Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

It's why he's compelled to double down when he says poo poo like this. Controversy Creates Cash, he'd be an absolute irrelevance if he didn't loudly poo poo on anything popular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I am thankful that the pervos at Beyond Wrestling got wrestling's monetization all hosed up so podcasts like this make much less money than they normally would.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I wonder how many Jim's he'll defend

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
you ever notice how the loudest and most obnoxious "method actors" aren't half as good as people that are just good at acting

like Cornette in spite of everything only has second place (or lower, if he's even there) on any wrestling podcast ranking I can find and his youtubes get outshined by top 10 lists from WhatCulture

you gotta wonder if it's worth it, all his hate and vitriol and accusations, for second place sometimes

edit: and this is actually a better spot than he was in last time I got curious

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/Swingtheclubken/status/1634604961874030593

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

How can you say he hates the Japanese when he managed Roman Reigns' cousin?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ah, the famous New Japan style as personified by Riho

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

The Hausu Usher posted:

...but the message was bracketed about experiences on social media not being great and saying not to harass anybody.

Cornette reserves the right to rant, criticise and mock anyone involved in the profession

What am I going to do, just get on somebody's couch and grind my feet like it's something to do?

Yeah I remember grinding my feet on Eddie Murphy's couch.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I can't picture his current fanbase. It can't all be guys who are old enough to have actually been there for the good old-school wrestling. Don't tell me bearded 30something leftist wrestling nerds are big Corny fans.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

I can't picture his current fanbase. It can't all be guys who are old enough to have actually been there for the good old-school wrestling. Don't tell me bearded 30something leftist wrestling nerds are big Corny fans.

Picture someone still into Bill Maher

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Halloween Jack posted:

Contrarian assholes

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Halloween Jack posted:

Largely people who'd call themselves "wrestling fans" but don't actually watch any wrestling, because they earnestly believe all of Jim's bitching and moaning instead of developing an opinion for themselves, or watching one of the myriad other avenues of wrestling that isn't WWE or AEW.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Halloween Jack posted:

There are definitely some people like that but I think they are mostly in their 40s now.

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I've edited the OP to add in some of the descriptions of Cornette from the feedback thread for newcomers, as well as to add this thread's one golden rule:

:redflag:Defense of Jim Cornette and his hateful views will not be tolerated under any circumstances.:redflag:

If anyone would like to suggest anything else, I'm all ears, but I think that's all that's necessary right now.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

can we defend his non hateful views, such as uh, ... cheeseburger towels? actually no i think he filled that with hate too i think

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Mulaney Power Move posted:

can we defend his non hateful views, such as uh, ... cheeseburger towels? actually no i think he filled that with hate too i think

Is a cheeseburger towel a towel made out of cheeseburgers, or a cheeseburger incorporating a towel ... somehow?

Or perhaps the more sensible option of a towel featuring an image of a cheeseburger.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Topical

https://twitter.com/nhathaniel_h/status/1635821570319958019?t=I8M6qtmchKzXyiw-3Xuh1A&s=19

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

if only Cornette had played Clannad or Tokimeki Memorial instead of just talking about them for weeks maybe he would have developed the base level of emotional intelligence to not be the way he is.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Penguin Patrol posted:

If anyone would like to suggest anything else, I'm all ears, but I think that's all that's necessary right now.

Yeah, if your username rhymes with “Bausu Busher,” gently caress off.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I just worked out that this is the Horrible Scrote guy

The Hausu Usher posted:

Is the discussion here about how it is - or about acknowledging things could be better; and that perhaps some people need to adjust to encourage a wider posting community (if that's what is desired)?

This knee-jerk conspiracy Cornete thing in particular is crazy. It's like half the goons in the forum must be spending a lot of time on his website and be 100% up to date on his opinions in order to keep up with what other people are saying and be in a position of accusing them of "repeating Jim Cornette lines". I think justifying being a horrible scrote to someone because you accuse them of being a bot for a podcaster is an attitude that needs to be dropped going forward if things are going to get better. Sometimes it's just someone with a negative opinion and if they can be grouped in with a pariah of the PSP then it's easier to shut them up.

If someone is genuinely trying to troll your favourite hobby then report to a mod, if it's consistent block them. Don't get out the whiteboard/red string or start rounding up a posse.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Penguin Patrol posted:

I've edited the OP to add in some of the descriptions of Cornette from the feedback thread for newcomers, as well as to add this thread's one golden rule:

:redflag:Defense of Jim Cornette and his hateful views will not be tolerated under any circumstances.:redflag:

Thank you.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Defences of Jim Cornette are the thing that made this thread fun. Otherwise it's just keeping track of an irrelevant Bigot and his neckbeard army who care too much about the Purity of wrestling from when they were children.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Mulaney Power Move posted:

I had to use a cheeseburger towel because Florida doesn’t believe in plates

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Gonzo McFee posted:

Defences of Jim Cornette are the thing that made this thread fun. Otherwise it's just keeping track of an irrelevant Bigot and his neckbeard army who care too much about the Purity of wrestling from when they were children.

Its a containment zone to make sure his bigoted poo poo doesn't migrate.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
We should listen to Jim Cornette fans. On one hand he is a bad person but they say he is extremely smart and entertaining with an unmatched sense of humor. Just look at the joke construction here

https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/1636122224120721408

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

The Mayo Clinic posted:

Normal sperm densities range from 15 million to greater than 200 million sperm per milliliter of semen. You are considered to have a low sperm count if you have fewer than 15 million sperm per milliliter or less than 39 million sperm total per ejaculate.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Riho is a dingdang fern and even worse, a wommin so of course Jim Cornette won't shut the gently caress up about her. He's compensating.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

forkboy84 posted:

The people who want this almost never watch actual shootstyle Pro wrestling

as a shoot-style freak I can confirm this, plus the expected xenophobia about a pro-wrestling movement whose biggest players were primarily Japanese or Eastern-European.

Which, hey: you can only definitively prove some of those organized crime ties!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

LvK posted:

as a shoot-style freak I can confirm this, plus the expected xenophobia about a pro-wrestling movement whose biggest players were primarily Japanese or Eastern-European.

Which, hey: you can only definitively prove some of those organized crime ties!

I always thought PWFG having Gumi in the name was a bit on the nose about who was funding Fujiwara's promotion

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

greetings to all Jim cornette fans and foes. IZWF is having another show tonight, as it does every tuesday, wednesday, and thursday. it's EXP, the developmental show for lurkers and newby's. but so too could be your burgeoning interest in the federation. developmental. the show will feature the first ever death match, where psp poster Mekchu will be facing off against a mystery special guest. should they lose, Mekchu will be murdered. i'll also be wrestling on the show. card subjhect to change. if you'd like to watch, tune in to https://twitch.tv/ritoru_demon on twitch at 8pm EST! jim cornette tried to have sex with me and he tries to show his genitals to people in public.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Tries?

Like, they're too small to see?

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Cavauro posted:

greetings to all Jim cornette fans and foes. IZWF is having another show tonight, as it does every tuesday, wednesday, and thursday. it's EXP, the developmental show for lurkers and newby's. but so too could be your burgeoning interest in the federation. developmental. the show will feature the first ever death match, where psp poster Mekchu will be facing off against a mystery special guest. should they lose, Mekchu will be murdered. i'll also be wrestling on the show. card subjhect to change. if you'd like to watch, tune in to https://twitch.tv/ritoru_demon on twitch at 8pm EST! jim cornette tried to have sex with me and he tries to show his genitals to people in public.

will it be available to watch later? idk how twitch works but this looks like a blast and id love to watch but its on the same time as dynamite

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that's right. all shows are available on demand, and jim cornette's genitals are so small that you cannot findout which part of the captcha you are supposed to check for them

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Cavauro posted:

that's right. all shows are available on demand, and jim cornette's genitals are so small that you cannot findout which part of the captcha you are supposed to check for them

Cornette's Corn Nut

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT

Cavauro posted:

Also, my shoot cousin is part of this so check it out I guess

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

all right shoot cousins! it's about to start. if dynamite is hitting a lull or you enjoyed the feeling of flipping channels during the monday night wars, feel free to tune in

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The first time in ages I have seen a Cornette clip circulating for reasons unrelated to him being lovely:

https://twitter.com/OTD_in_WWE/status/1654948734155862017

"He'll just go places and do things for money" Well gosh Jim, I thought the point of wrestling was to make money and the marks were the ones doing it for other reasons.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

MassRafTer posted:

The first time in ages I have seen a Cornette clip circulating for reasons unrelated to him being lovely:

https://twitter.com/OTD_in_WWE/status/1654948734155862017

"He'll just go places and do things for money" Well gosh Jim, I thought the point of wrestling was to make money and the marks were the ones doing it for other reasons.

Maybe he's mad that Eric's doing the legends grift wrong. You're not supposed to actually do wrestling-related poo poo, you're supposed to sit in your in your house and talk about how much wrestling sucks unless it's done exactly the same way it was done in South Carolina in 1979!!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Eric bid off is a retired sex worker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
TNA NFTs reminded me of Jim Cornette's failed NFT project.

They minted like 600 NFTs and barely sold any, losing a bunch of money in the process.