Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

...! posted:

Something tells me that you do not, in fact, love doing that

All of my friends are just out of frame of this picture of caffeine-free diet cokes, 🤣

Escape Goat fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Apr 12, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Does elon actually have even a single friend?

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Evilreaver posted:

Just a reminder that Elon believes in Roko's basilisk, a highly flawed thought experiment where an AI in the future will punish him forever if he does not help bring it into existence.

There are two ways to prevent being tortured forever: (1) prevent it from coming to exist, (2) ensure that it does come to exist and that it knows that you tried to help it along.

Him pushing for AI research regulations earlier actually falls into category number two, since he wants to be the one to own / operate the basilisk.

Roko's Basilisk is even stupider than that. It is predicated on the idea of the ai hyperintelligence deciding to make simulations of people that wronged it by not helping it come into existence and then torturing those simulations in revenge. Who gives a single thought to what a hypothetical deranged ai does to a hypothetical eidolon of yourself? It is like being afraid of the possibility of someone burning an effigy of you because you didn't care about someone who is not likely to ever even exist. Taking a ridiculous thought experiment like that seriously is the sign of a sick person who needs to have their access to internet strictly curated.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Herstory Begins Now posted:

um excuse me, have you seen how many "likes" he gets on his twitter posts?!

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

no one cares about the dumb basilisk it's been done to death

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

Failson posted:

Ford and the tall guy on the left look like an awful laurel and hardy knockoff.

Everything in Canada is a cheap knockoff.

Especially white male conservative pols. We went a little too hard on the anti bullying policies in schools and look what turns out.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Ultra wealthy people don't have friends just people who they tolerate but secretly hate their guts and are ultra competitive with who has the bigger yacht or spaceship. Warning hour long video if that bothers you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP2EKTCngiM

Vire fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Apr 12, 2023

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

The Butcher posted:

Everything in Canada is a cheap knockoff.

Especially white male conservative pols. We went a little too hard on the anti bullying policies in schools and look what turns out.

It's crazy watching grown men get all pissy about anti-bullying. There couldn't be a more accurate detector for assholes.

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Ok guys, time out. Ur being really hard on me. I'm not made of stone, I'm clearly a misshaped block of cheese

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1646272562488569857

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I'm so glad I'm not a CEO. Having to fire thousands of people the poor guy. Grass is always greener on the other side as they say, but you really have no idea what it's like.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

i'm sorry the dude doing the bbc interview is badly prepared. i know elon didn't give them advanced notice and they had 20 minutes but the guy they chose is bad. when elon asks, "what hateful speech" the counter is easily, "well all the nazi's you unbanned", "andrew tate?"., etc.. etc but this dude is like, "well someone said something sexist"

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Murdstone posted:

I'm so glad I'm not a CEO. Having to fire thousands of people the poor guy. Grass is always greener on the other side as they say, but you really have no idea what it's like.

Won’t someone think of the billionaires?!?!?!

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

I don’t think it was ever alleged Elon owned the mine, it was his dad though. Or is that the technicality they’ll use to get out of paying

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i'm pretty sure the technicality is that the emerald mine is just something elon lied about a couple of times to give his backstory some zhuzh and never really existed, but imo the fact that he thought that his dad owning shares in an emerald mine was a cool lie that would make him seem cooler is more important than whether or not it was ever true.

elon's the sole source of the emerald mine claims so why should anybody else bother proving it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Is that more or less than :eightbux:?

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

Ghostlight posted:

i'm pretty sure the technicality is that the emerald mine is just something elon lied about a couple of times to give his backstory some zhuzh and never really existed, but imo the fact that he thought that his dad owning shares in an emerald mine was a cool lie that would make him seem cooler is more important than whether or not it was ever true.

elon's the sole source of the emerald mine claims so why should anybody else bother proving it.

yeah, his father traded their private jet for shares in an emerald mine company

https://www.news24.com/news24/bi-archive/how-elon-musks-family-came-to-own-an-emerald-mine-2018-2

quote:

There, the two South Africans ran into a group of Italians who, as it happened, were in the market for an airplane. Errol named his price, and a deal was done.

“So we went to this guy's prefab and he opened his safe and there was just stacks of money and he paid me out, £80,000, it was a huge amount of money,” he said.

Standing with the cash in his hand, Errol was made another offer he couldn’t refuse: Would he like to buy half an emerald mine for half of his new riches?

“I said, ‘Oh, all right’. So I became a half owner of the mine, and we got emeralds for the next six years.”

also, straight from the dipshit's mouth

https://twitter.com/parismarx/status/1611864437614415876

CBD Corndog fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Apr 13, 2023

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Doctor, put more Botox in my face.

Uh, My Lord, there may be enough, perhaps we could do more sculpting?

MORE.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

priznat posted:

Temporarily in the time between it starts filling with water and when the batteries ignite

Batteries can not keep burning in the briny deeps idiot.

We still haven't figured out how to keep the A/C working.

Just keep a scuba suit and first aid kit like any responsible car owner does.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Powershift posted:

It's nice to see him get cyberbullied in the comments, even by people dumb enough to pay for twitter.

All major Canadian news organizations are government funded at this point.

Postmedia, which runs most major newspapers across the country including just can't stop cashing cheques.

https://search.open.canada.ca/grants/?sort=score+desc&page=1&search_text=postmedia

Rogers, who just spent $20,000,000,000 buying a company they should have been competing against is raking in the money

https://search.open.canada.ca/grants/?sort=agreement_value+desc&page=1&search_text=%22rogers+media%22

to produce garbage like this:

Trudeau's worst nightmare is a bunch of guys who look like they argue with the sliced meats deli lady at the grocery store? very specific

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

ElGroucho posted:

Trudeau's worst nightmare is a bunch of guys who look like they argue with the sliced meats deli lady at the grocery store? very specific

I said 500 grams of ham. This is clearly 501. Fix it.

John Mirra
Dec 18, 2005

lmao getting roasted by a British person about your teeth

bertolt rekt
Jul 30, 2007

This is some uncanny valley poo poo. How is it possible that canada produces lumpy white men that are different looking than american lumpy white men? Canada is like right there.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

CBD Corndog posted:

yeah, his father traded their private jet for shares in an emerald mine company

https://www.news24.com/news24/bi-archive/how-elon-musks-family-came-to-own-an-emerald-mine-2018-2

also, straight from the dipshit's mouth

https://twitter.com/parismarx/status/1611864437614415876

Anyone have the screenshot of twitter's community notes pointing out Elon's twisting of the truth about this? That was a good one too.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
From left to right, budget poor-substitute doppelgangers for:

Sean Astin
John Kerry
Michael Cera
Tom Arnold
Fred Armisen

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

The Butcher posted:

Batteries can not keep burning in the briny deeps idiot.

We still haven't figured out how to keep the A/C working.

Just keep a scuba suit and first aid kit like any responsible car owner does.

Aren't Lithium Ion fires self-oxydizing?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

ruddiger posted:

Anyone have the screenshot of twitter's community notes pointing out Elon's twisting of the truth about this? That was a good one too.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

bertolt rekt posted:

This is some uncanny valley poo poo. How is it possible that canada produces lumpy white men that are different looking than american lumpy white men? Canada is like right there.
healthcare

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Lol elon getting owned by a feature of a website he bought for 44billion and then tanked to less that half its value will never not be funny

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

bertolt rekt posted:

the entire common wealth has white cons like canada american is as per usual the different one

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

snergle posted:

the entire common wealth has white cons like canada american is as per usual the different one

It's amazing to see the effects of high fructose corn syrup on human evolution in real time.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Propaganda Hour posted:

Oh no, not me
We never lost control
You're face to face
With the man who sold the world

We sat by the launchpad
We spoke of news and hate
Although I wasn't mad
He said I was irate
Which came as some surprise
I spoke into his eyes
"I've got so many loans
and I may die alone"

Oh no, not me
I'll never go unheard
You're face to face
With the man who bought the bird

I laughed and shook his hand
and thought of how I'd gloat
All journos should be banned
For hours and hours I post
I gaze in sad defeat
At all the million tweets
"You've got so many loans
and you will die alone"

Oh yes, it's me
I'll never go unheard
You're face to face
With the man who bought the bird

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy
I can no longer reply to any tweets except my own tweets, when I type something in and hit 'reply' nothing happens. the button does not move or change in any way. I haven't gotten any notifications about being banned or anything so I assume this is just twitter breaking in a new and dumb way. haven't seen anyone else complain about it so i guess it's some new level of shadowbanning or something?

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

teemolover42069 posted:

I can no longer reply to any tweets except my own tweets, when I type something in and hit 'reply' nothing happens. the button does not move or change in any way. I haven't gotten any notifications about being banned or anything so I assume this is just twitter breaking in a new and dumb way. haven't seen anyone else complain about it so i guess it's some new level of shadowbanning or something?

Nope, it's happening to me as well and a couple of other people are complaining about it too, it's just Elon loving something else up

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

have you tried spending eight bux?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

I hope somebody fixes the problems so you can go back to using Twitter like normal soon.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009
Elon's chewing on the drat wires again.

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

kazil posted:

have you tried spending eight bux?

I would never spend 8 dollars to post on a website

ben shapino posted:

I hope somebody fixes the problems so you can go back to using Twitter like normal soon.

i hope nobody can ever post anything on twitter ever again

e: lmao it's happening to bluechecks too https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1646322746534645761

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

teemolover42069 posted:

I would never spend 8 dollars to post on a website

https://twitter.com/afshineemrani/status/1646261642056052739

Thank you, Mr. Musk, sir, and it would be an honor to pay even more for the privilege of using your site

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

Jelly posted:

From left to right, budget poor-substitute doppelgangers for:

Sean Astin
John Kerry
Michael Cera
Tom Arnold
Fred Armisen

I dont see michael cera, but i do see a lumpy version of that douchey us conservative who had that lovely photoshoot of him curling dumb bells