Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: symbolic)

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i made a thread for Hell's Paradise. it's normal.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4029615

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Fangz posted:

I think calling Skip and Loafer a romance is a bit inaccurate. I mean there is a romance angle but I think it's mostly a drama/comedy about the main character trying to settle in at university and make friends. The side characters are as important as the love interest. I'd compare it to something like Honey and Clover.

i like it a lot so far but i just find the op/ed to be kinda skippable

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So far my level of interaction sits at humming Skip and Loafer to the tune of Skip to my Lou.

Skip to my Loafer darling

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

ninjewtsu posted:

i have 0 opinions or interest in the show. i do appreciate the first thread attempting to do something creative and funny even if it missed the mark substantially (sorry dude i gave up reading that after a few seconds and i don't understand how the bit relates to the show at all)

it would probably make sense if you read the op. i haven't read the manga, but people in this thread seem to like skip and loafer because the side characters are more than just props for the main characters to bounce off of. everyone gets moments to grow through their interactions with each other. that's what the op says, but they used big words because it's funny to look at something onstensibly light and charming through the lens of big words.

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
yamada-kun doesn't quite have the production values of insomniacs or skip and loafer, but i think it's going to have the goofiest faces which is just as valuable.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Tree Goat posted:

okay. but i do want to clarify that i am insufferable and up my own rear end, whereas the show is an extremely light romcom that is mostly people having fun at school, in case there was confusion on that point.

Keep cooking

symbolic posted:

im going to beat the tar out of this nerd

Crow ftw

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

the threads, long divided, must unite; the threads, long united, must divide.

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

My take: get rid of show-specific seasonal threads entirely. It saps discussion from the general seasonal thread, so whenever I check SA-ADTRW and see no new replies in the seasonal thread I am reminded that I read and post on a dead comedy forum, and consequently of my own mortality. As long as, uh, people only post about shows I like, I mean. All isekai and shonen talk should be banished from the seasonal thread and for good measure the forums as a whole.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Take it to the feedback thread buddy.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

littleorv posted:

Keep cooking

Crow ftw

sorry orv but if i wanted to see an up-your-rear end posting style as a "gimmick" i'd become a D&D poster, it's AIDS

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
i don't know what a "bit" or a "posting style" is but I do like to watch show that is good. Skiplo is a show that is good, do watch

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I think if you're going to do a bit for an OP, it should at least be related to the show.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
i think there have been too many posts about post about show, there should be more posts about show instead

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Megamissen posted:

i like it a lot so far but i just find the op/ed to be kinda skippable

The OP is a must-watch for me because I love that goofy dance.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

manic pixie dream girl is a psyop term made up by 35 year old white men to criticize movies where a woman is funny

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Oshi no Ko ep1 has arrived.

also Konosuba Megumin sp2

wednesday is a good anime day

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

manic pixie dream girl is a psyop term made up by 35 year old white men to criticize movies where a woman is funny

I googled the term out of curiosity and the 35 year old white man that coined the term has begged people to stop using it lmao.

I don’t really care about posting gimmick as it doesn’t effect my life in any meaningful capacity. If people feel there’s a real need for a “proper” thread feel free to make it as both existing threads tell me nothing about the show. Otherwise I’ll just leave them be until one consumes the other.

My advice to the gimmick poster is to just commit to it and annoy as many people as possible without being self conscious about it.

Farewell

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

:thumbsup:

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

SexyBlindfold posted:

i think there have been too many posts about post about show, there should be more posts about show instead

I think people should not "Skip and Loaf" on this show op

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

i think it's fine to have show threads for popular shows. i will make them occasionally if i think they'll get used. or if i like something enough that i feel like trying to play tastemaker

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
for long running shows and franchises that keep on going like gundam and one piece yea.

but seasonal shows that are getting barely 10 posts a week, and won't see any action at all after the short 12 episode cour it has lined up is finished?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

threads are good

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Just make a thread, who gives a poo poo if nobody posts in it. You don't need to convene a council to decide the appropriate level of engagement to warrant a separate place to post about something.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

littleorv posted:

I googled the term out of curiosity and the 35 year old white man that coined the term has begged people to stop using it lmao.

looked this up myself and lol that the term didn't really take off until someone had the idea to make a listicle out of it

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Oshi no Ko ep1 (feels weird calling it an episode 1, since its freaking 2 hours long, its a drat movie)

I think this is the most realistic pregnant looking belly/body i seen in anime

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

can you imagine? a thread being made? that no one posts in?

utterly shameful for the high standards of this forum. absolutely the kind of filth that needs to be curtailed immediately

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

GateOfD posted:

for long running shows and franchises that keep on going like gundam and one piece yea.

but seasonal shows that are getting barely 10 posts a week, and won't see any action at all after the short 12 episode cour it has lined up is finished?

Easier to see posts in such a thread instead of tracking them down in a gigantic catch-all thread.

A thread doesn't need a million posts to be good.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Another advantage of seasonal threads for shows is I don't have to read all the tedious posts where people impotently attempt to dunk on the terrible shows they just have to watch and then tell us about for some reason.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

That’s going to happen no matter what

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Also people should post more threads in general methinks

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Dryzen posted:

That’s going to happen no matter what

well yeah duh. but i can dodge these threads which I usually do. whereas if all seasonal shows are contained to one thread i'm just not going to read or post about any of them, depending on the season's isekai ratio

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
can we get a skip thread and a loafer thread? doing a skip and loafer thread first is just not the way it is done

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
I thought the joke OP for the gambling girls anime whose name escapes me right now was funny, but I never watched the show and so still have no idea if the girls actually represent different economic theory writers.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

they dont but class struggle is actually part of the show so it makes sense as a bit

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I remember that time I made the thread for wonder egg priority be just a photo of an egg as a joke, and the mods made me put more effort into making a proper thread "because the show deserves it"

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
All shows deserve it.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Fangz posted:

I remember that time I made the thread for wonder egg priority be just a photo of an egg as a joke, and the mods made me put more effort into making a proper thread "because the show deserves it"
i mean its not like people expected the specific nosedive that show took

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

joke thread ops should be celebrated

Fangz posted:

yo this sucks

Tree Goat
May 24, 2009

argania spinosa

Lessail posted:

can we get a skip thread and a loafer thread? doing a skip and loafer thread first is just not the way it is done

i would like to reiterate that it is still very funny to me that a thread where i use the hegelian dialectic to structure talking about the show (and i do talk about the show in the op, not sure where the idea that the op is not about the show comes from, it just talks about it in a particular way, i don't lie about it) results in an initial thread, a second thread created in oppositional reaction to it, and then a proposed final third thread that would resolve the tension between both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

frankly i just hate the show on principle now