Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

DalaranJ posted:

Zelda has to collect the new three triforces. Live, laugh, and love.

How Zelda got her Groose Back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

External Organs posted:

New thread title

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

External Organs posted:

Goddamn, now that's a snipe :ocelot:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

people: well I just can't see them topping that BotW trailer

nintendo: I told u i was hardcore

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

I'm wondering if theres some sort of light world/dark world thing going on, except Ganondorf's awakening shuffled stuff between the two and the goal of the game is to either fully merge them or fully separate them again. That would explain why some stuff like the Deku Tree is missing while the sky islands didnt just rise from the ground, as that would leave gigantic holes in the terrian everywhere that we havent really seen much evidence of yet.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I kept hearing hints of the sacred duet from spirit tracks at the start of the trailer.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

No DLC announced for TotK as everything shown is the DLC.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i didn't think zelda would be playable tbqh but now I'd say I'm 50/50

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Augus posted:

i didn't think zelda would be playable tbqh but now I'd say I'm 50/50

I still don't think she's playable, but I do think there's a buddy/companion system and she will probably be the final (and probably most powerful) companion

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

All the playable Zelda moments will be her slowly walking and talking with the occasional squeeze between 2 walls to get into a new area.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Orange Crush Rush posted:

I still don't think she's playable, but I do think there's a buddy/companion system and she will probably be the final (and probably most powerful) companion

Nintendo playing Age of Calamity:

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Seems like Zelda got pulled into possibly the Sacred Realm? And Link needs to find a way to get into it as well.

That or the past is what I’m thinking

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Not sure what's going on in this scene, but I'm assuming this is Zelda meeting Dorf at some point. Maybe in a flashback?

The emblem and robe look somewhat familiar.....!

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

My favorite thing here is that it looks like Link is controlling his brick on wheels with a steering wheel and an old Sheikah DDR pad

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

So that's the pit out back of the Yiga Hideout that Kohga falls into, right?

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://i.imgur.com/OEB7wc7.mp4

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hakkesshu posted:

Not sure what's going on in this scene, but I'm assuming this is Zelda meeting Dorf at some point. Maybe in a flashback?

I'm digging bob-cut zelda

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

That trailer music is incredibly good, I can't get over it.

My favorite moment is at 1:39, that is such a unique-sounding lead-in to that powerful BOOM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHGShqcAHlQ&t=98s

(In addition to the epic theme from 2:10 onward obviously, that is sick as hell)

Zat fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Apr 13, 2023

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

i still think Zelda's VA is dire and im heavily considering playing this in Spanish or Russian to not have to deal with it

adding voice acting beyond generic grunts and shouts was a huge mistake

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

queen

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Looks like Riju got a trim, too, and Sidon's sporting one of the Tears of the Kingdom on that gauntlet. Seems like possibly we're collecting them for our allies?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Icedude posted:

So that's the pit out back of the Yiga Hideout that Kohga falls into, right?

it doesn't really look anything like what we can see of the pit in BoTW

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I'm fukkin' vibrating

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
You actually find Zelda quite quickly, within the first 30 minutes of the game, then Link fuses her upside down to his head to prevent further kidnapping. From that point onward pressing R3 lets you literally flip between Link and Zelda on the fly.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I wonder if Link gets some weird rear end cursed arm powers like he's Ashitaka.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Argue posted:

You actually find Zelda quite quickly, within the first 30 minutes of the game, then Link fuses her upside down to his head to prevent further kidnapping. From that point onward pressing R3 lets you literally flip between Link and Zelda on the fly.

I’m glad someone is finally making a Malignant game

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
That new Ganondorf is loving huge. I can't wait for the second phase of his fight where he tosses the sword away and just beats the poo poo out of you with his bare hands.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Zelda's going to have episodic playable side-snippets the way Peach did in Paper Mario.

"Okay Zelda, find the ingredients to bake a cake - Ganon's peckish."

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Arc Hammer posted:

The ending had better be a frame for frame remake of the ending to Akira

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Hakkesshu posted:

Well, he does have previous at conning members of Hyrule's ruling family - what if it's Zelda he talks into freeing him this time?

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Arc Hammer posted:

Based on his arm looking like it gets eaten by the Calamity, I'd say more Sekiro.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Hakkesshu posted:

Its not dorf.

(These are actual spoilers but its easy to piece it together from the trailer)its the character whos face we see upclose. The lizard looking one. Its the one whos hand is holding corpse dorf in the first trailer. Presumably its their hand on links holding back the mallice.

This is big art book stuff
I know the characters name from the art book and its an oot character name and its :eyepop: and even more so given the design links back to some botw "characters"

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Hakkesshu posted:

Actually, I think it's probably this character, or someone related to it. Which doesn't necessarily rule out Ganondorf in some fashion, mind.
Check the necklace pattern. Also if that's white hair peeking out behind it could be like, really long hair, too, and it'd match the white with gold highlights.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Vikar Jerome posted:

Its not dorf.

(These are actual spoilers but its easy to piece it together from the trailer)its the character whos face we see upclose. The lizard looking one. Its the one whos hand is holding corpse dorf in the first trailer. Presumably its their hand on links holding back the mallice.

This is big art book stuff
I know the characters name from the art book and its an oot character name and its :eyepop: and even more so given the design links back to some botw "characters"

don't be stingy with the name now

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

don't be stingy with the name now

It’s (huge art book spoilers)Rauru, the same name as the sage of light in OoT(he was also the owl). We don’t know whether it’s actually the same character but it’d be weird if they don’t at least have some connection

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Hoo boy, now that was a fuckin’ trailer! Here’s hoping the game’s music is similar this time, the soundtrack gave me goosebumps

All of the dweebs that kept saying this’ll just be DLC can officially and eternally suck it

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
that's rad

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Anybody who seriously believed that Nintendo spent six earth years making glorified DLC for one of their two biggest franchises and tried to upsell it as a sequel is a Certified Idiot

Shiroc
May 16, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Using Link’s refrigerator truck as a meat arrow hwacha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

The teardrops are surely a reference to the items (and the subtitle of the game) but it's also very evocative of Skyward's Impa

I'm going to double down on my theory you end up on the moon at some point. That's definitely Ganondorf (or maybe Demise, or maybe red-haired hero...?) standing on his orbital lunar base (which might also be Hyrule Castle) during the blood moon

In general there seems to be a big theme of fusing throughout the game. Perhaps the Sacred Realm fused onto Hyrule which allowed the previously sealed Ganondorf to drink just a ton of water and come back to life. Or perhaps the past fused with the present?