Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The Switch will never die. It is too win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

absolutely nobody beats nintendo when they give 100%

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I'm not watching that since I'm trying to keep myself in the dark but I'm guessing that it assuages a lot of worries and/or just looks real dang good?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Morpheus posted:

I'm not watching that since I'm trying to keep myself in the dark but I'm guessing that it assuages a lot of worries and/or just looks real dang good?

tl;dw: if you were worried that the game might not have enough new stuff, don't be.
game is gonna be fuckin sick

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Were those ..underground areas?

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
Meh looks a lot like Superman 64 imo

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Thirst-trap Ganon

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Lmao that I went from complaining that Nintendo wasn't showing anything specific about TOTK, to this trailer that shows so much I kinda regret watching it

Morpheus posted:

It looks good as hell. Lots of setpiece-looking things that seem like it has a lot of what people missed in BOTW and is much more than "bigger sandbox more tools"

Lmao

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
There's going to be so much goofball sandbox poo poo. Looks good

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

looks unreal. another classic on the way

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

I hope they do a Zelda movie next and try to make it all like a serious tone but get the most expensive A list actor as possible for Link and have him just communicate in shouts and grunts.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

Awesome to hear, looking forward to it even more.

Vintersorg posted:

Thirst-trap Ganon

Why Nintendo gotta make the horny ganondorf

I mean I'm not saying they should stop

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
totk really making me consider a voucher... maybe it's time to play Pikmin...

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

Morpheus posted:

you should minimize the window and just listen to it. they reprise a lot of old zelda themes in an absolutely kickass way

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Polo-Rican posted:

you should minimize the window and just listen to it. they reprise a lot of old zelda themes in an absolutely kickass way

that's an absolutely terrible idea if they're trying to resist the urge to watch the trailer lol

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
They should surprise release TotK on WiiU. :v:

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Morpheus posted:

Remember the incredible final trailer for BOTW? Nintendo decided to make it look like amateur hour

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

beer gas canister posted:

There's going to be so much goofball sandbox poo poo. Looks good

I am worried about that. I am not a innovative person so ill be lost making basic poo poo. I cannot wait to see what goons come up with so I can steal it.

3rd person heaven for the next month or so.

Jedi Survivor on the 28th of April then Link in May. A good time to be alive.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

In hindsight I shouldn't have asked how good that trailer was because now I gotta wait a whole goddamn month.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
The trailer is amazing!
- Link runs
- Link hits things with weapons
- Link hits things with abilities
- Some voice acting is shown
- Music is playing in the background!

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

beer gas canister posted:

totk really making me consider a voucher... maybe it's time to play Pikmin...

I used mine on Bayonetta Origins and it was a rad decision. Has a demo!

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Bayonetta Origins is great but the map is dogshit, wouldn’t recommend going for 100% if you get it

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
A lot of the stuff in the trailer feels like those set piece action sequences in BOTW before each Divine Beast, like shooting the camel’s feet and poo poo.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Morpheus posted:

Awesome to hear, looking forward to it even more.

Why Nintendo gotta make the horny ganondorf

Need SOMEBODY to date horny Link

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

hatty posted:

Bayonetta Origins is great but the map is dogshit, wouldn’t recommend going for 100% if you get it

This is a fair point!

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Vintersorg posted:

Thirst-trap Ganon

Ganondilf

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Galo-Sengen-dorf

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Upsidads posted:

I see where the 70 dollars goes

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

They should surprise release TotK on WiiU. :v:
that'd be hosed up

I almost wish they hadn't put BotW on WiiU. I got it cause Switches were too hard to get at the time, and I think it contributed to me not really sticking with it cause playing my Wii U was kind of a pain.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

this guy is gonna be the one to save hyrule

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

that'd be hosed up

I almost wish they hadn't put BotW on WiiU. I got it cause Switches were too hard to get at the time, and I think it contributed to me not really sticking with it cause playing my Wii U was kind of a pain.

It's the same engine! You could use the tablet on the tablet!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

It's the same engine! You could use the tablet on the tablet!
I suspect they're probably taking advantage of some extra performance/power the Switch has that the Wii U didn't, so designing it for both systems would have required compromise/limitations. Also who the hell still has a Wii U but no Switch.

But it was also me joking about how I wish I didn't get BotW on Wii U cause I would have been probably better served by just waiting to get it with Switch.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

GannonDILF drops the master trow

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Oxyclean posted:

I suspect they're probably taking advantage of some extra performance/power the Switch has that the Wii U didn't

the level of detail on distant objects is definitely much higher in ToTK than it was in BoTW, easy to see that from the trailers

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

The Postman posted:

I mean, based on what happened to that pot helmet guy from Fire Emblem you are probably right

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Willo567 posted:

Super deep cut collection coming to the Switch
https://twitter.com/turfmasta/status/1646184206144290816

This is mondo-cool. Wish it had 3 with its loot progression stuff but this is still so great!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

The Postman posted:

Can’t see his hair, could be Groose.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Motherfucking Zelda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Oxyclean posted:

I suspect they're probably taking advantage of some extra performance/power the Switch has that the Wii U didn't, so designing it for both systems would have required compromise/limitations. Also who the hell still has a Wii U but no Switch.

But it was also me joking about how I wish I didn't get BotW on Wii U cause I would have been probably better served by just waiting to get it with Switch.

(I'm joking. I don't want TotK on an ancient dead platform. :ssh:)