Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Goons are often Cramer-tier wrong so cutting doomsday out will cause the collapse to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

super sweet best pal posted:

Goons are often Cramer-tier wrong so cutting doomsday out will cause the collapse to happen.

Hmm also true

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

So Mr Hootington is an economic terrorist.

FBI?!?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

10% interest rate by christmas

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

yeah i had a feeling this was just market manipulation. i think it will be back when it is time

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

true but also applies to most everyone else who knows maybe we can use the curse to our advantage

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

kramering into the thread to cramer

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
sometimes you just gotta pull the levers you have

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

anime was right posted:

Hoots your job is to probe pfc when it's funny or use a clever post for a thread title that's it

nah, his job was to get upset about people posting negative things in a thread with the word “doomsday” in the title. Now that there's no “doomsday” in the thread title he can probe people for posting any negative news!

Happy news only folks! :unsmith:

FlapYoJacks has issued a correction as of 16:16 on Apr 13, 2023

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

FlapYoJacks posted:

nah, his job was to get upset about people posting negative things in a thread with the word “doomsday” in the title. Now that there's no “doomsday” in the thread title he can probe people for posting any negative news!

Happy news only folks! unsmith

that’s right

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

prob would of been easier to just ask the thread if they wanted a name change but why take the easy route

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
The doomsday part is for what’s left of the American middle class.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Ardennes posted:

The doomsday part is for what’s left of the American middle class.

good

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

FlapYoJacks posted:

Happy news only folks! unsmith

Why *train explodes* are you guys *pipeline explodes* so *bridge collapses* negative? *School shooting*

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

zetamind2000 posted:

10% interest rate by christmas

inshallah

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

i mean theres prob some good news just more than likely not coming from the us or europe

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
this is a thread for positivity. inflation is down 0.1% from 5.6 to 5.5 yoy. wages have been crushed ensuring further falling inflation. this is good for joe brandon.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

apatheticman posted:

Why *train explodes* are you guys *pipeline explodes* so *bridge collapses* negative? *School shooting*

truck carrying 40,000 pounds of toxic waste from the train explosion tips over and explodes

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

hoot gets all the boring numbers that are a pain in the rear end to collate he is a vital part of the threads ecosystem

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

the governor of ohio should ship the east Palestine dirt to Martha's vineyard

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

:hmmyes:

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

HallelujahLee posted:

why was the title changed anyway

too much doomerism in the biosphere thread, mods want positivity

Economy Schmonomy

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

FlapYoJacks posted:

Happy news only folks! :unsmith:

:thunk:

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

RealityWarCriminal posted:

would unironically own

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Kids are getting the opportunity to contribute to the glorious American ecosystem and you are THUNKING?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Posting in a thread called doomsday something or other is an important part of maintaining my mental health, and yours, which I am also responsible for

Basic Poster
May 11, 2015

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

On Facebook
aw I missed k-12 US chat.

Anyways of course US public school doesn’t teach people how to think. They create obedient workers that worship their overlords. And if they can’t be brought to heel, then its the prison pipeline for them because they are deficient, you see.

Which makes a lit of sense from a Marxist perspective. The mode of production determines the means of production and the ownership of which determines the style and flavor of state and public institutions. When capital owns the means, then churches, schools, state agencies, the elks lodge, the CIA, all of it, will only serve capital and will either propagandize or press gang the populace into its service with one possible exception or remedy, which is a prole revolt but lmao.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

tbf to hoots calling it doomsday for years was getting kind of stale

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

kids are learning the importance of the Protestant work ethic and can contribute to society sooner! :911: USA! USA! USA! :911:

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Eric Cantonese posted:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/the-new-hbo-max-ad-free-vs-ultimate-ad-free-differences-explained/

"Ultimate Ad Free" supposedly involves more permitted offline downloads than regular "ad free."

Also they're paywalling the 4k UHD streams behind the highest tier lol

Everyone watching 1080p on their 4k TV's unless they pay $20/mo

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

the main thing goons have been wrong about is that the collapse would manifest in the markets, but it's the opposite: it manifests as the markets and the economy's controlling systems decoupling from material conditions. number will soar to unthinkable heights as child labor, environmental devastation and the infeasibility of existence at large proliferates from the bottom up in the imperial core.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

just go back to newsgroups

i did finally, man it's so much easier and cheaper

the current hot thing is private plex servers that charge $5/month and take care of all the work for you. It's sad how much better they work than these multimillion-dollar corporate streaming services.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

Relevant Tangent posted:

tbf to hoots calling it doomsday for years was getting kind of stale

Doomsday is always just around the corner.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

go to any old dying town and it's full of children running the tills. it's disgusting and the surest sign yet that we hosed up.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

hoot gets all the boring numbers that are a pain in the rear end to collate he is a vital part of the threads ecosystem

doesn't even read the articles he posts, could have a bot tweet bloomberg at us if that's all we want

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

apatheticman posted:

Doomsday is always just around the corner.

economic doomsday isn't
Number Rises Eternal

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Relevant Tangent posted:

doesn't even read the articles he posts, could have a bot tweet bloomberg at us if that's all we want

Welcome to our new ik: WALTER BLOOMBERG

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Relevant Tangent posted:

we already have that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

we have all these useless mcdonalds built off highway ramps and no one to run them. get me all the children you can find.