Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I never had that happen once playing through it, the main quest line gives you full sets of gear throughout that always seem to bring you up to the relevant requirements as they come along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

negativeneil posted:

This would not have happened except for a global pandemic and insane supply chain fuckups which were outside Sony's control. It hit the entire industry in terms of development cycles.

There are actually lots of games, on the Nintendo Switch

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

They do that for old content but they don't generally add the full sets for patch MSQ stuff until later, like when the next expansion releases.

Still, 3 ilvl is nothing, hell you could easily just get one of the goon FCs to put together a group to run it with you because full parties ignore ilvl requirements.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

History Comes Inside! posted:

I never had that happen once playing through it, the main quest line gives you full sets of gear throughout that always seem to bring you up to the relevant requirements as they come along.

Not during "current end game" they dont. I never had it happen before either but thats all classed as "old content" by the smackheads

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Arist posted:

They do that for old content but they don't generally add the full sets for patch MSQ stuff until later, like when the next expansion releases.

Still, 3 ilvl is nothing, hell you could easily just get one of the goon FCs to put together a group to run it with you because full parties ignore ilvl requirements.

Wait what, they do? I thought it locks you out, i treid to do it before that way awhile back (i think for an extreme)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vikar Jerome posted:

Wait what, they do?

Yep. You'll still obviously eat poo poo if your ilvl is really bad, but full premade parties aren't subject to ilvl requirements.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Unless you're talking about PF groups, which can set their own ilvl requirements you have to meet to join.

Boy of Joy
Sep 28, 2001
I thought I was dead. But I think I'm Cleopatra, too.

Vikar Jerome posted:

Cant seriously give a poo poo about gamepass/premium? The age of all you can eat streaming bullshit is over. Gamepass/premium rots with netflix and the rest of its broken ideals.
Just lol comparing PS+ Premium with Gamepass. I’m personally a fan of getting to play brand new games at launch like Wo Long for less than 7 bucks a month, but you do you

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Vikar Jerome posted:

Ff14 being an mmo loving sucks, the game loving blows hard because it. Nothing screams mmo is bad actually than being in "current post game" getting to the first trial of the new story only to discover your item level (not your character level!!) Is 3 points below the required and now you have to suspend the immersion of the story and story events to go back to old areas to do limited daily roulettes for hours to get currency that is limited by days and hours in addition to the 20 different types of currency you already have plus random rear end items you have no idea where to get it from and you swear its made up cos they didnt have this poo poo last week or even in the prior 1000 hrs to buy maybe 1 overly expenisve sock that you will hope knock up the points so you can listen to some sick rear end ff4 music gently caress this dumb game its made for losers.

Just buy an outfit on the marketplace

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Just quit and come back when the next expansion comes out. There will be vendor trash that allows you to continue without grinding.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://twitter.com/suicidesquadRS/status/1646593761022038017

Lmao, again!?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Wonder how much live service cruft there’ll be left in it

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahaha is anyone looking forward to this trainwreck

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Issaries posted:

Just quit and come back when the next expansion comes out. There will be vendor trash that allows you to continue without grinding.

This

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I was before the reveal that it was the most generic frame a game could have while being live service.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

Okay fess up, which lucky one of you won the "have a cameo appearance as a monster in legend of dragoon" contest all those years ago??

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

"Personally, I think he's done a great job of being down to earth so far."

Feels Villeneuve posted:

There are actually lots of games, on the Nintendo Switch

COVID is widely cited as the reason the most highly anticipated game on Switch still hasn't come out yet despite being announced in 2019. Not sure what you're getting at, but Sony was pretty open about the fact that the supply chain issues that constrained the PS5 is the reason they scrambled to go back and make so many games cross gen to rescue dismal projected sales numbers. Whether you disagree with the strategy, the phenomenon that precipitated it was something that hit the entire games industry pretty hard. You could argue that of all the platforms, Switch rode out the pandemic the most successfully because their platform is the least demanding from a production standpoint.

negativeneil fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Apr 13, 2023

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Massive W for the justice league

acksplode
May 17, 2004

negativeneil posted:

Not sure what you're getting at, but Sony was pretty open about the fact that the supply chain issues that constrained the PS5 is the reason they scrambled to go back and make so many games cross gen to rescue dismal projected sales numbers.

GoWR and HFW both started development around 2018, there's no way PS4 support got added more than halfway through development. You don't take a game designed around SSD transfer speeds and just patch in HDD support. Those were crossgen games from the start. Covid ate my homework does not explain the lack of PS5 exclusives.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Must be hard knowing that if you release the game you've been working on for years that's it's going to sink your brand and make you a joke.

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Suicide Squad: Kill the Studio

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

acksplode posted:

GoWR and HFW both started development around 2018, there's no way PS4 support got added more than halfway through development. You don't take a game designed around SSD transfer speeds and just patch in HDD support. Those were crossgen games from the start. Covid ate my homework does not explain the lack of PS5 exclusives.

That's true. I'd wager Sony internally delayed a lot of the year 1 & 2 PS5 projects to wait for sales numbers to catch up. I guess we'll never know for sure, but if Sony were able to make as many PS5s as there was demand for it, I really don't think we'd be in our current predicament.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

negativeneil posted:

I'd wager Sony internally delayed a lot of the year 1 & 2 PS5 projects to wait for sales numbers to catch up.

Why would Sony do that? Sounds like a fine way to make lucky PS5 havers wish they had an Xbox for game pass.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Vikar Jerome posted:

Keigh3 is coming. Showcase is gonna melt brains. Youll get looks walking down the streer after, cos they all know you made the right call. The sony playstation five call

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVmXsBNfwHY&t=54s

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
oh my god this ff16 state of play, gimme dat doggo companion already

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

aaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh god drat ffxvi looks so good

vid playing in the background and i'm trying so hard not to watch it

edit

HEART STOPPING CONTROLLER GRIPPING EXCITEMENT :kingsley:

edit

the music! :worship:

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Apr 13, 2023

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

This hype train we're on ain't got no stops

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

FFXVI looks really loving good.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

FF16 looks sick as hell and the only ones I've played in the last 20 years are 7 and 7 Remake.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

It looks so good. Beautiful visuals. Combat looks like FF7R but even more character actiony, put it in my veins. And Ralph Ineson??? I had no idea

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

History Comes Inside! posted:

Wonder how much live service cruft there’ll be left in it

Yeah if they're delaying it by almost a year I have to assume they're just removing all the live service stuff(that was too ingrained into the game to simply cut out before release)

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
FF XVI looks so good.

Doggy companion automatically makes it one of the best ones.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/Konami/status/1646595987245527042

im loving dying here

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Icon battles :eyepop:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

RatHat posted:

Yeah if they're delaying it by almost a year I have to assume they're just removing all the live service stuff(that was too ingrained into the game to simply cut out before release)

I'm not sure how they can fix that. It's woven into the core of the game. They'd have to remove all the gear systems entirely and make the characters more reliant on their powers than guns, completely alter the combat, who knows what else to make it work. Project seems doomed.

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Final Fantasy looks cool and all but that combat is so visually busy I feel like even a short session would wear my brain out.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Only registered members can see post attachments!

negativeneil
Jul 8, 2000

I hope the HUD in FFXVI is highly customizable. I want those damage numbers off the screen they're distracting as hell

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

Just buy an outfit on the marketplace

i thought they are all set at level 1? otherwise im gonna rock yuna's ffx2 outfit...

Issaries posted:

yeah i know that was the plan but then i got sucked back in during the free time and i had some credit and got a 2 month card and FF year hype figured gently caress it ill playthrough whats out so far... for disc 10 :cool: :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

:hmmyes: