Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Moon Slayer posted:

So you buy a bunch of stuff and then resell it, but then after a while you recruit people to buy your stuff and then resell it. So you're one of a couple of people below someone, and then you've got a couple people below you.

If you imagine it on a chart it's kind of a triangle shape. So it's like a ... triangle plan? No wait that doesn't sound right. What's another word for that triangle shape but in 3D?

Reverse Funnel!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nae
Sep 3, 2020

what.

it’s not a pyramid scheme, it’s a triangle strategy

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
It's a dimaryp.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

How about a Triforce scheme? You need the power to convince people to buy your product, the wisdom of utilizing many marketing strategies, and the courage to bullshit your way through tough customers.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Someone in yospos called the field of crypto a "sierpinski pyramid scheme" once and I lol every time I'm reminded of it

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Wait, there are only three triangles in the Triforce?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for yelling at my wife for taking down a special anniversary painting I bought her so she could display her sisters basic drawing
My wife had a previous Calvin and Hobbes painting that her sister did and it hangs in our 2.5 year olds room (despite me voicing my disapproval)

...why?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Didn’t want to piss off Bill Waterson

Tijuana-A-Go-Go
Aug 2, 2019

Doggles Aficionado

Considering this line:

quote:

My wife of 5 years is a huge fan of Calvin and Hobbes. She has been since she was a teenager (she’s 43 now)

I'm guessing it's because he thinks it's childish bullshit, and childish things should be dropped the instant you become An Adult

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I went to the post to see if that one was clarified and OP pulled some "well her family is HOMOPHOBIC CONSERVATIVES and that's why I don't like them, so really my aversion makes total sense!" bullshit. And you didn't think to put that in the OP the first time? gently caress off with that.

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Evil Willow posted:

AITA for berating my friend for not administering CPR?

AITA for being a swell and super guy who is just concerned about my friend and trying to help everyone do and be better? oh and I did sexually harass one of them but w/e.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

Tijuana-A-Go-Go posted:

Considering this line:

I'm guessing it's because he thinks it's childish bullshit, and childish things should be dropped the instant you become An Adult

I mean, I loved Final Fantasy when I was a kid but I'm 40 now and I don't put up wall scrolls of anime and videogame characters anymore. Maybe the C&H painting just sucks?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Midnight Voyager posted:

I went to the post to see if that one was clarified and OP pulled some "well her family is HOMOPHOBIC CONSERVATIVES and that's why I don't like them, so really my aversion makes total sense!" bullshit. And you didn't think to put that in the OP the first time? gently caress off with that.

Yeah, the switch from weirdly vague specificity about Calvin and Hobbes to multiple edits of "forgot to mention, we're both women and her family's homophobic" is some real :psyduck: stuff

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Wait, there are only three triangles in the Triforce?

Five, actually

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Let me show you all how to tri-force

▲▲

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Nocheez posted:

She's selfish because she wants to have a relationship with another adult that isn't her ex-husband? I'm pretty sure a 12-year old girl is manipulative enough to know that she can do whatever she wants at one parent's house, and the other has some rules, and she knows which she'd rather be in.

Sounds more like "mom is a nutjob control freak but dad isn't", especially with this bullshit line:

quote:

More so, my daughter is a child, and she shouldn't have the right to dictate how much she sees her parents.
The kid is a human being with actual feelings & autonomy, not some object she can lord over & dictate her boundaries/choices. Mom can gently caress right off.

Foo Diddley posted:

AITA for going to my brother bachelor party?

Ex's name anagrams to "a alien" so hopefully she & the baby go back to her home planet

Tism the Dragon Tickler posted:

it's greedo butthole guy

Han poo poo first

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

its good imo

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Nocheez posted:

I mean, I loved Final Fantasy when I was a kid but I'm 40 now and I don't put up wall scrolls of anime and videogame characters anymore. Maybe the C&H painting just sucks?

Seems like you don't like fun and should think about putting up wall scrolls

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Nocheez posted:

You post on a dying comedy website I don’t think the holier than thou stuff works very well

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Nocheez posted:

It's cool to be old and life an un-fun life (whatever floats your boat and all that), but you can be old and also put fun stuff on your walls fyi

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost

The Diddler posted:

It's cool to be old and life an un-fun life (whatever floats your boat and all that), but you can be old and also put fun stuff on your walls fyi

Oh I have fun stuff, you should see my Birds of Prey painting (it's a recreation of the Last Supper but with raptors instead)! But I mean, sometimes you just leave your childhood where it is. It's OK, sometimes we just grow out of things.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
But the op didn’t grow out of it. The other person was being a dick about it

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Nocheez posted:

Oh I have fun stuff, you should see my Birds of Prey painting (it's a recreation of the Last Supper but with raptors instead)! But I mean, sometimes you just leave your childhood where it is. It's OK, sometimes we just grow out of things.

Is your boyfriend still mad about the bears?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Nocheez posted:

There is no reason to grow out of this:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

AITA for calling my grandma's neighbors family crazy and telling them to leave us the gently caress alone

quote:

My grandma raised me (26m). She's been a widow since she was 21. Raised her daughter alone after my grandpa died while serving the country and when my mom went down a dark path and had me and didn't want me she stepped in and raised me. Anyone who knows her knows she is happily single and focuses on other stuff. About twenty years ago a couple moved in next door to her. The wife died six years ago. Ever since the widower has been trying to get my grandma to marry him. She told me about it a few times and I have seen the guy try to get closer to grandma. His family (I believe his two daughters and son) have even asked grandma to consider a companionship with him. She said no. She always has.

I was visiting grandma for a couple of weeks and saw the family three times. First time they asked if I was her grandson and suggested it would be nice for grandma and their dad to get together, second time they actually followed me to my car while I was going to get groceries and asked if I would talk to grandma about it. The third time I was doing yard work and they stop to chat. They tell me how their dad really likes my grandma, how she's been alone and crying for my grandpa for too long and I should encourage her to marry their dad and find another happily ever after because she doesn't realize how lonely she must be now that she's all alone.

I told them they were crazy if they thought my grandma didn't know herself and they said she's lying to herself. Nobody is happily widowed for fifty something years and doesn't miss the love and companionship of a romantic partner. They started getting overly chatty on my grandma's lack of a sex life and I told them to leave us the gently caress alone.

They told me I didn't need to be so rude and was holding grandma back. They then complained to grandma that she had raised me to be an rear end. Grandma laughed that they were so outraged given what they were talking about.

But AITA for being so rude to them?

Hey kid, tell your granny our dad's up for donating some d!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Runcible Cat posted:

AITA for calling my grandma's neighbors family crazy and telling them to leave us the gently caress alone

in the 19th century this is very normal

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I think most people grow up with at least one kind of lovely neighbor, but this is a new kind to me.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
We once lived near a woman that went around to the other neighbors with a coffee cup asking to borrow some vodka.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

We once lived near a woman that went around to the other neighbors with a coffee cup asking to borrow some vodka.

Are you sure that wasn't your ex wife?!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
This was when I was a kid living with my parents. She wasn’t even the weirdest neighbor, that prize goes to old woman that would throw pennies from her second floor window at kids trick-or-treating while laughing and coughing.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Runcible Cat posted:

Stop being such a prude and tell your gam-gam to take out her teeth and give our gompy a blowie, jeez

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Puts some perspective on the woman who decided my mom's house was her dream home and tried to stalk her into selling.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Kenshin posted:

Are you sure that wasn't your ex wife?!

lmao

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
During the heights of the housing boom we'd get "offers" on our house like once a week. I presume that most of these were scams, low-ball sharks, realtors looking for clients etc. We developed a canned response that informed the house was indeed for sale at 500k over the already ridiculous price that Zillow listed and directed them to contact our attorney (me, though my professional name is different than what's on the deed) with firm written offers only.

Never once has to deal with a follow up, guess their totally real clients had other fish to fry.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Did she ever return the vodka?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Depends on your definition of return I guess.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Biplane posted:

its good imo

Loss?

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Sounds more like "mom is a nutjob control freak but dad isn't", especially with this bullshit line:

The kid is a human being with actual feelings & autonomy, not some object she can lord over & dictate her boundaries/choices. Mom can gently caress right off.

Ex's name anagrams to "a alien" so hopefully she & the baby go back to her home planet

Han poo poo first

Yeah, any parent who talks about how "you are a child, you don't have rights" is TA.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

No, it's a different 15-year-old meme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

rotinaj posted:

Stop being such a prude and tell your gam-gam to take out her teeth and give our gompy a blowie, jeez

Point of order, that would be a "gummie".