just keep cramming stuff into the software, build navigations 6 layers deep, friction doesn't matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD2z2Pa8X00

Looking forward to X, the everything app!

Tirade
Jul 17, 2001

Cybertron must act decisively to prevent and oppose acts of genocide and violations of international robot rights law and to bring perpetrators before the Decepticon Justice Division
Pillbug

Nonsense posted:

all the white supremacists are heavily pushing X. there is zero chance he ever punishes those accounts.

American History X, The Everything App

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

of course the forum with a megathread about how much it hates doesnt understand how steering wheels work... smh

It's not fair to assume that everyone on a forum doesn't understand how steering wheels work based on one megathread about hating something. People have different areas of expertise and interests, and they may not necessarily be knowledgeable about a particular subject. It's important to approach discussions with an open mind and to be respectful of others, even if their views or knowledge differ from yours. It's also helpful to provide informative and constructive responses rather than making dismissive comments.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

capacitive steering wheel controls :gonk:

e; i have an ouya tag now? thank u brave tag angels

HAIL eSATA-n has issued a correction as of 15:43 on Apr 12, 2023

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

D O R K Y posted:

Elon's fingerprints are found on every interface his companies put out. Less is not more, more is more. Just keep cramming stuff into the software, build navigations 6 layers deep, friction doesn't matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD2z2Pa8X00

Looking forward to X, the everything app!

I would just like close the vent because I'm cold without having to figure out a UI

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Admiral Ray posted:

They're still designing the UI like it's a yoke. This is the laziest solution they could've come up with

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

love to not be able to hit the horn because im driving with my leather driving gloves on and smash into an emu

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

ELTON JOHN posted:

hopefully other news orgs follow. that would be really funny

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1646140104640004098

lol this moron is just knocking over key pillars that drive traffic to Twitter.

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde

ELTON JOHN posted:

hopefully other news orgs follow. that would be really funny

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/1646140104640004098

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Slotducks posted:

love to not be able to hit the horn because im driving with my leather driving gloves on and smash into an emu

I reckon if someone tried hard enough they could incept the concept into Elon's brain that True Gentlemen Sirs can't drive his car with their driving gloves on, and get him to change the design.

Glumwheels
Jan 25, 2003

https://twitter.com/BidenHQ

OhFunny posted:

Idk, seems like he gladly wants the news orgs to leave. He wants rando twitter accounts to break news.

Then the news is whatever Musk wants it to be (fake, disinformation, etc) because he can amplify it. The news orgs get in the way of that by reporting the truth and on Elon’s bad news.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Mola Yam posted:

wow even musk says we need to move on from the twitter files, guess we can wrap it up here too

he's just saying what the deep state intelligence agencies told him to

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think he's just willing to forgive. Perhaps this thread should take a lesson from him

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

the milk machine posted:

he's just saying what the deep state intelligence agencies told him to

This sentiment is exactly why the Twitter files is so utterly important. You misunderstood the entire thing.

The deep state *wants* you to think that Elon Musk is doing what the deep state is telling him to do so you'll just reject him completely instead of actually trying to listen to what he is saying.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

OhFunny posted:

Elong is simply destroying the Woke Mind Virus one state-affiliated news organization at a time

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

NeonPunk posted:

This sentiment is exactly why the Twitter files is so utterly important. You misunderstood the entire thing.

The deep state *wants* you to think that Elon Musk is doing what the deep state is telling him to do so you'll just reject him completely instead of actually trying to listen to what he is saying.

this post sounds exactly like what the deep state would post if they knew somebody (me) was getting too close to the truth

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Rynn posted:

Elong is simply destroying the Woke Mind Virus one state-affiliated news organization at a time

that's right

lurkeskywalker
Jul 12, 2016

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I think he's just willing to forgive. Perhaps this thread should take a lesson from him

That would sickkk!

lurkeskywalker
Jul 12, 2016

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

that's far right

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

what is this thread about?

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

rodbeard posted:

the FBI doesn't want you to know

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

rodbeard posted:

cars

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

rodbeard posted:

epic memes

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

rodbeard posted:

Interesting.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

rodbeard posted:

!

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
I don't love NPR but I do love watching Elon make terrible business decisions.

fizzy
Dec 2, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

rodbeard posted:

Please provide more details or context so that I can better understand your question and provide a helpful response.

das hipster
Mar 7, 2005

rodbeard posted:

About 18 pages too long

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

shyduck posted:

They're still designing the UI like it's a yoke. This is the laziest solution they could've come up with

They should get rid of physical controls as far as possible and go with voice commands. C'mon OS/2 Warp could do this!

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!

rodbeard posted:

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

rodbeard posted:

looking into this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Nenonen posted:

They should get rid of physical controls as far as possible and go with voice commands. C'mon OS/2 Warp could do this!

Looking forward to the day when I get to show my passengers my fave music.

https://youtu.be/a1aZjlpvpS0