Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Personally I reckon there shouldn't even be regular other stuff: if a cube needs a sphere it just excises a sphere-shaped segment of itself. If it needs to be bigger 8 cubes just merge together. If for some reason it needs to be a different shape, it rearranges its structure into a different shape. Cube is just the 'standard' shape to be in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
Don't laugh, the "fusion cube" or "tactical fusion cube" is a thing in Armada II. Maybe if they'd made an Armada III we'd see a fusion fusion cube? 8 fusion cubes fused together?

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

FISHMANPET posted:

Don't laugh, the "fusion cube" or "tactical fusion cube" is a thing in Armada II. Maybe if they'd made an Armada III we'd see a fusion fusion cube? 8 fusion cubes fused together?

We are getting a message from the Strategic Hypercube! It reads.... "We are *all* the Borg."

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FISHMANPET posted:

If they made an Armada III battles would take days because everyone would keep missing.

Yes I'm still pissed about how much of a loving mess Starfleet Command III is.

SuperTeeJay
Jun 14, 2015

skasion posted:

With Harry it’s far more ridiculous because Voyager is out there for years. Like, even if he had been Wesley at the start, he would still be a grown man by the end of the show. This man spent almost his entire 20s stuck with the same ~100 people and they treat him like the intern right through to the end lmao
I liked that about Kim's character and how he was treated. Changing teams or employers is part of being perceived as successful/developing, but Kim can't leave, can't get promoted and will never be senior to anyone.

Janeway called the crew a family and Kim is the 35-year-old baby.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

SuperTeeJay posted:

I liked that about Kim's character and how he was treated. Changing teams or employers is part of being perceived as successful/developing, but Kim can't leave, can't get promoted and will never be senior to anyone.

Janeway called the crew a family and Kim is the 35-year-old baby.

Meanwhile Tom can get a field promotion, get demoted, then repromoted. Like, you could have just made Harry and Tom switch ranks and that would have been fine.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
The Borg ever being more than one mysterious huge cube was a mistake.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

jeeves posted:

The Borg ever being more than one mysterious huge cube was a mistake.

Fuckin a

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Real missed opportunity not to have a rotating Borg Rubiks Cube.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Eighties ZomCom posted:

Real missed opportunity not to have a rotating Borg Rubiks Cube.

I am now envisioning this as their version of a spore drive. Instead of a spinning saucer section, it just has sections flipping like a Rubik's cube until they all line up and it jumps.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

If I were the borg queen I would implement a policy of not ignoring intruders and letting them walk around my shape ship unmolested doing their plans. No, I would kill them on sight. We would, rather.

Also if I were the borg queen I wouldn't constantly monologue to myself and make direct verbal orders to drones whoms minds I can already read and communicate with perfectly, because that would make me into just another generic Star Trek bad guy race instead of something weird and alien

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

swickles posted:

I am now envisioning this as their version of a spore drive. Instead of a spinning saucer section, it just has sections flipping like a Rubik's cube until they all line up and it jumps.

Damnit now I wish I knew CGI.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

swickles posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU6cfa8Of-E

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Borg Ferris Wheel where every car on the wheel is a Borg cube.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Borg Ferris Wheel where every car on the wheel is a Borg cube.

That one slightly different Borg cube that has hydraulics, spinning rims and just broadcasts loud music to anyone nearby.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

FISHMANPET posted:

Yes, that's where I got the picture.

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
Let’s put Section 31 into a cubical that is inside a non-cubical Borg ship and then just have it all fall into a memory hole.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I keep telling you that's not a memory hole it's an Iconian gateway and you can't keep shoving your problems into it, it's creating TOS plots everywhere

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Induct me into Section 69 please

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Feldegast42 posted:

Induct me into Section 69 please

Okay all the insignia are horga’hn.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Trust nobody over thirty under twenty-five.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
love to hear that the dying grasp of positive 70's futurism ends with boomers screaming

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I will never stop being amazed at how the kids show on Nickelodeon manages to be better on literally every conceivable front than Picard. And I don't even think Prodigy is a 10/10 show either but goddamn is it better than this utter dreck.

I have never been this mad at TV, please help me goons you're all supposed to be experts in this what do I do now??

Edit: Wrong Star Trek thread but I'm letting the question stand. :colbert:

My Second Re-Reg fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Apr 13, 2023

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

davidspackage posted:

That one slightly different Borg cube that has hydraulics, spinning rims and just broadcasts loud music to anyone nearby.

We are the Borg. Dump your airbags and surrender your sound systems. We will add your automotive and audiological distinctiveness to our own. Your sick tight crew will adapt to service us. Hatin' is futile.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

My Second Re-Reg posted:

I will never stop being amazed at how the kids show on Nickelodeon manages to be better on literally every conceivable front than Picard. And I don't even think Prodigy is a 10/10 show either but goddamn is it better than this utter dreck.

I have never been this mad at TV, please help me goons you're all supposed to be experts in this what do I do now??

Prodigy: Has young person use empathy and understanding of other cultures and languages to reach out for Federation ideals

Picard: Has boomers terrorised by the Woke Youth.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

bennyfactor posted:

We are the Borg. Dump your airbags and surrender your sound systems. We will add your automotive and audiological distinctiveness to our own. Your sick tight crew will adapt to service us. Hatin' is futile.

Nice!

Q help any species with Daytons.

wesleywillis fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Apr 13, 2023

Mylan
Jun 19, 2002

My Second Re-Reg posted:

Just change your mindset. Its fun to be mad at stupid shows in the same way its fun to be scared by horror movies!

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

My Second Re-Reg posted:

:justpost:

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Personally I don't watch shows I don't like but maybe I'm a weirdo.

Penitent
Jul 8, 2005

The Lemonade Man Can

Gaz-L posted:

Prodigy: Has young person use empathy and understanding of other cultures and languages to reach out for Federation ideals

Picard: Has boomers terrorised by the Woke Youth.

Boomers know not to get vaccinated use the transporters!

That's how they get you! With the vaccines transporters!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

What is this 'Picard' I've never heard of that show.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I can't believe they made Star Trek woke

I bet before long there's gonna be some interracial kissing on there

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Feldegast42 posted:

I can't believe they made Star Trek woke

I bet before long there's gonna be some interracial kissing on there

Or some commentary on how hating people just because they're skin is colored different is bad

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

My Second Re-Reg posted:

I would simply stop watching the show that I hated.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

cenotaph posted:

Personally I don't watch shows I don't like but maybe I'm a weirdo.

Winifred Madgers posted:

I would simply stop watching the show that I hated.

You buffoons, you absolute nincompoops.

My Second Re-Reg
Aug 31, 2021

Come on down.
Let's make a deal.
I will admit it was stupid of me to watch it in the first place, and I knew it was stupid of me at the time

But now it's too late and boy howdy am I still red mad and fully nude

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If you don't sometimes watch terrible things you hate, how can you truly appreciate good things you can like?

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Khanstant posted:

If you don't sometimes watch terrible things you hate, how can you truly appreciate good things you can like?

Very easily, thank you.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Even with 1400 ratings it's got a 9.5 on IMDB
loving absolutely baffling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
Okay let’s stop talking about bad episodes of Picard and talk about bad episodes that include Picard instead!

Hoo boy “Journey’s End” is just embarrassing. The worst loving Wesley episode, by far. And poor Tom Jackson, he deserved so much more out of a Star Trek role. And that’s not even touching the a-plot!