Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
This deck has been fun (VS deck). Like running Pure Paladin DK style

### Blood Buff
# Class: Death Knight
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Glacial Shard
# 2x (1) Mistake
# 2x (2) Amalgam of the Deep
# 2x (2) Blood Tap
# 2x (2) Party Animal
# 1x (3) Blightfang
# 2x (3) Harmonic Metal
# 2x (3) Snapdragon
# 2x (3) Twin-fin Fin Twin
# 2x (4) Nerubian Swarmguard
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 2x (5) Gorloc Ravager
# 1x (5) Overlord Runthak
# 2x (5) Screaming Banshee
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 2x (6) Gnome Muncher
# 1x (7) The One-Amalgam Band
#
AAECAfHhBASqigTNpQWvwwXY9gUN1bIElrcEssEEnMcEu84EkuQEmPYEs/cElaoF8cIFlMoF4s0F054GAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

RatHat posted:

Still pretty early but I think Demon Hunter may be the first class eating a nerf this expansion

it shouldn't - it gets eaten up by a decent number options, one of which includes blood dk which is currently beating/ outlasting everything it seems.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I think the only certainty so far is that Aggro DK in general is going to catch some nerfs again just because it is baseline much stronger than most decks while only adding death growl and tour guide. That’s unacceptable at the time of a rotation.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
kill all aggro decks, let fun reign for once

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Oenis posted:

Un-nerf Renathal

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Un-nerf Renathal

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Oenis posted:

best feeling in the game right now is deleting a control player's deck with the tony combo. it's ok when they rope afterwards because i know they're destroying their entire place and smashing walls.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Last King posted:

best feeling in the game right now is deleting a control player's deck with the tony combo. it's ok when they rope afterwards because i know they're destroying their entire place and smashing walls.

I had awful luck opening packs this expac (hit the pity timer once, went over thirty another time) but I did get Tony. Which list are you running?

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

fanny packrat posted:

I had awful luck opening packs this expac (hit the pity timer once, went over thirty another time) but I did get Tony. Which list are you running?

something like this:

### Tony Montana
# Class: Druid
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (0) Aquatic Form
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (1) Free Spirit
# 2x (1) Peaceful Piper
# 2x (1) Rake
# 1x (2) Crazed Alchemist
# 2x (2) Groovy Cat
# 2x (3) Wild Growth
# 1x (4) Smothering Starfish
# 2x (4) Spread the Word
# 2x (4) Widowbloom Seedsman
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 2x (5) Summer Flowerchild
# 1x (5) Tony, King of Piracy
# 2x (7) Underking
# 1x (7) Zok Fogsnout
# 1x (8) Anub'Rekhan
# 1x (10) The Jailer
#
AAECAcaLBQadoASNtQSm7wS+mAXN0AWq4AUMiZ8Erp8E2p8ErsAEwd8EvJgF7qMF/N8F/d8FiuAFkeAFqeAFAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

you're gonna need at least 19 armor for the combo to work (tony, jailer, starfish) and it doesn't always work, but when does ... :wave:

you have a backup with zok and alchemist so if you instead can make a huge hp minion stick, just flip the stats on the next turn for an otk.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
If you’re not in immediate danger of dying, you can spread out the combo over multiple turns. And if your opponent can’t deal with immune minions (many classes can’t outside of random generation) you don’t need Starfish.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I haven't run into it yet. Why do you need the starfish after Jailer+Tony?

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Last King posted:

something like this:

### Tony Montana
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (0) Aquatic Form
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (1) Free Spirit
# 2x (1) Peaceful Piper
# 2x (1) Rake
# 1x (2) Crazed Alchemist
# 2x (2) Groovy Cat
# 2x (3) Wild Growth
# 1x (4) Smothering Starfish
# 2x (4) Spread the Word
# 2x (4) Widowbloom Seedsman
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 2x (5) Summer Flowerchild
# 1x (5) Tony, King of Piracy
# 2x (7) Underking
# 1x (7) Zok Fogsnout
# 1x (8) Anub'Rekhan
# 1x (10) The Jailer
#
AAECAcaLBQadoASNtQSm7wS+mAXN0AWq4AUMiZ8Erp8E2p8ErsAEwd8EvJgF7qMF/N8F/d8FiuAFkeAFqeAFAAA=
#

you're gonna need at least 19 armor for the combo to work (tony, jailer, starfish) and it doesn't always work, but when does ... :wave:

you have a backup with zok and alchemist so if you instead can make a huge hp minion stick, just flip the stats on the next turn for an otk.
Nice, thanks. I'm missing Zok and Cat, and it's way too early for me to craft, but if this stays strong I'm going to play it a lot.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

I haven't run into it yet. Why do you need the starfish after Jailer+Tony?

To stop taking fatigue damage

e: it depends on order; in Druid if you Tony-> Jailer -> Starfish you blow up enemy deck and give the empty deck back to them - there is no counter

If you Jailer -> Tony, you blow up your deck and take theirs, but if they can kill the Tony they can swap back

I actually don’t know how many decks can even deal with immune Tony conventionally now, Whirlpool and Primordial Wave are the most common atm

Firebert fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 12, 2023

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Oh, so the decks only stay swapped for how long Tony is alive? I thought it was a permanent effect

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Oh, so the decks only stay swapped for how long Tony is alive? I thought it was a permanent effect

Being able to switch decks permanently for 5 mana would make the game a complete clown fiesta

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/MyntyPhresh/status/1636790564376150024

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

I am so loving bored of frost dk

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

RatHat posted:

Being able to switch decks permanently for 5 mana would make the game a complete clown fiesta

That makes way more sense

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
How do the collection achievements work? I just opened 10 more packs I bought with gold and got the druid legendary spell in golden form and the rogue legendary spell, thinking of disenchanting the former since that's essentially any legendary of my choice and seems quite poo poo.

I'm not that far from getting the diamond reward for the set though, the one for having 27 legendaries from the set which will basically be done when the miniset comes out but I'm wondering if the credit for having the druid one "collected" so to speak will remain if I disenchant it. I know you can't get it again until you've got all the others from packs so there's some sort of meta collection thing that it remembers.

bravesword
Apr 13, 2012

Silent Protagonist
You have to have 27 different legendaries from the set at once to get the diamond card, not simply to have owned 27 different legendaries at some point. That said, once you’ve claimed the diamond card, you have it permanently — it won’t be revoked or anything if you disenchant after that.

If you’re willing to wait for the miniset, that can push you over the edge — those usually add four legendaries to the set, but the achievement will still only require the original amount.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Opened 38 packs, one Legendary, so that sucked.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Corbett's druid list is running roughshod over Wild. Turns out Instrument tech making twig+sphere super consistent is kind of silly?

### LUL Nerf Twig
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Aquatic Form
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 1x (1) Floop's Glorious Gloop
# 2x (1) Rake
# 1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Instrument Tech
# 2x (2) Moonlit Guidance
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 2x (3) Ferocious Howl
# 2x (4) Branching Paths
# 1x (4) Flobbidinous Floop
# 2x (4) Poison Seeds
# 1x (4) Twig of the World Tree
# 1x (5) Wildheart Guff
# 2x (7) Scale of Onyxia
# 1x (8) Anub'Rekhan
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
# 1x (10) Raid Boss Onyxia
# 2x (10) Ultimate Infestation
#
AAEBAbvyBAqFF5voAvX8AsX9Ao/OA7CKBImLBKWtBL6YBeKkBQqKDofOAp7SAr/yAq+ABK6fBM+sBK7ABO6jBbjFBQAA
#

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

Shockeh posted:

Opened 38 packs, one Legendary, so that sucked.

So you got the one in your first 10, then whiffed on the rest? That's rough. If it helps, I hit the pity timer after getting my first. Then went 30+ for my next one.

If anyone wants some xp, I have a challenge. carcass#11432 on NA. e: claimed

Pure Paladin has done some work for me from D5-D3. I'm 7-0-1.

### Pure Paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (1) Sanguine Soldier
# 2x (1) Sinful Sous Chef
# 2x (2) Argent Protector
# 1x (2) Blood Matriarch Liadrin
# 2x (2) Class Action Lawyer
# 2x (2) Disco Maul
# 2x (2) For Quel'Thalas!
# 1x (2) Grimestreet Outfitter
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (3) Boogie Down
# 2x (3) Funkfin
# 2x (3) Seal of Blood
# 2x (4) Jitterbug
# 1x (5) The Purator
# 1x (7) The Countess
# 2x (9) Lightray
#
AAECAdz5AwSG4gSElgWFpQW0ngYN658EyaAE4tMEv+IE8u0Eq5MFgZYFg5YFwMQFwcQFysQFuscFtZ4GAAA=
#

fanny packrat fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Apr 13, 2023

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

Excelzior posted:

Corbett's druid list is running roughshod over Wild. Turns out Instrument tech making twig+sphere super consistent is kind of silly?

### LUL Nerf Twig
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (0) Aquatic Form
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 1x (1) Floop's Glorious Gloop
# 2x (1) Rake
# 1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
# 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
# 2x (2) Instrument Tech
# 2x (2) Moonlit Guidance
# 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
# 2x (3) Ferocious Howl
# 2x (4) Branching Paths
# 1x (4) Flobbidinous Floop
# 2x (4) Poison Seeds
# 1x (4) Twig of the World Tree
# 1x (5) Wildheart Guff
# 2x (7) Scale of Onyxia
# 1x (8) Anub'Rekhan
# 1x (9) Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
# 1x (10) Raid Boss Onyxia
# 2x (10) Ultimate Infestation
#
AAEBAbvyBAqFF5voAvX8AsX9Ao/OA7CKBImLBKWtBL6YBeKkBQqKDofOAp7SAr/yAq+ABK6fBM+sBK7ABO6jBbjFBQAA
#

loving Wild Druid. Guff needs a serious nerf.

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

I got gloriously slapped by this card last night. Totally broken combo available

Tony King of Piracy and The Fires of Zin-Azshari. Then destroy Tony and play a Steamcleaner to destroy the opponent's deck.

It doesn't even make sense, as far as I can tell Steamcleaner should still destroy both decks but for some reason it just does the opponents...

Capped
Jun 21, 2005

kater posted:

big hunter is pretttttttty money.

i haven't even played a legendary, just coasting off of Banjosaur and Big Dreams. A spell that can actually work with Twinbow Terrorcoil and not be weird about it feels so good.

can I get a decklist for this? Opened up all the rare hunter cards so may as well

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Illuminti posted:

I got gloriously slapped by this card last night. Totally broken combo available

Tony King of Piracy and The Fires of Zin-Azshari. Then destroy Tony and play a Steamcleaner to destroy the opponent's deck.

It doesn't even make sense, as far as I can tell Steamcleaner should still destroy both decks but for some reason it just does the opponents...

The Steamcleaner interaction makes sense because Tony doesn't take the cards out of each player's deck and adds them to the other's, it just... moves the decks entirely. Steam Cleaner specifically says cards that didn't start in each deck and it doesn't stop being the deck they started in just because the other player is currently drawing from it.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Solid Alibi constantly getting recast with Rewind is so loving annoying, that deck may as well be Freeze Mage lmfao

EDIT: I loving love it when I go from losing to a Death Knight bot because they got some nutso draws to winning because their connection falls off a cliff and they don't attack before rope lmfao

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Apr 13, 2023

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Color Printer posted:

Solid Alibi constantly getting recast with Rewind is so loving annoying, that deck may as well be Freeze Mage lmfao

EDIT: I loving love it when I go from losing to a Death Knight bot because they got some nutso draws to winning because their connection falls off a cliff and they don't attack before rope lmfao

I was just coming to this thread to post about how much fun I'm having with Rewind lol

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

That may be the next deck I try to go for next because I also want to have fun

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Lurks With Wolves posted:

The Steamcleaner interaction makes sense because Tony doesn't take the cards out of each player's deck and adds them to the other's, it just... moves the decks entirely. Steam Cleaner specifically says cards that didn't start in each deck and it doesn't stop being the deck they started in just because the other player is currently drawing from it.

That actually makes perfect sense. It happened to me so quick I almost didn't see what was happening.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Capped posted:

can I get a decklist for this? Opened up all the rare hunter cards so may as well

### mister humter
# Class: Hunter
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Barrel of Monkeys
# 2x (2) Doggie Biscuit
# 1x (2) Scourge Tamer
# 2x (2) Selective Breeder
# 2x (3) Deadly Shot
# 2x (3) Festival Security
# 2x (3) Harmonica Soloist
# 1x (3) Harpoon Gun
# 1x (3) Prince Renathal
# 2x (3) Shellshot
# 1x (4) Ambassador Faelin
# 1x (4) Blademaster Okani
# 1x (4) Marked Shot
# 2x (4) School Teacher
# 2x (4) Twinbow Terrorcoil
# 2x (5) Big Dreams
# 1x (6) Hope of Quel'Thalas
# 1x (6) Mister Mukla
# 1x (6) Sylvanas, the Accused
# 2x (7) Faithful Companions
# 1x (7) Lor'themar Theron
# 1x (9) King Krush
# 2x (10) Amplified Elekk
# 2x (10) Banjosaur
# 1x (10) Stranglethorn Heart
#
AAECAZerBAzhnwTHsgSDyASbyQSM1ASX7wSk7wSykgWwkwXvogXqygXT+AUO6ukDqZ8E5Z8ElrcEgckEwdMErqQF2qwFxMcF0NAFiNEFqNEF0vgFsJ4GAAA=
#

this is what im using. basically search the word beast and add anything good over 5 and then flavor to taste lol. i didn't mean to say its not using the money cards just that i don't really play em. that said ive casted stranglethorn literally once and it wasn't needed. i don't think it is important to the deck at all. mister mukla absolutely is though, wouldn't try playing without it. if i had hydralon i'd prolly play it. there is a VS list but I tried it and didn't really like it that much, too much junk and not enough finding your win. i think this is actually an edit of the vs list, but really just kept okani and sylvanas and barrel of monkeys. sylvanas is pretty hand rot but i keep forgetting to replace. barrel of monkeys is pretty fun.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
... welp, wild is already a wasteland of kingsbane, twig druid and Even More Reliable big priest

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

kater posted:

barrel of monkeys is pretty fun.

More fun than a barrel of monkeys?

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
First gold pack opened and I got Signature Kangor which was cool. Rest of my gold was spent on normal packs and nothing really interesting. Gonna stick with some variation of Pure Paladin to finish my 500 wins on that class.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Just got dunked on by a rogue that held the mana restore weapon all game, bounced a metric gently caress ton of astalors then refreshed mana + played mc blingtron + bounce around to dump 3 8 mana astalors on my face, each dealing 28 damage due to the blingtron weapon

(I very strongly feel like shadowstep should have gone to wild)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

goferchan posted:

I was just coming to this thread to post about how much fun I'm having with Rewind lol

Got my "cast 12 frost spells" quest done in 2 games just from casting Solid Alibi :twisted:

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Which deck is using Rewind? I lost track somehow.

Disargeria
May 6, 2010

All Good Things are Wild and Free!
I slept hard on the Bananas/Monkeys spells for Hunter. I was like, "Eh, that's dumb. Seems like a lot of mana for a lot of meh."

Anyway, here's my 8 hp overkill on turn 6 through taunts:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/74VLBuUseHcyBJJ88iZ9Ti

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Disargeria posted:

I slept hard on the Bananas/Monkeys spells for Hunter. I was like, "Eh, that's dumb. Seems like a lot of mana for a lot of meh."

Anyway, here's my 8 hp overkill on turn 6 through taunts:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/74VLBuUseHcyBJJ88iZ9Ti

the synergy between bananas/monkeys and Vicious Slitherspear is through the roof

e: lol I didnt even watch the replay before posting and called it