Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Aileron isn't a "Sky Striker Ace" monster and therefore cannot be used for any of the link summons. Although I guess you may have one copy of Hornet Drones to find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Aileron isn't a "Sky Striker Ace" monster and therefore cannot be used for any of the link summons. Although I guess you may have one copy of Hornet Drones to find.

Ah, I missed that. Also potentially three copies of Mobilize - Linkage!, but that's a level of gimmick play I'm not willing to pay the UR crafting toll for.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
So what's a deck that Tear players would really hate playing against?

I don't even mean a counter strategy, I'm fully aware that three different metas haven't figured one out and this thread's not about to. But I'm not about to join in on a tier zero format, so I'm just going full troll; what deck would the msot most irritating and unpleasant for them to play against, even if it's not actually that good?

...should I just replace all my floodgates in Runick with three Macro and three Dimensional Fissure?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

You can't really play Macro in Runick but D Fissure is very good. Runick does have a pretty hard time against the shufflers though.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Probably with a bunch of interraction that force them to time out.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
If you're playing Runick Spright, you can pivot into Mannequin Cat strats for End of Anubis or running something like Hop Ear Squadron to make Herald of the Arc Light. If you're resigned to Runick Stun, the usual main deck monsters are fine provided you go first. Evenly Matched is very strong. I've heard people have success with Earthshattering Event.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I need to learn how to play my Scrap Dinos against all these modern decks. I fell off keeping up and now I'm trying to play again and I really, really miss those "when to use what hand traps against what decks" spreadsheets.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Cleretic posted:

I don't even mean a counter strategy, I'm fully aware that three different metas haven't figured one out and this thread's not about to. But I'm not about to join in on a tier zero format, so I'm just going full troll; what deck would the msot most irritating and unpleasant for them to play against, even if it's not actually that good?

...should I just replace all my floodgates in Runick with three Macro and three Dimensional Fissure?

Anything that floodgates the graveyard or extra deck.
Demise of the land and metaverse into Necrovalley.
Full complement of macro, dimfis and dimshifter, with necroface as a kicker
Soul Drain
Artifact scythe turbo.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Just won a 20 minute match against tear with plunder.

I was getting sick of the mirror. Now I'm just done dueling for the month. Bo1 shouldn't go on this long lol.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Yeah I'm done with Master Duel again until the Tear nerfs come in.

This is silly.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The deck is very fun and the mirror is incredibly skill intensive.

It's also just too good and horrific for the health of the game. It might be fine if there were multiple archetypes that could play at level of dozen+ interactions on both turns but that would require basically every archetype to get some update that puts them up at that level and that's not happening for a decade.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I feel like everyone who says 'the mirror is very skill-intensive' as a reason a tier 0 format is good rather than 'not the literal worst thing it could be' is missing the appeal of a TCG. (And probably multiple other types of game, too.)

I don't care how fun Tear vs. Tear is, I don't wanna play Tear, it's not my kind of playstyle.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Cleretic posted:

I don't care how fun Tear vs. Tear is, I don't wanna play Tear, it's not my kind of playstyle.

^This. For once me and Cleretic are on the same page lol.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Cleretic posted:

MBT: I missed the part where that's my problem

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

No time for grudges with you tubers the best husband and character of YGO, the master of faster, the sultan of speed, the undisputed king of riding duels is getting some new cards and a structure deck and they seem pretty good.

https://twitter.com/YuGiOhNewsTCG/status/1646412940772253696?t=TDAibvp0b4uPuj__igKRvQ&s=19

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Hell yeah! Would like to see more interaction on the opponent's turn or a way to search the traps, but more reliable ways to get to non-tuners and accessible protection is a step in the right direction. I like that the Synchro cheats out the OG Red Dragon, adding some needed variety to the Synchro ladder.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Cleretic posted:

The actual answer is the tearlament mirror match

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Julias posted:

Which leads right back into

Cleretic posted:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Julias posted:

No because as everyone says, the mirror match is the fun part of tear. Since both players get to do the same thing and do a bunch of interactive stuff. The mirror match is the highlight, it's also the only actual option to remain meta relevant.

The answer to the question of "what does tear hate to play against" is not the mirror match that everyone positive on the archetype says is the highlight of an otherwise tier 0 format.

The answer is D-Shifter turbo, or any other total graveyard hate out strat that can get in before they go off. So yeah macro and Dimfis and other forms of floodgate are the answer to what tear hates to play against.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Apr 13, 2023

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
I want to find a Gravekeeper's deck that isn't "Turbo Necrovalley, pray your oppenent scoops before they draw something to deal with backrow or a monster with more than 1600 in a stat."

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCq0-IQxCtA

I'm going back to Shiranui. :colbert:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

The true answer to tear is to become catholic and gay

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I can be gay but never catholic

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm also going back to Shiranui but that's just because I really like Shiranui Zombie World as a deck. The Tear match-up is kinda incidental.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The true answer to tear is to become catholic and gay

I guess Dogmatika's 'gently caress your extra deck' strats would probably choke them out, huh?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Cleretic posted:

I guess Dogmatika's 'gently caress your extra deck' strats would probably choke them out, huh?

No really gay. Class S gay.

Exosister.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

Pretty sure it was an Exosister joke.

*edit*

Beaten like an Icejade player.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Iserlohn posted:

Hell yeah! Would like to see more interaction on the opponent's turn or a way to search the traps, but more reliable ways to get to non-tuners and accessible protection is a step in the right direction. I like that the Synchro cheats out the OG Red Dragon, adding some needed variety to the Synchro ladder.

At least Soul resonator doesnt lock you into Dark Dragon synchro so you can go into things like Groza, Tyrant of thunder. kind of a crappier RDA-Abyss but the deck needs what it can take in going first tools, especially if you manage to get them both on field.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Lot of yuri in yugioh, but no yaoi...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Where is the femboy and bears archetype konami, the people scream for it

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

Lot of yuri in yugioh, but no yaoi...

This is libromancer erasure.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
Honestly it might be shorter to just ask what monsters/archetypes are straight.

I feel like it might just be Ecclesia and Albaz, but honestly I get bi vibes from both of them anyway. Other than that... I dunno, I guess Black Luster Soldier might be the only monster I look at and can confidently say 'this person is of a binary gender and is only interested in the other binary gender', but I couldn't tell you why.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

This is libromancer erasure.

Never learned there deal, tell me about the read or die archtypes lore

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I still think of Mirrorjade as feminine, so I guess I think Fallen of Albaz is gender-fluid?

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Cleretic posted:

Does "Silent" count? Cause Silent Magician and Swordsman have a daughter.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Cleretic posted:

The surviving Gustos, Kamui and Reeze, had several children, who start the Ritual Beast Tamer tribe after everything with the Shaddoll possession part of the Tierra plot was resolved. Very much the 'babies ever after' flavor of straight.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

Never learned there deal, tell me about the read or die archtypes lore

Geek boy summons up the comic book hero he admires most to help others, their faith and bond in one another empowers themselves.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Geek boy summons up the comic book hero he admires most to help others, their faith and bond in one another empowers themselves.

Do they kiss tho

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Also some of Ai's A.I. cards are about him being in love with playmaker amd the tragedy that they can't be together. One of them in Japanese is a pun on the Fandom ship name for them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

Cleretic posted:

Gishki/Nekroz had Emilia and Avance as Shurit's probable parents

King of the Skull Servants and the Lady in Wight and their whole family

E-Heroes if you take the Maiden in Love duel as canon