Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Go Pels

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Salvor_Hardin posted:

bovine mediocrity.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

idk who won earlier but i hope it wasnt the toronto raptors

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
HERB

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Ghost Dog posted:

idk who won earlier but i hope it wasnt the toronto raptors

They didd sort of exactly what you'd expect which is to play good defense and show some really good stuff and then have their offense just sort of stop existing before losing a close game

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Dejan Bimble posted:

They didd sort of exactly what you'd expect which is to play good defense and show some really good stuff and then have their offense just sort of stop existing before losing a close game

demar haunting both teams

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I think I have to root for OKC if they play saric.

Insane that they have JVG and mark jackson on the call. JVG going off on a tangent about zion and embiid like this is a regular season game like 5 minutes into the game

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Offensive cornerstone Luguentz Dort

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Maybe one day Zion will play again :sigh:

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
With the Mavs bed wetting complete I'm throwing my lot in with SGA and Giddey

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

saw a commercial where they had a chest x ray with a dog in it. that meme is instantly dead.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Did not know Saric was on okc

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

hifi posted:

I think I have to root for OKC if they play saric.

Insane that they have JVG and mark jackson on the call. JVG going off on a tangent about zion and embiid like this is a regular season game like 5 minutes into the game

The NBA is nice in that talking to most nba fans is a relatively logic based reality based experience. Whereas talking to nfl fans is a realm of emotion and freudian desires. But the 'commentators who don't enjoy watching games' things really weighs down the experience

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Dejan Bimble posted:

The NBA is nice in that talking to most nba fans is a relatively logic based reality based experience. Whereas talking to nfl fans is a realm of emotion and freudian desires. But the 'commentators who don't enjoy watching games' things really weighs down the experience

this is balanced out by talking to college basketball fans who believe with their whole rear end that the nba does not play defense. college basketball induced schizo episode till you think missing 40 wide open jumpers in a row is defense

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Also plenty of NBA fans are stupid. Not me of course.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Dejan Bimble posted:

Absolute bummer to hear Barkley go in on how both teams in a game suck. And I generally like Chuck but just hire some people who like your league

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
draftkings commercial gave me epilepsy

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i dont have any Takes about these teams. my only opinion is that sga gets shorter everytime i look at him

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the first time i saw shai he was easily 6'7, 6'8, hes at best a height lying 6'4 now

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
pels are playing 300IQ basketball

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

hifi posted:

saw a commercial where they had a chest x ray with a dog in it. that meme is instantly dead.

I got a commercial from an organization telling people that the best way to stop antisemitism is to tweet a blue square emoji. And when i went to the organization's website it immediately told me that disliking israel is one of the most insidious forms of antisemitism

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Ghost Dog posted:

the first time i saw shai he was easily 6'7, 6'8, hes at best a height lying 6'4 now

Im taller than him and to be fairly farking frank could beat him to a pulp

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

shai is a thunder legend cause he is convergently evolving into nick collison who ended his career a stout 6'2

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Algund Eenboom posted:

I got a commercial from an organization telling people that the best way to stop antisemitism is to tweet a blue square emoji. And when i went to the organization's website it immediately told me that disliking israel is one of the most insidious forms of antisemitism

I wish that meme was dead. I think i saw that commercial but i was getting another drink

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
lol that mean mugging

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

During the world baseball classic someone posted a meme at one of the American players and it was the x-ray image but then there were hot dogs in the x-ray and the text said "he got the wrong type of dog in him". And that meme will probably live on as long as America lasts as a country. But the original dog meme is real dead.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Dort buckets all day

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
jalen williams looks like brendan fraser from encino man

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010
Not one player on the Pels is cutting or hustling to enable Kingram to release/pass the ball. He can't score all of the Pels' points, god dammit.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

bornbytheriver posted:

Not one player on the Pels is cutting or hustling to enable Kingram to release/pass the ball. He can't score all of the Pels' points, god dammit.

arent herb jones and trey murphy two different hustle golems

Stealth Tiger
Nov 14, 2009

why do they replay ankle turns, im gonna puke

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Looks like this game is Trey Murphy's to win or lose.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I turned my ankle like that a while ago and it took a year to recover...

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i didnt see it but i could easily recover

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Looks like this game is Trey Murphy's to win or lose.

BI is carrying this team on his spaghetti body, one of the other Pels better step up. They are about to find out that a 6 point gap is nothing for the Thunder.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://youtu.be/w9ueRzymcU0

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

bornbytheriver posted:

BI is carrying this team on his spaghetti body, one of the other Pels better step up. They are about to find out that a 6 point gap is nothing for the Thunder.

That's the problem, can't let BI do all the work, they'll just double him all up.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Is it time to cut my life into pieces