Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I like the art on this because it looks like it's resentful of the fact that it has to be strapped to the plane and wants to zoom back up and hit it when released

Starsfan posted:

jesus someone in this thread predicted almost immediately after it was reported that the leak happened because someone was trying to win an argument on discord lol

on an unrelated note has anyone heard from mlmp lately?

His boss is currently busting his rear end for not having located the leaker yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Why is Bernie not orcish

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/IlvesToomas/status/1646207534271807545

glad to see that like all liberating armies ukraine is prioritizing a revenge list for fifth columnists

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Some Guy TT posted:

less negativity plz the real story right now is about how ukraine keeps winning

https://twitter.com/officejjsmart/status/1646007947359662080

So they're re-taking ground in and around Bakhmut, right?

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Starsfan posted:

jesus someone in this thread predicted almost immediately after it was reported that the leak happened because someone was trying to win an argument on discord lol

That ain't Babe Ruth calling his shot, that's the origin of like 80% of military leaks

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

Slavvy posted:

Why is Bernie not orcish

Sorry an oversight

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

sum posted:

Ukraine's frontline air defense seems like it's mostly tapped out. We're seeing more and more tactical glide bomb strikes, if the VVS can start striking deeper maybe that will break up the stalemate.
https://twitter.com/LogKa11/status/1646167814179266566/photo/1

іній posted:

But we had to admit that we held on pretty well - much longer than we expected.

True, all the good, decent Ukrainian infantry had already been killed in senseless moves and everything is going to be hosed in the end - but we definitely earned a page in the textbook.

But for what?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLpHK9zFISU
(from t.me/ice_inii/980, via tgsa)

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/1646279631765635072

but we need the weapons to do good and not evil very important difference

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Slavvy posted:

I like the art on this because it looks like it's resentful of the fact that it has to be strapped to the plane and wants to zoom back up and hit it when released

His boss is currently busting his rear end for not having located the leaker yet

There are a lot of private Minecraft servers to manually check.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I hate discord and lol even something as benign as the Red Scare discord quickly devolved into art hoes posting nudes with their faces one day and revealing personal info the next, it seems way too easy to blow up your life in that atmosphere.

I’m in some discords because I like light historical research as a hobby, and the amount of anime waifu avatar people saying stuff that sets off alarm bells… I can’t imagine what’s going on in less savoury ones

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Discords are just like dive bars for my generation, except I guess we have more diverse mental issues than just being drunks

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Discords are just like dive bars for my generation, except I guess we have more diverse mental issues than just being drunks

Much like teenagers sitting around a kitchen or library table playing d&d "I go to the bar and drink heaps of beer, I get wicked drunk"

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/T_Macv2/status/1646279811390935040

lol at making joe look badass

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Wow I wonder what subforum a guy like this would post on

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Futanari Damacy posted:

Wow I wonder what subforum a guy like this would post on

it was you wasnt it

Col.Schultz
May 14, 2010

Till we come to some beginning within our own power...

Frosted Flake posted:

I hate discord and lol even something as benign as the Red Scare discord quickly devolved into art hoes posting nudes with their faces one day and revealing personal info the next, it seems way too easy to blow up your life in that atmosphere.

The famously benign Red Scare fan base.

Although I wouldn’t dream of touching the TrueAnon discord.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

this is basically how world war 3 will play out, but instead of plane missiles not launching they’re icbms

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

i wouldn't hang out on discords of podcasts personally

the only thing worse than podcasts are its fans

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I don't hang out in discords because im old :eng101:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

i thought doxxing was verboten

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

South Africa is saying they'd probably have to enforce the ICC warrant against Putin if he went there for the BRICS summit, and they're "working on a solution". I find this surprising, I thought those were non-binding in any way. Somebody tugging hard on SA alignment? (source).

tazjin has issued a correction as of 08:48 on Apr 13, 2023

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

this is basically how world war 3 will play out, but instead of plane missiles not launching they’re icbms

ICBM launch failure because they outsourced facility maintenance and the minimum pay janitors did not have enough time to oil the silo doors.

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
the n-word :ssh:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Z the IVth posted:

ICBM launch failure because they outsourced facility maintenance and the minimum pay janitors did not have enough time to oil the silo doors.

Rats will have eaten the wiring.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Frosted Flake posted:

I’m in some discords because I like light historical research as a hobby, and the amount of anime waifu avatar people saying stuff that sets off alarm bells… I can’t imagine what’s going on in less savoury ones

who could have predicted that the red scare discord would turn out weird

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

it’s a real shame that we missed the chance to be a lot meaner to FF so we could have also have had our own tilted NATO office top secret image dumps

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jel Shaker posted:

it’s a real shame that we missed the chance to be a lot meaner to FF so we could have also have had our own tilted NATO office top secret image dumps

we could always start

hey ff, actually austria-hungary was a p crummy place!

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
FF posting classified Canadian documents to the Red Scare discord trying to get attention from the coked up brooklyn egirls posting their nudes

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
The real secret that would be gleaned from a leak of Canadian documents is how much poutine they are packing in their MREs.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 10:40 on Apr 13, 2023

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Dixon Chisholm posted:

ff already went over this. cant remember when, but britain(?) used indirect fire from small arms.

drat, I knew I was a military genius

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
I’m actually on the Shadow Council but I don’t know how much of an idiot you’d have to be to leak the Warchief’s plans. I wouldn’t tell you guys for all the gold in Goldshire.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

The Greatest Power
https://twitter.com/powerusaid/status/1646347090195259397

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ytlaya posted:

Here's my idea. You take thousands of guys, arrange them in a big square. And then you have them all shoot their automatic rifles into the air at an arc, like artillery. This results in a rain of bullets falling on the enemy.

The Mons Myth covers this. German troops in WWI would be commanded at the platoon level to direct their fire into a "box" as targeted by their platoon leader. The idea was that arcing your shots from long range into where the enemy was would force them into cover, which allowed another section of troops to advance in a leapfrog manner.

Col.Schultz
May 14, 2010

Till we come to some beginning within our own power...

Ardennes posted:

The real secret that would be gleaned from a leak of Canadian documents is how much poutine they are packing in their MREs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vphtaCRmfk&t=1032s

:barf:

FF have you ever been forced to eat this?

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Endman posted:

Why the gently caress are there so many posts in here when nothing is happening; I demand an answer!

Because I f@£&ed your Ukraine in the mouth.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

Frosted Flake posted:

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

tazjin posted:

South Africa is saying they'd probably have to enforce the ICC warrant against Putin if he went there for the BRICS summit, and they're "working on a solution". I find this surprising, I thought those were non-binding in any way. Somebody tugging hard on SA alignment? (source).

Well he either doesn't go or they relocate the summit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Dixon Chisholm posted:

Because I f@£&ed your Ukraine in the mouth.

mods?????