Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Kliff to USC as QB Coach

doesn't solve the whole defense thing

Might hurt it just because of his presence by osmosis in some fashion given what we know.

But that's a frightening match of offensive minds if he works will with Lincoln Riley. Go all in, score all the points, give up all the points. Show the Big 10 how it's done west coast style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

It's weird to me that Levis is even in this conversation. I guess he never really came in at Penn State except to do QB runs as a gadget play.

Grittybeard posted:

Might hurt it just because of his presence by osmosis in some fashion given what we know.

But that's a frightening match of offensive minds if he works will with Lincoln Riley. Go all in, score all the points, give up all the points. Show the Big 10 how it's done west coast style.

It works against most teams, but not the ones that are still built to play defense, like Penn State and Michigan (see Utah as an example in the PAC that could routinely contain USC)

Komet fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Apr 11, 2023

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

levis didn't do a whole hell of a lot at kentucky either

big arm though

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Warbird posted:

Nystral is right, about an hour and change to stand around and gawk, pee, choose some things to eat, and checkout.

If you go in the morning or late at night you can knock all of these things out in 15 minutes. Walking around Bucees in the afternoon is as crowded as a ball game. That's why I actually avoid them if possible.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

You're not wrong but go mid afternoon and enjoy the chaos for your first time imo.

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

“Go win the Heimlich Trophy!”

Grittybeard posted:

I mean, Riley’s basically just NFL Kliff with a preference for Counter more than Power. Like, I get the idea of trying to solve problems with scoring, but I don’t see anything Kliff does that isn’t utterly redundant with Lincoln save maybe having him figure out that room beyond Caleb. If they figure out a way to fix their pass pro in the vertical game, maybe that’s worth it, but I doubt Kliff has any better ideas there given what happened to Kyler. This seems entirely like a flashy hire to cover for the fact that Alex Grinch somehow still has a job.

Who is this year’s Levis or AR where we all know he’s pretty bad but someone decides he isn’t in time for next year’s draft? Im thinking it’s Milton but I want to know who else’s tape I need to crunch and be ready to murder next year.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

If Quinn Ewers gets benched because Texas boosters demand Arch Manning, he could be that guy.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Milton is the top of that list Grey Ghost, he looked like a real QB in the Orange Bowl but i've been fooled before. Dude is 100% talent and I'm still not sure he really can play the position, but god NFL scouts are going to drool over his measurables. He's going to test incredibly well in a combine setting.

Spencer Rattler is probably #2 on that list, he flashes, has lots of NFL desired talents, and is still deeply head scratching game to game.

I think Phil Jurkevic at Pitt might end up in that role, elevated beyond what he is because of where he's played and how he presents.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

TheGreyGhost posted:

Who is this year’s Levis or AR where we all know he’s pretty bad but someone decides he isn’t in time for next year’s draft? Im thinking it’s Milton but I want to know who else’s tape I need to crunch and be ready to murder next year.

Carson Beck

By all accounts has a huge arm but had big issues with consistency and throwing picks in practice. Looked ok during game time during blowouts but I’m really skeptical

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

TheGreyGhost posted:

I mean, Riley’s basically just NFL Kliff with a preference for Counter more than Power. Like, I get the idea of trying to solve problems with scoring, but I don’t see anything Kliff does that isn’t utterly redundant with Lincoln save maybe having him figure out that room beyond Caleb. If they figure out a way to fix their pass pro in the vertical game, maybe that’s worth it, but I doubt Kliff has any better ideas there given what happened to Kyler. This seems entirely like a flashy hire to cover for the fact that Alex Grinch somehow still has a job.

bo nix

Blotto_Otter
Aug 16, 2013

The Notorious ZSB posted:

I think Phil Jurkevic at Pitt might end up in that role, elevated beyond what he is because of where he's played and how he presents.
TIL that Jurkovec transferred to Pitt, and, uh, good luck with all that to everyone involved, I guess

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

dirty shrimp money posted:

If Quinn Ewers gets benched because Texas boosters demand Arch Manning, he could be that guy.

I think Ewers still has a lot of juice with the fanbase and boosters because he loving smoked OU last year. Plus, he got rid of his dumbass haircut.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Declan MacManus posted:

levis didn't do a whole hell of a lot at kentucky either

big arm though

Last year skews it a bit with the o-line issues and subsequent injuries, but he did win 10 games 2 years ago. Accuracy has been an issue, but when he was free to run he had dual threat ability (just ask Louisville).

I'm not saying he's a sure NFL bet. No one is. But I have hard time understanding the people who love Richardson but hate on Levis. Did they not watch the UK-UF games the past 2 years?

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

PostNouveau posted:

I think Ewers still has a lot of juice with the fanbase and boosters because he loving smoked OU last year. Plus, he got rid of his dumbass haircut.

Hopefully he finds a better touch on the deep balls or Sark doesn't revert to unleashing the dragon so much when the team gets down.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Neil Armbong posted:

Hopefully he finds a better touch on the deep balls or Sark doesn't revert to unleashing the dragon so much when the team gets down.

Yeah, hopefully they take a good look at how badly those deep passes went and work on it a lot.

Xavier Worthy was apparently playing the back half of the season with a major hand injury. Hopefully the coaching staff doesn't think that was the only problem there because Ewers and him were not on the same page or Ewers was just flat out missing him most of the time.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Milton is the top of that list Grey Ghost, he looked like a real QB in the Orange Bowl but i've been fooled before. Dude is 100% talent and I'm still not sure he really can play the position, but god NFL scouts are going to drool over his measurables. He's going to test incredibly well in a combine setting.

Lol I haven’t even thought about it but if Richardson is getting this attention I can’t imagine what’ll happen with Milton if he even shows up to be halfway competent

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Joey Freshwater posted:

Lol I haven’t even thought about it but if Richardson is getting this attention I can’t imagine what’ll happen with Milton if he even shows up to be halfway competent

Is Milton in contention to be literally the most athletic QB prospect ever?

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t know how fast/movable he actually is, but I’m willing to take some odds now that he may have the strongest arm in the NFL if he were there right now.

Rattler’s tape shows a guy who knows he has the arm he does and forces reads he shouldn’t as a result. Particularly the dropoff when people realized he would be baited.

Jurkovec’s tape so far has looked like a guy who thinks he is Cam Newton and is actually like…Sam Darnoldish?

Bo’s tape got better in Oregon, and you could talk me into him Day 2 next year based on that.

KKKLIP ART posted:

Carson Beck

By all accounts has a huge arm but had big issues with consistency and throwing picks in practice. Looked ok during game time during blowouts but I’m really skeptical

This one I’m fascinated by because I want to believe Kirby is smart, but starting Jake Fromm and the initial year or so of Stetson makes me think he just fundamentally doesn’t like quarterbacks more adventurous than like AJ McCarron. I know there are supposedly a bunch of big arm elite prospects in that QB room, but none of them have seized the job? Really?

Neil Armbong posted:

I don’t know what else you do in that offense man. Bijian and Worthy were the only options, so max protection verts make sense when everyone is healthy and in sync. Feels insane to put a manning in a weird packaged offense like Sark’s but who knows, I still think Arch is overrated.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

It's not everyone that has a chance to completely suck at 3 different schools

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

UGA naming a new Uga

https://twitter.com/UGAAthletics/status/1645803782654296066?s=20

Uga X retires with two natties despite almost being killed by Bevo, not bad.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

D.N. Nation posted:

There's a lot of stuff that almost killed that dog.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

D.N. Nation posted:

UGA naming a new Uga

https://twitter.com/UGAAthletics/status/1645803782654296066?s=20

After killing two Ugas in three years, I guess they finally got the bloodline a little less screwy. Uga X started in 2015.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

YOLOsubmarine posted:

i mean richardson shattered the broad jump and vert records for QBs and ran a 4.43 at 250 lbs while being able to throw 70 yard passes

it's going to be pretty hard to top that (although levis and milton probably have stronger arms which is crazy)

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Declan MacManus posted:

i mean richardson shattered the broad jump and vert records for QBs and ran a 4.43 at 250 lbs while being able to throw 70 yard passes

it's going to be pretty hard to top that (although levis and milton probably have stronger arms which is crazy)

https://twitter.com/vol_football/status/1606040740336902173?s=46&t=dey-fY90sO_5KMvNzbaWlA

Joe Milton circus started last bowl season

vols, bitch

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Declan MacManus posted:

I don’t know anything about Milton so it was a sincere question. But as you said, Richardson isn’t just a big, pretty athletic guy with a big arm, he’s literally the most athletic QB prospect ever. He’s Justin Fields speed in Josh Allen’s body and with Josh Allen’s arm. He’s a unicorn. Unfortunately just like a unicorn he’s pretty bad at football.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I don’t know anything about Milton so it was a sincere question. But as you said, Richardson isn’t just a big, pretty athletic guy with a big arm, he’s literally the most athletic QB prospect ever. He’s Justin Fields speed in Josh Allen’s body and with Josh Allen’s arm. He’s a unicorn. Unfortunately just like a unicorn he’s pretty bad at football.

How dare you speak ill of the man who's going to win Seattle's next three Super Bowls :mad:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

https://twitter.com/itsbterrell/status/1646155417301417984

Oh boy I bet this will go over great with the locals.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Warbird posted:

::Cough cough women's hoops cough cough::

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Coco13 posted:

::Cough cough women's hoops cough cough::

I was about to say "a season opener in November??"

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Yeah I was gonna say who the gently caress is opening NCAAF in November lmao

The French are a polychronic people so ig they're just on French time

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Starting the college football season the 16th of Brumaire, Year CCXXXI

TheGreyGhost
Feb 14, 2012

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Actually, after the fact, I have to note that we undervalue prospect Jamarcus as well. Same arm, came in at 6’6 260 and ran like a 4.7 flat.. Similar uh…questionable accuracy. AR’s numbers were pretty crazy too, but Milton and Jamarcus are both like 3 inches taller and I’m betting 30-40 pounds heavier.

There’s an extremely sick part of me that wants to know what the QB room was like with Jimbo having Jamarcus and Ryan Perriloux in the same room trying to run his stupid timing route bullshit. How is it that Jimbo can only run an offense with like…all time character risk guys at QB.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Warbird posted:

Is it rude to hope our Notre Dame suffers the same fate as theirs

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Cthulu Carl posted:

Starting the college football season the 16th of Brumaire, Year CCXXXI

Which, turns out, is a Tuesday.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Sash! posted:

Which, turns out, is a Tuesday.

Actually it's... Well I'm not seeing any converter that also provides what day in the décade it is

Then there's figuring out the kickoff time in decimal time...

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Cthulu Carl posted:

I was about to say "a season opener in November??"

It's the metric system you see. Do the French like basketball? I know it's quite liked in Asia, but I honestly know dick all about Euro sports outside of soccer, funny NASCAR, and singing competitions.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Warbird posted:

It's the metric system you see. Do the French like basketball? I know it's quite liked in Asia, but I honestly know dick all about Euro sports outside of soccer, funny NASCAR, and singing competitions.

yea the French like basketball. it's probably like the third or fourth most popular sport behind soccer and rugby. They're not on Spain or Turkey levels but they're not far off it.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Warbird posted:

The most hyped prospect since LeBron is going #1 this year and he's French. The French men's national team is a perennial medal contender. I can't imagine they care about American collegiate women's hoops though.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Warbird posted:

Can’t wait for all the tales from people not realizing this Notre Dame is a college in the US and not that the church suddenly having a basketball team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

The most hyped prospect since LeBron is going #1 this year and he's French. The French men's national team is a perennial medal contender. I can't imagine they care about American collegiate women's hoops though.

Now hold on. I don’t remember a lot of high school French class but I’m pretty sure he’s LaBron.