Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

maybe it means your sr is ~3599 under the old system

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

i still dont know if im buying the battle pass for lifeweaver or just saving my coins for season 6. i dont love the skins ive seen but i havent looked over it to see if theres anything else in there i like the look of

Yeah, I'm ok with grinding out coins until the Season 6 hero drops. Mob Boss Junker Queen, Metropolis Echo, and Mythic Sigma are cool but I don't play Sigma very often.

Do shop skins go away forever after the end of their debut season? Or do they come back from time to time?

Hashy
Nov 20, 2005

Jack Trades posted:

Supports in general just get way too much power and autonomy. They should remove all of Wifeleaver's abilities and stuff like Ana's Sleep, Anti-Nade and Suzu.

Actually, just remove all supports except Mercy and automatically ban support player if they spend too much time not pocketing me while I'm trying to get sick PotGs.

I'm actually just going to verbally harass anyone that picks lifeweaver

Gorgeous Mohammad
Oct 15, 2009
If they do the obvious with Lifeweaver and remove weapon switching then he'll be great. I'm still liking him now but weapon swap + heal charge is just too much of a delay to give you much time to do any damage.

I was iffy on a lifegrip being added to the game but I think it's good addition. A good play happening whether you're the gripper or grippee feels awesome. Even questionable lifegrips just make me shrug and say whatever because an inopportune lifegrip is so far down on the list of things that tilt me in this game.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

comedyblissoption posted:

maybe it means your sr is ~3599 under the old system

lol.
Ended up going 5w/5l and staying plat 2.

TTK here is just so much faster than in low gold and it felt I was barely hanging on.
Also getting flamed by Diamonds and occasional masters player.

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Gorgeous Mohammad posted:

If they do the obvious with Lifeweaver and remove weapon switching then he'll be great. I'm still liking him now but weapon swap + heal charge is just too much of a delay to give you much time to do any damage.

I was iffy on a lifegrip being added to the game but I think it's good addition. A good play happening whether you're the gripper or grippee feels awesome. Even questionable lifegrips just make me shrug and say whatever because an inopportune lifegrip is so far down on the list of things that tilt me in this game.

If they got rid of the charge on his heal and just made it "click = heal" I'd be happier. It feels very sluggish in a game where there's so much poo poo going on.
I also changed his lifegrip ability to my right click and put his flower-lift on "E" which feels better to me, though I do wish the cooldown on grip was lower. I never used his Low Budget Fade.

Rebus
Jan 18, 2006

Meanwhile, somewhere in Grove, work begins on next season's Williams F1 car...

I'm holding out hope for a wifeleaver voiceline for when his ult is ready.

I'VE GOT WOOD.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Issaries posted:

lol.
Ended up going 5w/5l and staying plat 2.

TTK here is just so much faster than in low gold and it felt I was barely hanging on.
Also getting flamed by Diamonds and occasional masters player.
one of the biggest overlooked mistakes i see at lower elo is horrendous cover usage. using cover well massively increases ttk

everyone at all levels of play can get better at using cover!

tons of my deaths are going aaaaah i couldve used cover better i suck

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Gorgeous Mohammad posted:

The day they remove Mercy's weapon switching will be the day OW gets much funner.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
dont mind getting a blue beam on me when i can actually use it but goddamn what if

and get this

mercy holds her staff for heals on right click/ left click and she has her gun in her other hand and it uses the other mouse button?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
id like to play but i t won let me

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

verbal enema posted:

dont mind getting a blue beam on me when i can actually use it but goddamn what if

and get this

mercy holds her staff for heals on right click/ left click and she has her gun in her other hand and it uses the other mouse button?

Left mouse = beam (scroll wheel or weapon swap changes colors W/O retracting it) Right mouse = pistol

Or they just remove current form damage beam entirely, add it as a new button, and make it do a slightly larger damage boost for 3 seconds or something on a 12 second CD. Or something.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

BabyRyoga posted:

Left mouse = beam (scroll wheel or weapon swap changes colors W/O retracting it) Right mouse = pistol

this is all thats needed tbh

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I kinda feel like the damage beam in general is terrible design. Ideally you are always keeping "breaks" in mind; if there isn't a break, the beam is inconsistent, even janky. A better design choice would be giving it more break potential but actually have it as a tactical cooldown that requires good timing or coordination.

There are a few things they could do to make Mercy more fun and interesting. Integrating better pistol use though is probably at the top of that list.

RhymesWithTendon
Oct 12, 2000

I suspect people are underestimating Wifeleaver's healing output, because I had several games today where I had the highest total healing on either team. It feels like it's mostly about finding the rhythm where you keep charging and releasing just as it reaches its maximum, not unlike Symmetra's alt fire. During the second (roughly?) that it takes to charge is when you need to make that split-second decision about who to target, which can involve some juggling that's a little hectic but engaging. Sometimes it's better to release early if someone is about to take a fatal hit or break line of sight, and as far as LOS goes, you luckily have some leeway with how the blossom will pivot around a corner after release. To mitigate the slowed movement speed while charging, you want to use his dash as often as possible. The dash has a very short cooldown and it also refills some of your own health, so using it constantly is the key to both keeping pace with your teammates and keeping your own health topped off.

His damage output is low, rightfully, but it also has a good range and accuracy that makes it useful for suppressing fire, like Lucio. Generally I've only been switching to damage when I don't have any wounded teammates right in front of me, and the passive reload seems designed to encourage frequent switching.

I've been hesitant to use Life Grip too often because it has a very long cooldown and seems like it has the potential to really annoy teammates if used at the wrong time, but luckily Healing Blossom has such a long range that using Life Grip is rarely necessary to save someone. Mostly I save it to bail out those bad tanks with no survival instincts who dive into groups of enemies and are prone to getting themselves killed really quickly.

His Ultimate seems best suited to letting you take a break from healing and going full damage for a few seconds, which is similar to how I use Kiriko's. Haven't found too many uses for the platforms just yet, aside from quick vertical traversal and occasionally desperate attempts at escaping enemies who are right up in your face.

Aexo
May 16, 2007
Don't ask, I don't know how to pronounce my name either.
Pure numbers alone don't mean they're good (or bad), you could have been focusing on healing more than the other support or just better than the other support.

Ana has more shots, heals for more, and has faster recovery (vs LW charge time) with the same reload time and when you're not firing you can weave in sleep/melee/nade, where you gotta charge between shots as LW, slowing your movement down, in addition to being able to do damage without weapon swap time.

Granted LW effectively has two movement abilities and a temp invuln/rescue, so there's tradeoffs.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Rama at the top of the list?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o3UGob_X_A

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Developer tweeted that they're looking into removing weapon switching and changing the dash input for Wifeleaver.

So they're probably finally figured out what I said earlier they should do.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i got severely outreined on eichewalde to the extent that my team were flaming me and asking if i got boosted yo gold (lol) and switched to rammatra and we managed to eke out a win. he feels strong but hes very vulnerable to ana so i dunno how hes s tier but i feel like gold anas are absolute weapons punching above their weight

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I imagine that Ana is less of a problem when you have a Kiriko every time.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

RhymesWithTendon posted:

I suspect people are underestimating Wifeleaver's healing output, because I had several games today where I had the highest total healing on either team.
people underestimate being able to basically not miss with your healing

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Definitely, he is busted as hell

The block is TOO MUCH mitigation; i'm not sure what blizz devs were smoking when they decided that OW tanks should have WoWesque shield wall abilities. Ult is still kinda nuts, but not as OP as it was when it came out. The other area where he needs a nerf is his melee range when he is punching should be like, reduced by 50%. poo poo's nuts.

I'm glad there is a tank in this SHOOTER genre video game that just does AoE damage with an ult, and AoE damage by holding down a melee button to people many meters away.

Zarya should be higher on this list, like in B. She is no where near Hog bad. Hog is the only terrible tank right now, but Zarya could prob use a slight boost. She probably shouldn't have been nerfed in S1, since it was mostly other things causing the issues. Queen could use a slight buff as well, I think.

I'd like to see Zarya's projected barriers have a 4-6 second less CD/charge than her personal. Maybe that would help.

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Apr 13, 2023

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Zarya can be great, but it just depends on the map and team. I usually only pick her if the other tank is DVA, but if the other team is dumb then she's a great pick. I love picking her when the other team has torb or anyone with a lingering aoe because it's easy to charge up. She could probably use a slight reduction in bubble cooldown, but I think she has her place. Personally I'm sick of terrible ball tanks. You occasionally get a good one but man it sucks when they don't make space for your team and never swap. I'm in gold/plat and I roll my eyes whenever I see ball or doomfist. I know they can be great in higher level play, but pretty much every other tank is better in lower levels.

Unrelated, but I finally had a great game as Hanzo. It was one of the most satisfying games I've played, one shooting people left and right owns.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Noice just got introduced to the fun of Kiriko + Lifeweaver. Close to the OW1 days of enemies getting saved every single time you're about to deal fatal damage.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i love hanzo because hes less aim intensive than hitscan but people cant dodge like they can with slow projectiles. i usually play similarly to aiming with kiriko where you just look at their support behind cover line em up and just predict when youd stick your head out as a support and nail em

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

i got severely outreined on eichewalde to the extent that my team were flaming me and asking if i got boosted to gold (lol) and switched to rammatra and we managed to eke out a win. he feels strong but hes very vulnerable to ana so i dunno how hes s tier but i feel like gold anas are absolute weapons punching above their weight

as a sort of counterweight to this anecdote I got placed in a game exclusively with high diamond players tonight and we had an insanely close game and even though I was the weakest player everyone was really supportive and chill. What the gently caress is with people in gold.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

as a sort of counterweight to this anecdote I got placed in a game exclusively with high diamond players tonight and we had an insanely close game and even though I was the weakest player everyone was really supportive and chill. What the gently caress is with people in gold.

I'll throw out a theory... plat is where aim and mechanical skill and avoiding people that can aim starts to come into play. This means that there are a ton of people hardstuck in gold that know a ton about the characters and meta, or think they do, but can't progress because of a major physical flaw in their game. It is also the people that create a new account because they think the SR system is out to get them.

headcase fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Apr 13, 2023

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

I was going to ask how to contest Numbani first point high ground with Rein vs enemy Orisa.

Solution was just to charge them off map, when they run out of cooldowns. Beep boop simple.
Got even Potg for it.

Boogan
May 1, 2005

f off

headcase posted:

I'll throw out a theory... plat is where aim and mechanical skill and avoiding people that can aim starts to come into play. This means that there are a ton of people hardstuck in gold that know a ton about the characters and meta, or think they do, but can't progress because of a major physical flaw in their game. It is also the people that create a new account because they think the SR system is out to get them.

Solid theory but I think I can simplify it: Plat is Gold with aim.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Boogan posted:

Solid theory but I think I can simplify it: Plat is Gold with aim.

At this point, just make Plat the new Gold.

And then sequester some of the hard stuck golds into something else. Maybe a different game.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

This one's good.
Not :10bux::10bux: good but still good.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Jack Trades posted:

The description of almost all OW2 skins.

If blizzard halved the price, I'd consider parting with some fake computer money for them. As it is, lol. lmao.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

The description of almost all OW2 skins.

If blizzard halved the price, I'd consider parting with some fake computer money for them. As it is, lol. lmao.

I don't think it's even possible to make a skin that I'd be willing to pay 20bux for.

At best, I'd pay 10bux for a good mythic skin for one of my mains but the chance that any of them will get a mythic any time soon is super small and the chance that it's also good is even smaller.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Jack Trades posted:

This one's good.

The shoulder pad is bothering me. It's too weird. like she can't detach it from her body, but she's ashamed to wear it to her friend's wedding.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
IMO OW2 skins have been pretty good but hilariously overpriced obviously. It's funny that in the end the BP is actually downright reasonably priced compared to everything else they're trying to sell.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Yeah I don't mind paying $10 every other season to support content creation. $20 or $30 per year. When it starts getting close to the price of a streaming service, I can't justify it.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

This does not look right.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Jack Trades posted:

This does not look right.

What do you mean, this looks normal for a Moira main

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
what do you call 5 golds that can work together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>