Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

syntaxfunction posted:

I'll give it a try but I ain't paying for it lol

What confuses me is that personally if they only had time to make either a 30FPS pretty mode or a 60FPS still pretty mode why not always go with the 60FPS one that is basically as nice?

Whenever I see games that are have switchable modes it seems no one ever uses the "quality" mode besides screenshots.

I have a Series S but every game effected seems just as hosed on the Series X so I don't think that's the problem unlike that one dev said.

Funnily enough it was a Rocksteady dev

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Arkane is one of my favorite studios (that still exists) and it blows that they are making live service trash like this that can't even run well instead of another good single player game

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Arkane is one of my favorite studios (that still exists) and it blows that they are making live service trash like this that can't even run well instead of another good single player game

To be fair this isnt live service! The online requirement is even being removed later. Redfall has just had a messy development and it shows.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I checked out on this game when they said it was going to be a 4 player team shooter thing

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
It looks like Borderlands with the Dishonoured art style and won't cost me anything. I look forward to being disappointed... For free~~

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

The database entries on food in Ghostwire are good. Four paragraphs on green tea and an entry called 'What is a rice ball?"

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I mean, if they launched with 60fps and then patched in 30fps quality mode people would be applauding them.

But they did the opposite.

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

FlamingLiberal posted:

I checked out on this game when they said it was going to be a 4 player team shooter thing

They never said that, and good job getting all these wrong statements out of the way keep em comin'

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Regardless the game still looks bad. The best thing that anyone can say about it is that its on game pass.

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Looks like Minecraft Legends will go to the front of the queue next week and Redfail can wait for 60fps

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Honestly surprised how much I'm liking Ghostwire.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
mikami. NEVER. MISSES.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I said come in! posted:

Regardless the game still looks bad. The best thing that anyone can say about it is that its on game pass.

Basically.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

MikeRabsitch posted:

They never said that, and good job getting all these wrong statements out of the way keep em comin'

But it is? You can play solo but it's also 4 player co-op open world hero shooter where only the session's host gets to advance their save.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That's not a live service title. Think Destiny 2, Fortnite, Overwatch 2, etc. games that are built around micro-transactions, battle passes, really aggressive monetization, are what a live service title is. Redfall is many negatives things, but live service is not one of them surprisingly.

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
redfall reminds me of battlecry which was also developed by a bethesda owned austin studio coincidentally

except instead of cancelling the game bethesda is recouping their losses by pushing it to market

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Flamingliberal and I did not mention live service. Redfall is a dozen buzzwords but at least it isn't in the genre of get servers shut down and become lost media in eight months.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

e: idk what happened

Barudak
May 7, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

Flamingliberal and I did not mention live service. Redfall is a dozen buzzwords but at least it isn't in the genre of get servers shut down and become lost media in eight months.

You had to be always online to play it until they backpedaled on that like a month ago.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Wiltsghost posted:

Same here. I guess since my favorite game is Bioshock setting and atmosphere carry a lot of weight for me.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Is the Vampire Survivors dlc out yet?? It's the 13th but I don't see anything on the MS store page yet. 👀

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

DOA

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I was already almost sure that Starfield would only have a 30fps mode, but now I'm 100% sure.

Todd likes his 30 frames and all Bethesda rpg's have been released in 30fps before.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I think they shouldn’t do that and instead target 60 frames per second on the Xbox series x

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

hatty posted:

All controllers use the same cheap potentiometer and the flaw is inherent in its design. Not a big deal with switch nowadays with Hall effect magnet replacements but PS5 and XS controllers have their sticks soldered in which is a big barrier for many

Real hurthling! posted:

Its still funny the switch stick designer thought magnetic paint was sufficient vs a real magnet on sticks so shallow that the magnetic paint would be rubbing on something when the stick is pressed, sending magnetic paint flecks all over inside.

This is the biggest issue right now. poo poo design and almost every controller use that garbage potentiometers. If you play games that rely more on buttons and dpad, then the controllers will last for quite long and having to use a welder to have a proper analog sucks. Sony (and Microsoft) missed the opportunity to give hall effect analogs on their elite controllers, because I'd get one right now if they didn't have the exact same awful components.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

MS not putting gyro in the series controllers is their biggest and only fail

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Beastie posted:

I mean, if they launched with 60fps and then patched in 30fps quality mode people would be applauding them.

But they did the opposite.

Performance mode is the canonical default mode*

*And of course the best version of ‘performance mode’ is 90+ FPS unlocked with VRR

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/TrueAchievement/status/1646462950188761090?s=20

But this time they mean it

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
Is there a trick to get GP-U computer games playable by other user accounts on the same system? Like I do with the console, I want kiddo to be able to play games on the pass without having is own pass on this laptop.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Barudak
May 7, 2007

RIP Game Pass

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

FunOne posted:

Is there a trick to get GP-U computer games playable by other user accounts on the same system? Like I do with the console, I want kiddo to be able to play games on the pass without having is own pass on this laptop.

That's only an Xbox thing, as subscriptions and title ownerships have two licenses, one to the account, the other to the home console. PC does not have the latter "home console" license.

Closest you can get on PC is the family gamepass subscription. Some titles can incidentally work if they are installed from the owner account but launched with different account details, but that's not a certain thing given how licensing is checked changes between titles.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Wiltsghost posted:

Very happy about how much you can interact with dogs in this

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018

FunOne posted:

I've installed GPU games on my kids' computers by signing into the Xbox app with my account, installing, and then signing back in with their accounts.

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

Rocket Pan posted:

.... family gamepass subscription. ....

Wait what? Is this available in US?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

FunOne posted:

Wait what? Is this available in US?
Not yet. Currently available as a soft-launch or test of sorts in Colombia, Chile, Hungary, Ireland, Israel, New Zealand, South Africa, and Sweden.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

It's almost 4pm, where the hell is my Vampire Survivors dlc?? :argh:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Redfall 30fps, and Ubisoft on Game Pass. Two massive Xbox fails in one week. Time for Phil to go.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Ubisoft on Game Pass

I thiiink it's a separate service, not part of game pass. Mercifully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I'll probably subscribe ngl