Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

tenderjerk posted:

friends and family, you know, like your husband/wife and your kids and people irl who care about you

??????????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 373 days!

mrmcd posted:

Ur not kewl unless you have a six digit icq number.

i used icq and aim alot but then i grew up and fostered meaningful personal relationships in its place

Mr Hootington posted:

Been saving this for the new thread.

"Emo Ox"

:hai:

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Lmao way to stick to your principles there matt

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

I wasn't wondering this.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

I was

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 373 days!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I wasn't wondering this.

he added an "if" qualifier so your response was not needed or asked for

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

Davethulhu posted:

Deep in a crocodile infested swamp, in a secret CSPAM Discord channel, the Legion of Glennposters meet

Lex Luthor: The Elon thread is full of cringe and fail. Something must me done!

Brainiac: [4 paragraphs of ChatGPT omitted]

You make a good point. Any other suggestions?

Solomon Grundy: Grundy smash thread with image spam!

Bizzaro: Elon musk is right!

I'm surrounded by idiots.

[6 paragraphs of ChatGPT omitted]

Brainiac, you're a genius! We will get you appointed IK of the thread, and then run the exact same gimmick we do in the Glenn thread. Elonposters will rue the day they crossed us!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Elon Musk ftw.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Lmao I'm sure Elon will retract his comments about the homeless doing this murder a couple weeks ago

https://missionlocal.org/2023/04/bob-lee-killing-arrest-made-san-francisco/

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

look you little poo poo, you hillary liker, you msnbc watcher, he is just so committed to his principles and being a real journalist and breaking these anti-censorship stories that will keep the government from ever doing this again that he has to use the platform owned by donald trump because he had a falling out with twitter which was previously the one i liked anyway shut up i'll be swooning around like ms havisham calling you all sheeple

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

lmao

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
Musk is charging the National Weather Service for API access and automated tweets, capping the number of automated tweets accounts can send, and limiting how often they can send them in a short-time period.

The NWS has to pay for their subscriptions or they won't be able to use their current automated posting system to post warnings of dangerous weather on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1646513362023645195
https://twitter.com/NWSSanDiego/status/1644022535288401920

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
relying on twitter to get alerts about dangerous weather

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Sounds like the NWS is underfunded if they can't afford Twitter.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Oh cool. I can follow him on there too

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Don't think the state should be asking for handouts.... sounds like those Nancy Pelosi fundraising emails. Not sure how this is Elon Musk's fault.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

the milk machine posted:

twitter was a pretty useful information tool for me during a couple of bad hurricanes, but that was also in the era when you could post and get posts via SMS

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Cant wait for Taibbi's rumble show.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Sickening posted:

goons asking you to join their discord are people who aren’t mods who desperately want to be mods. they want you to go to the place where they are a mod. they also probably want to use fun gamer words and generally be bigots but can’t here.

it’s very normal and cool. like Elon musk

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)
The only person to ever ask me was plinkey lol

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 373 days!

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Musk is charging the National Weather Service for API access and automated tweets, capping the number of automated tweets accounts can send, and limiting how often they can send them in a short-time period.

The NWS has to pay for their subscriptions or they won't be able to use their current automated posting system to post warnings of dangerous weather on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1646513362023645195
https://twitter.com/NWSSanDiego/status/1644022535288401920

this 'pay to automate' has far more serious repercussions than nws
https://twitter.com/jokers_trick/status/1644876647642935299?t=Niedp4EPITfeADw1MnOoSQ&s=19

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

the milk machine posted:

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

The Chairman posted:

twitter was a pretty useful information tool for me during a couple of bad hurricanes, but that was also in the era when you could post and get posts via SMS

i don't think critical infrastructure should be built into private for-profit platforms that are so easily manipulated by the deep state

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”
lol relying on twitter for weather just look outside dude lol look at the clouds

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

the milk machine posted:

i don't think critical infrastructure should be built into private for-profit platforms that are so easily manipulated by the deep state

personally, I think it should, much like Glen Greenwald does in his critically important post on the subject,

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

the milk machine posted:

And where am I supposed to get important information about dangerous weather? The radio? That's being ableist. I'm deaf and I rely on the internet for any information in text format.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I think the government of the United States of America can afford Twitter. And it should because Twitter is win.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I think the government of the United States of America can afford Twitter. And it should because Twitter is win.

twitter come to brasil

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

titty_baby_ posted:

The only person to ever ask me was plinkey lol

lol i forgot about the plinkey discord

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Who needs the weather when I can just touch the window and find out if its cold or hot

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

blocktogether is also dead now lol

now you have to block every bluecheck manually which is a pain in the rear end so gently caress it goodbye twitter

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Mola Yam posted:

the government interferes with the media to control information? wow. i didn't know that, you're telling me now for the first time. what else can you say? i'm actually sad to hear that.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I can start posting greenwalds here? People are talking about him again.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Mr Hootington posted:

no

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm asking the authoritative body.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

“I think the problem is you’re just uneducated.”
this is the musk thread you can only post elon musk or post tweets relating to elon musk

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Mr Hootington posted:

you want the cbo treatment?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Mr Hootington posted:

the answer is still no

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 373 days!

Mr Hootington posted:

i refuse to post in a 'glenn thread' so you better think carefully about what you are asking here and what that means if this becomes that kind of thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

tenderjerk posted:

i refuse to post in a 'glenn thread' so you better think carefully about what you are asking here and what that means if this becomes that kind of thread.

hmmm