Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
Come to think of it, I never did figure out the trick to constantly making Triple buff foods that last an hour in BoTW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Orange Crush Rush posted:

what if it's one of the goddesses? Like Din?

not red, blue, or green enough to be one of them

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I hope the Twilight Realm is involved in this somehow. I wooped when I found the Arbiter's Grounds in BotW.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

anyway the katana fight with ganondorf's gonna be loving sick

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Super No Vacancy posted:

zeldas first dialogue makes a lot of sense if its in the past. she lands in the past, doesnt know wtf is going on, guy is like 'hey our last line of defense is gonna be link' and she realizes link exists in this time too

Oh poo poo, what if we get to play as two links.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

Just watched the trailer. That looks like a lot of game, jeez. How do they even fit that much game onto a Switch cartridge?

Well, it is in fact the first Switch game to have a 32-gigabyte cartridge (until now the biggest game cards were 16 GB). However, the game still only takes 18.2 GB, which is impressive.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

what if it's one of the goddesses? Like Din?

I was always under the impression the 3 main goddesses were pretty hands off when it came to Hyrule. Have they ever actually physically appeared anywhere in the series? I guess you could argue the Triforce is part of them

Fish Appreciator
Nov 25, 2021
Can't wait to kill yellow sonic.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Ytlaya posted:

Just watched the trailer. That looks like a lot of game, jeez. How do they even fit that much game onto a Switch cartridge?

Removed all the 1s. If you only code with 0 it cuts filesize in half.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Zat posted:

Well, it is in fact the first Switch game to have a 32-gigabyte cartridge (until now the biggest game cards were 16 GB). However, the game still only takes 18.2 GB, which is impressive.

So what you're saying is... the game COULD have been 13.8 GB bigger? :thunk:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Wait are you saying this game could be a link to the past?

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

Come to think of it, I never did figure out the trick to constantly making Triple buff foods that last an hour in BoTW

monster extract and save scumming is how i do it

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Asterite34 posted:

there will be a day 1 update that is 13.8gb large and it will be entirely dedicated to rehydrated ganondorf's new model

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

RatHat posted:

I was always under the impression the 3 main goddesses were pretty hands off when it came to Hyrule. Have they ever actually physically appeared anywhere in the series? I guess you could argue the Triforce is part of them

does Oracle of Seasons/Ages not count

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Blaziken386 posted:

there will be a day 1 update that is 13.8gb large and it will be entirely dedicated to rehydrated ganondorf's new model

The game runs at 20fps because it is always rendering the Dorf.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

does Oracle of Seasons/Ages not count

Dunno, never played those. Do they appear?

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Asterite34 posted:

In terms of physical card capacity, yeah. But of course plenty of people buy digital and Nintendo is pretty good at optimizing for space so they're not gonna waste space for no reason.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Cojawfee posted:

The game runs at 20fps because it is always rendering the Dorf.
worth it

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Zat posted:

Mortal Kombat 11 is like 32GB though and 64GB Switch cartridges appear to exist :confused:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Ytlaya posted:

Don't forget to buy the Expansion Pak!

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Fifty Three posted:

Mortal Kombat 11 is like 32GB though and 64GB Switch cartridges appear to exist :confused:

https://mortalkombatgamessupport.wbgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/360051795173-Mortal-Kombat-11-Storage-Requirements-on-Nintendo-Switch

"While a portion of the game is on this card, players will still need to download a minimum of 24GB of game data to enjoy the whole experience Mortal Kombat 11 has to offer."

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Also I was wrong. There's been 2 games with 32GB cartridges already: The Witcher 3 & Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle.

But those seem to be the only ones, in the west at least.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Huh, that's really neat. Is there a list of those games somewhere?

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

gently caress, there might be more 32GB cartridge games; I was operating on some very old info. Those games I saw mentioned are old enough that there may well have been more since and not get mentioned. Didn't find a list though.

The one thing I do know is that no Nintendo 1st-party games have used 32GB cartridges. But TOTK probably will.

Zat fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Apr 13, 2023

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
This one's a lot more string and corkboard but perhaps Zelda's location in the last scene?

The horizon looks like open sea and no prominent mountains in sight so off the coast to the south seems? plausible, if she's not just looking out from a cape or is in the sky; terrestrial just came to mind first since the trees didn't look quite as bright as the yellow ones we've been told are mostly to be found on the sky islands. But it could be a trick of the rendering distance.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Holy hell, they matched the BotW trailer

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Also I just thought this should have its own post.
https://twitter.com/ZeldaUniverse/status/1646595887144095756

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

RatHat posted:

Dunno, never played those. Do they appear?

As Sages, not goddesses. They show up as visitors in Minish Cap too, but they just seem to be humans in that.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hogama posted:

Definitely at least a few years between BotW and TotK then. Maybe the timeskip is after Ganondorf awakens, would give some time for him to influence Hyrule

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
How the gently caress do they release that trailer and then expect me to wait a month to play it?

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Hogama posted:

Huh, I just noticed Sidon's wearing a crown in the trailer but not in that art

I wonder if Yunobo got replaced or at least got a massive facelift they want to keep secret still

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost
Just yesterday they put baby Yoda in a robot and today they give Link a robot. I love it!

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

I am a-ok with Yunobo being replaced lmao

E: or it could just be three Champions this time, that seems more Zelda-esque

The Maroon Hawk fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Apr 13, 2023

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wheres fishgirl

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

dead

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

It also seems like this game might have more plot stuff than Breath of the Wild, which would be nice.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Super No Vacancy posted:

wheres fishgirl

Turn off your monitor

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

trailer was ok, like the implication of a stronger story focus

hate the "lol zelda's a useless woman again lmao go rescue her link she might be an ai buddy in the final dungeon if you're lucky" aspect of the story, which frankly sucks and shouldn't be a thing nowadays. damsel in distress poo poo needs to gently caress off

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Ytlaya posted:

It also seems like this game might have more plot stuff than Breath of the Wild, which would be nice.

Age of Calamity had a lot more plot stuff going on than BotW so yeah I'm hoping that's continuing on here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Icedude posted:

Huh, I just noticed Sidon's wearing a crown in the trailer but not in that art

I wonder if Yunobo got replaced or at least got a massive facelift they want to keep secret still

Ganondorf kills Yunobo in the first 10 minutes to show that he means business this time