Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Anyone else excited that you can TEAM UP WITH MOTHERFUCKING SIDON NOW???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"Zelda, our only hope is... that Link guy. He's really cool. Anyway, laters."

In the big diving shot I noticed the towers have glowing bases. Good way to give them contrast and pick them out in a more elevated playstyle.

Some tents around ruins from the first game, I guess people are rebuilding? That's really neat.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

My Second Re-Reg posted:

idk I'm actually more convinced after that trailer there could be some playable Zelda segments. You might get some challenge sequences with her where she has to explore/solve puzzles/etc. with nothing but the old Sheikah slate.

Ah yes, the Paper Mario approach

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

It is neat how they showed off all the new toys and abilities and stuff earlier, and now they're starting to show off all the new obstacles that require this new tool set. New movement options for the sheer scale and verticality of everything, new combat tools for all the new and remixed enemies, seemingly more NPC stuff because shits getting so intricate that you're gonna need more in-universe sources of info just to find and interact with stuff.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

madmatt112 posted:

Zelda's going to have episodic playable side-snippets the way Peach did in Paper Mario.

"Okay Zelda, find the ingredients to bake a cake - Ganon's peckish."

My Second Re-Reg posted:

idk I'm actually more convinced after that trailer there could be some playable Zelda segments. You might get some challenge sequences with her where she has to explore/solve puzzles/etc. with nothing but the old Sheikah slate.

Jokey version aside, I wouldn't be too surprised if they did something like this. I'm still not counting on it, but limited interludes like that feel way more likely than having a secret fully playable Zelda.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

LINK, YOU MUST FIND ME

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Hogama posted:

LINK, YOU MUST FIND ME

okay yeah she’s definitely in the past

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Hogama posted:

LINK, YOU MUST FIND ME

rear end in a top hat, his sheikah slate is stuck on mighty bananas!!

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Hogama posted:

LINK, YOU MUST FIND ME

Sorry Link, your princess is on another floating platform.

unruly
May 12, 2002

YES!!!

Hogama posted:

LINK, YOU MUST FIND ME

If Link doesn't get a super hero landing move I'm burning Hryule down.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Alright, if Zelda is indeed stuck in the past, my theory is that she's using her power and machinations to build all the sky poo poo in the past and it is activated to counter Ganon when he "wins" at the beginning of the game.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Hmm, I wonder if Zelda did loving die from that fall, but she somehow got sent to the past to live on as her old self? Just with all her memories and poo poo? What would that even be called, reverse-incarnation?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Hmm, I wonder if Zelda did loving die from that fall, but she somehow got sent to the past to live on as her old self? Just with all her memories and poo poo? What would that even be called, reverse-incarnation?

You can see her start to glow after Link fails to catch her in the trailer. she probably just got teleported away by her Goddess powers

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.
There's an quick shot of what I assume is Hylia dressed exactly the same as zelda, and then she does a kamehameha and melts a bunch of baddies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHGShqcAHlQ&t=189s

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Hogama posted:

LINK, YOU MUST FIND ME

"Great, now I have to climb all the way back up to try again."

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I hope at the beginning of the game we see Ganon clown on link as he tries to stuff himself full of hearty radish meals and take out a bunch of guardian weaponry.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Nah, no one dies from falls in games(in the story. In gameplay gravity is death incarnate)

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Not just that but a lot of design, the way the hair looks, like liked the dragons from botw. Some hardcore nerds also linked it to rabbits or something but i forget how not important. Link is a rabbit.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Looking forward to stabbing Ganondorf in the forehead again.

All the allies from BotW coming back as combat partners is sick as hell, hopefully it's not something confined to small setpiece battles.

Zelda getting stuck in the past is interesting, I'd long given up any hope for playable Zelda but the trailer gives me some hope that she'll at least get focus and things to do instead of just falling down a hole and vanishing until the end of the story.

Anybody else feel kinda overwhelmed by just how many new crazy mechanics are being implemented? Not saying it's a bad thing but as somebody who after seeing all the shenannigans people pulled in BotW realized I have the creativity of a gnat, all these sick powers and vehicle crafting are going to make me feel even more guilty that most of the time I just hit things with a sword until they die.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Hogama posted:

LINK, YOU MUST FIND ME

dang, good catch

so Zelda falls into the Land of the Lost hole

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

I still don't think she's playable, but I do think there's a buddy/companion system and she will probably be the final (and probably most powerful) companion

This seems the most likely to me, re: the possibility of playable Zelda. Short segments playing as her wouldn't shock me, though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Sydin posted:

All the allies from BotW coming back as combat partners is sick as hell, hopefully it's not something confined to small setpiece battles.

Zelda getting stuck in the past is interesting, I'd long given up any hope for playable Zelda but the trailer gives me some hope that she'll at least get focus and things to do instead of just falling down a hole and vanishing until the end of the story.

Anybody else feel kinda overwhelmed by just how many new crazy mechanics are being implemented? Not saying it's a bad thing but as somebody who after seeing all the shenannigans people pulled in BotW realized I have the creativity of a gnat, all these sick powers and vehicle crafting are going to make me feel even more guilty that most of the time I just hit things with a sword until they die.

Yeah I could see some segments with playable Zelda where you go around doing some puzzles or something, but full playable Zelda in the open world is dead at this point

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Augus posted:

okay yeah she’s definitely in the past

Youre telling me theres some kind of link to the past?

a lot of theorys are pointing to it tbh with different looking areas in the same locations in trailers. Could be oot/lw/dw type stuff but you play as zelda in the past sending stuff to the futuelre for link to get access to

CK07
Nov 8, 2005

bum bum BAA, bum bum, ba-bum ba baa..

Hogama posted:

LINK, YOU MUST FIND ME

I laughed, aloud.

Sydin posted:

Yep, and this is why I will only very seldom look at cool poo poo other people made (as with Minecraft, Valheim, etc). Creativity fomo is painful.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I was told in no uncertain terms this was just DLC for BotW. Did the Internet lie?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
an important thing we havent yet considered from the trailer:

hateno got mushroomized

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/zelda/totk/assets/audio/bgm.mp3

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

RatHat posted:

Yeah I could see some segments with playable Zelda where you go around doing some puzzles or something, but full playable Zelda in the open world is dead at this point

Honestly I'm just assuming we're gonna get occasional cutscenes for her. Maybe we'll get Paper Mario-style Peach segments where you briefly get to control Zelda in a limited capacity but I kinda doubt it.

ImpAtom posted:

I was told in no uncertain terms this was just DLC for BotW. Did the Internet lie?

The new trailer definitely seemed aimed directly at shutting up the "how is this worth $70???" crowd for good.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Blaziken386 posted:

hateno got mushroomized

I always figured that those Hateno Village guys were the House Telvanni of Hyrule

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Wtf this is so good.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Asterite34 posted:

I always figured that those Hateno Village guys were the House Telvanni of Hyrule

wait does that mean they own slaves or

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Blaziken386 posted:

hateno got mushroomized

the green tops of the foreground mushrooms look like Shreks

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

zeldas first dialogue makes a lot of sense if its in the past. she lands in the past, doesnt know wtf is going on, guy is like 'hey our last line of defense is gonna be link' and she realizes link exists in this time too

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the zonai(?) lady that does the kamehameha is probably Zelda's predecessor in the time period she lands in

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

WarpDogs posted:

the green tops of the foreground mushrooms look like Shreks

Oh, that's two mushrooms! I saw the back one as sleeves and turned them into a dress.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Khanstant posted:

Why hasn't this game leaked yet

fondly remembering playing BotW a full week before it came out because you could download it straight from Nintendo's servers

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

Augus posted:

the zonai(?) lady that does the kamehameha is probably Zelda's predecessor in the time period she lands in

what if it's one of the goddesses? Like Din?

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

Augus posted:

Born too late to explore earth, born too early to explore space, but born just in time to understand this sentence

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Sydin posted:

It's going to be a list of infinite possibilities that normal gameplay will end up paring down to like 10 of the best ones and the rest will only exist for people to get insanely creative with to break the game.

Shield-Sword looks cool, but is it going to be better then just the regular sword, and if inventory space is limited like before people aren't going to bother with trying the limitless combinations just in hopes of a cool weapon that breaks after 5 mins of heavy use.

Really hope it's not like the cooking, where the optimal strategy was just either cook a single yellow heart item for max heal, or combine all meats to resell for rupees. I never got deep enough into the potions part beyond the obvious making heat/cold as needed, occasionally max attack for stuff, but it needed a lot of QoL improvements or some kind of recipe book you could quickly make from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Just watched the trailer. That looks like a lot of game, jeez. How do they even fit that much game onto a Switch cartridge?