Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: sharknado slashfic)

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Barry Foster posted:

Check out that thread for another video - it's much less obvious but it looks like there's something in the distance making some pretty crazy movements

https://twitter.com/jaimemaussan1/status/1645853064174227456

I couldn't make it out on my phone at all but now that I'm at the desk I can see faintly a black dot in the distance moving horizontally very rapidly slightly after the 4 second mark. Doesn't seem to be a parallax effect as the plane is moving steadily in one direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Human.Frank posted:

Is there some reason you started thinking about these things a year or two ago? Did anything set it off or did these memories just resurface one day?

I've been thinking about my childhood in general a lot for the last couple of years. That's one of the things I never really thought about, but then went "wait a second" about.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

This was from back in June 2021, so nothing has come of it thus far.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/StandForBetter/status/1646193568086736896?s=20

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

cool. I needed a reason to continue shuffling along this mortal coil for another week. getting my expectations for this up super high.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

my bony fealty posted:

cool. I needed a reason to continue shuffling along this mortal coil for another week. getting my expectations for this up super high.

Might as well.

I mentioned to my grandmother I had to change a friend's car battery later and got a rant that progressed from standard right wing echo chamber electric vehicle stuff to denying climate change to blaming aliens for the electric vehicle "push." I'm used to the usual Fox with a smattering of Newsmax opinions but that one actually stunned me for a sec.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

SerSpook posted:

This is gonna be a weird first post in this thread.

So, I have some odd memories from childhood. I never thought much of them until the last year or so, just a "kids have the weirdest ideas" type thing. But I've been thinking about them more the last couple of years for some reason.

These mostly come from age 3-4 I'm pretty sure, but also had weirdness going on until I was like 12 or 13.

So my first memory, I was in the top bunk of a bunk bed. My older brother had the bottom bunk for some reason. I was watching the ceiling when it suddenly turns, like, into a kaleidoscope of colors. All shifting and changing. I remember this shade of blue-green being most prominent?

Out of the colors i could see a face. Brown, wrinkled skin. Large, black eyes. I had a sense of peace and tranquility. Then nothing else.

The next one is in the same house. I'm in the bottom bunk this time. There are several little men in my room. I think they are Grey and they have the large black eyes. They are talking to one another about something and then realize I'm listening in. They admonish me for this and I fall asleep.

These are really the only two alien adjacent things I remember. My oldest brother remembers a "demon" that used to visit him as a child, though. We grew up in a very religious family and I kind of wonder if his demon might have been something like what I saw.

Sleekly posted:

not sure how to respond to this but thank you for posting it

I always feel like I don't have much of substance to say in this thread, and just kind of like to make jokes and observe it, but I agree with Sleekly. This stuff is interesting no matter what it is, so thank you for posting that.

goochtit
Nov 2, 2021

my bony fealty posted:

It's no aitee but I'll take it

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

ninetee?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Just what were you up to in those caves, Naledi

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

From r/UFOs, I didn't notice the second(?) object flying away after the first(?) object passes the plane's cockpit:

https://v.redd.it/avz0pl8oqeta1/DASH_720.mp4

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Dreamt I was hopping around, impossibly. I was holding a steel spoon, and I would always land on it, and spring up to my next destintion. I was annoying the poo poo out of like 50 people in a large room. At one point I land on a TV that's playing something, and I just start making Wario sounds. I am filled with so much joy as I do this, I am in a very literal bliss state, hopping around on a spoon, making wario sounds.

Right before i wake up, a guy in a walguigi costume shows up and shouts "I'm coming wario!" like I need help being the most annoying bitch in the world, and I'm so excited for what might happen next when I suddenly wake up and realize it was just a dream. A loving dream.

The world that could be is so much better than the world that is. :smith:

Fausty
May 16, 2014

"Flowers!"
"Is there a
John Luck Pickerd
here?"

Riot Bimbo posted:

Dreamt I was hopping around, impossibly. I was holding a steel spoon, and I would always land on it, and spring up to my next destintion. I was annoying the poo poo out of like 50 people in a large room. At one point I land on a TV that's playing something, and I just start making Wario sounds. I am filled with so much joy as I do this, I am in a very literal bliss state, hopping around on a spoon, making wario sounds.

Right before i wake up, a guy in a walguigi costume shows up and shouts "I'm coming wario!" like I need help being the most annoying bitch in the world, and I'm so excited for what might happen next when I suddenly wake up and realize it was just a dream. A loving dream.

The world that could be is so much better than the world that is. :smith:

that's what you're doing right now in the astral planes

take solace and pride in that, you glorious bouncing bastard

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

my bony fealty posted:

Gillibrand heading a hearing for this would have been career suicide a few years back and she's definitely got aspirations to run for the big one so it will be fascinating to see how hard into the paint this goes, if nothing else

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

my hunch is they were hiding from Homo sapiens and then the Homo sapiens found them.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

chimps, as it turns out, are too psycho to develop complex civilizations; bonobos meanwhile are not psycho enough

humans however are the perfect goldilocks ape, just the right degree of psycho

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

SKULL.GIF posted:

From r/UFOs, I didn't notice the second(?) object flying away after the first(?) object passes the plane's cockpit:

https://v.redd.it/avz0pl8oqeta1/DASH_720.mp4

could be a Fulton device?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Human.Frank posted:

I'm a little disappointed with the general reaction to Lue's News as apposed to his Clues. It's pretty obvious something is going on with Havana Syndrome and more information is always good. It's a little more than just secret service agents covering up their latest coke binge. I thought more people would be excited for it...

lmao

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

could be a Fulton device?

Don't those typically have to be deployed from some sort of large cargo aircraft?

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost

Tighclops posted:

Don't those typically have to be deployed from some sort of large cargo aircraft?

I've heard tales of a legendary super soldier who retrofitted a rocket launcher to fire Fulton balloons

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Necrobama posted:

I've heard tales of a legendary super soldier who retrofitted a rocket launcher to fire Fulton balloons

Riddick?

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Necrobama posted:

wikipedia posted:

After experiments with instrumented dummies, Fulton continued to experiment with live pigs, as pigs have a nervous system close to humans. Lifted off the ground, the pig began to spin as it flew through the air at 125 miles per hour (200 km/h). It arrived on board uninjured, but in a disoriented state. When it recovered, it attacked the crew.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

they never show that part in metal gear solid 5

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

This was a nice way to spend the end of my afternoon, listening to this while doing some CT work of my own. Its a really nice summary of the growing bush of Homo evolution and the discoveries from recent years.

John Hawk's done a lot to help make paleoanthro get a little more collaborative and collegial. He organizes informal get togethers so that all can pass around fossils and casts of fossils, helping folks who aren't fully connected to VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE who were in past generations gatekeepers of access to specimens. Lots of people interested in human fossils and few fossils make politics and abuse rife in that field. He's a good fellow.

At my undergrad institution two VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE had to have their offices on opposite sides of campus lest they came into each other's presence too often. There were also rumors of harassing grad students by one of them but both were lovely the few times I interacted with them, and the one with rumors was also staunchly defended by other students so vOv.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tighclops posted:

yeah I'm thinking its some kinda drug delivery experiment with mixed success. or CIA fuckery. The more I look at it, the more it looks like a balloon deformed from the winds. The irregular motions can easily be explained away from from the shakey handheld camera in a prop plane.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

yeah Hawk comes across as a mensch

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Beat

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

we need to ban all balloons of every form until we can figure out what the hell is going on up there. we’re running out of helium anyway.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

lol that crazy F22 janitor weekend will never be explained

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Sleekly posted:

lol that crazy F22 janitor weekend will never be explained

There'll be a wild barely-read memoir in 40 years that explains it all in great detail

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

know your lore folks.

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

know your lore folks.

What is it a reference to?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Space Jam posted:

we need to ban all balloons of every form until we can figure out what the hell is going on up there. we’re running out of helium anyway.

There's no point. It's a well known fact that the skies are already packed to the brim with sky-trash

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

We need to stop the sky trash entering us airspace until we can figure out what's going on. The trash brings p'nuties, greys, all sorts and I mean SOMEONE is doing the probing, and some of them, I assume, are good people

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

the sky trash has gained sentience

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If there's so much sky trash, why doesn't everyone having a camera in their phone mean we're flooded with photographic evidence? :thunk:

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

why aren't planes landing covered in Minion balloons and Kroeger bags?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Bilirubin posted:

why aren't planes landing covered in Minion balloons and Kroeger bags?

that's what the intakes on the jet turbines are for, dummy

you didn't think those blades were for chewing up the fuckin AIR did you? hahahah.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

Mommy mommy its raining tarp confetti again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Grating plastic like parmesan cheese into my covid ridden airplane sandwich.